So sad: Man, 70 puts ad in paper, just wants a friend

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Grapevine, I don't know where you live but most areas have vans that will take you shopping. If you live in a complex for seniors, perhaps the people in charge of it can put you in touch with the help you need. It is always nice when people offer to bring you things but getting out is important too.

I have a senior that I take shopping once per month for a big shopping, and it was hard for her to get use to thinking ahead for what she might need before the next big shopping. She has another friend who takes her when she just needs a few things.

Perhaps if you chat with any of the others in your complex, you will find others who would like a van to pick them up too, and you can have an "outing".

Hmmmm, I think this is a dead thread.....
12.gif

Who is Arlene *?
*SPROUSE,ARLENE R 509 Walnut St, Elyria, OH 44035-3374 SPROUSE,DENNIS D 509 Walnut St, Elyria, OH 44035-3374

Hello,

I just stumbled upon this thread tonight and it caught my eye as I live in Elyria and have family that lives about a block away from Walnut St. Has there been any followup? I also have a friend who is a member of the EPD...

I was touched by your outpouring of love and kindess for this virtual stranger and just wondered if anyone had kept in touch.

Take care,

gentleheart

Just be careful of people online you don't really know. Even the btk strangler serial killer who has resurfaced is considered "elderly".

:slap: YOU SHOULD NEVER POST PERSONAL INFO LIKE THAT!!!!

BTW Arlene is his wife who passed a few years back. Elderly people do not always change their phone listings.

gentleheart said:
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this thread tonight and it caught my eye as I live in Elyria and have family that lives about a block away from Walnut St. Has there been any followup? I also have a friend who is a member of the EPD...

I was touched by your outpouring of love and kindess for this virtual stranger and just wondered if anyone had kept in touch.

Take care,

gentleheart
Hello Neighbor! I live in the area as well. (Grafton) Anyways last I heard from Dennis he was wanting me to go get him cigarettes and I declined to do it. Then I was on vacation and he left ugly messages on my phone because I would not contact him. I was out of town. I think he thought I was avoiding him but that was not the case. I haven't spoke to him since the ugly messages. (Swearing and rudeness) So I'm not sure how he is. I pass by his apartment building when going to Value City and I often wonder how he is but I no longer have a number for him. (He changed his phone number)
I only hope he is doing well.

txsvicki said:
Just be careful of people online you don't really know. Even the btk strangler serial killer who has resurfaced is considered "elderly".
OMG! I just found this thread and read many of the posts. Well, I wonder what happened with Dennis? Do you know?
Also, I live in TX :)
And now :eek: the really eerie thing is that the BTK strangler was just captured yesterday!!!

I too just happened to stumble upon this thread. What ever happened to Dennis? Anyone?

Hi alpharee and gentleheart!:woohoo:

I am also in the area (Sheffield) {waving hello and typing with one hand..}. I am wondering if there was any update at all?
Why I am I humming the tune "It's a Small World"?:waitasec:

Hi all. I just stumbled on this thread today. Even though it's an old one, I decided to start reading it anyway. I got to about the 30th post, and started feeling really bad for this guy. At the same time, something didn't seem right. I have my options set to read 20 posts per page, and I began to think that there should have been more pages since the first post on 1-30-04. I'm like, "What if this man died or something?" So instead of setting myself up by reading the entire thread and discovering the worst, I decided to skip to the 6th page. This story definitely belongs on the Bizarre News forum, that's for sure. I'm glad the thread is still posted in case anything else develops. It's really still an open-end situation; no one has posted to say whether or not he was heard from again, or what is going on in his life. That's too bad. What a bummer for Alpharee, and everyone else who went out of their way to help. I wonder if he thinks about it, or if his mind has totally slipped away. Gee, this is weird. Anyway, I hope he writes or calls someone...if I lived closer, I would go and knock on his door myself and DEMAND an explanation. I'm not kidding. Hmm. What a very, very strange story indeed.

Marie,

Is there an address where I could write to this sweet man?

Cydbaby said:
Marie,

Is there an address where I could write to this sweet man?
Cydbaby, have you read through this thread? You may want to do that before you get too concerned about getting involved...

KrazyKollector said:
Hi alpharee and gentleheart!:woohoo:

I am also in the area (Sheffield) {waving hello and typing with one hand..}. I am wondering if there was any update at all?
Why I am I humming the tune "It's a Small World"?:waitasec:
Hey Krazy it is small I moved from Sheffield Village to Grafton in Dec.
It is a small world but then again this is a big board! :)

The address is in the thread. Someone posted it, although I don't think they should have. I no longer have any contact with Mr. Dennis due to his bizarre bahaviour. (read all posts and you'll know what I mean)

Isn't it time that we put this one in the history books? I have read about it for so long I have achieved his age and problems. :twocents:

WOW...i have just read this entire thread..........i was fixated. this is a bizarre one. gee i am glad i dont live in the usa...he he.

icesugar said:
WOW...i have just read this entire thread..........i was fixated. this is a bizarre one. gee i am glad i dont live in the usa...he he.
:) was this your first post??

welcome!

no i was posting in the runaway bride thread but they were all deleted :)

so i try once more lol

icesugar said:
Wow! I did too.

First of all, I am so amazed at the kind hearted people here. What a wonderful thing to do. I am sorry at the way it ended. :( At least the kindness of strangers is alive and well here though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT
Back