Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how close is San Jose to all this mess?

San Jose is about 350 miles north of L.A. and I'm not aware of any fires up there. However, they are near San Fran and an earthquake could change their situation :eek:

I could see the flames from my bedroom window this morning. I thought for sure we would have this under control by now. On my way to work it was so smokey out, worse than the other days. Winds are calm. I can see the flames at work as well. I see TONS of smoke coming from the Camp Pendleton area. The flames I see are coming from the Foothill Ranch fire.. I live about 5 miles from there.

I could see the flames from my bedroom window this morning. I thought for sure we would have this under control by now. On my way to work it was so smokey out, worse than the other days. Winds are calm. I can see the flames at work as well. I see TONS of smoke coming from the Camp Pendleton area. The flames I see are coming from the Foothill Ranch fire.. I live about 5 miles from there.

PaperDoll, any word on evacuations in your area? I hope you are at least partially packed and ready to move out if necessary. And I hope you are being cautious going through that area on your way to work. I worried yesterday when you said that you saw the flames on your way to work.

ROFL!!! She only tangled with LE because she wanted to get a better look at the fire. And then she only drove down to get a better look at it!

JBean, how much traffic was there driving toward the fire last night? BTW, glad to see you are still able to be on today.
There was no traffic around the Pendleton fire last night. What I am realizing is that we were watching the beginning of the Horno fire when we saw the initial orange glow of flames.
The Modjeska fire is still really burning you can see it from everywhere. The smoke from the base to the south and Santiago to the north has gotten the air quality in my area pretty bad.
The winds are very calm and while that helps to stop the spread of fire it keeps the smoke just hanging around .

PaperDoll, any word on evacuations in your area? I hope you are at least partially packed and ready to move out if necessary. And I hope you are being cautious going through that area on your way to work. I worried yesterday when you said that you saw the flames on your way to work.

Mysteriew :blowkiss: No, no evacuations in my area. I work with a few people who are more "in danger" of these fires than I and they live within 5 miles from me. They are closer to the foothills than I am. Even if the fires were 2 miles from me, I still might be ok. There are other things for the fires to eat up. I do get concerned about the housing track across the street from me and it's because behind them are barren hills. Looking at JBeans pics, is what the hills look like where I live. I live near Coto de Caza and Dove Canyon which can be effected by these fires.

CNN now showing guy who said half the trailer- park homes have been destroyed where he lived, near Camp Pendleton--About 45 out of 90 homes

My local news showed a fire tornado. Those things are terrifying!
They talked about the reactor plants and said something about 2 of them being shut down right now.

I am in newport right now and it was quite the sight driving up here modjeska fire is taking over the sky. Has anyone heard anyrhing more about san onofre nuclear site?

They are leaning towards dallas for the charger game

Sending my prayers to ALL in southern Ca during this horror.

The only "good" (relatively speaking) news I have seen is the WONDERFUL response for the ANIMALS - heartwarming images of families with their pets, horses, livestock! Chickens, turtles, goats - even PIGS! Not a single family member left behind because of some stupid rule of "no animals" at ALL evacuation centers. And everyone so calm and civil to each other everywhere. When people know all their "loved ones" (with 2 and 4 legs) are safe, even terrible losses of property and "things" can be endured. I hope we all learned from Katrina and I pray we never have a repeat of that horror again. So many lives lost - unforgivable, IMO.

I wish it wasn't necessary, but KUDOS Californians - you are showing the rest of the WORLD why Americans - the PEOPLE (not the Govt) of our country - have always been the heroes and hearts of helping each other and the world. You got it RIGHT CALIFORNIA! Show the WORLD how America CAN AND SHOULD take care of their own when disaster strikes at our doors.

Stay safe and keep taking care of each other out there!

I am in newport right now and it was quite the sight driving up here modjeska fire is taking over the sky. Has anyone heard anyrhing more about san onofre nuclear site?

ROFL, if you insist on being out and driving around in it, I hope you are getting pictures?

Sending my prayers to ALL in southern Ca during this horror.

The only "good" (relatively speaking) news I have seen is the WONDERFUL response for the ANIMALS - heartwarming images of families with their pets, horses, livestock! Chickens, turtles, goats - even PIGS! Not a single family member left behind because of some stupid rule of "no animals" at ALL evacuation centers. And everyone so calm and civil to each other everywhere. When people know all their "loved ones" (with 2 and 4 legs) are safe, even terrible losses of property and "things" can be endured. I hope we all learned from Katrina and I pray we never have a repeat of that horror again. So many lives lost - unforgivable, IMO.

I wish it wasn't necessary, but KUDOS Californians - you are showing the rest of the WORLD why Americans - the PEOPLE (not the Govt) of our country - have always been the heroes and hearts of helping each other and the world. You got it RIGHT CALIFORNIA! Show the WORLD how America CAN AND SHOULD take care of their own when disaster strikes at our doors.

Stay safe and keep taking care of each other out there!

Thank you, FlowerChild.. :blowkiss: we need it.. I'm amazed that more lives were not lost through all this. I think our firefighters are doing a great job. The winds were fierce and it must have been very hard to keep this many fires under control. Actually, I experienced the winds and I don't know how they could have...

ROFL, if you insist on being out and driving around in it, I hope you are getting pictures?

LOL, I'm getting a kick out of Jbean during all this. She needs to quit her job and become a reporter.. hehe :blowkiss:

No I do not have my camera with me I am at the doctors office with my son

We are going to have to Fire you Jbean. A good reporter always is prepared. Wait did I type Fire?:D

CNN says a lot of scam artists are taking advantage of the victims in California--CNN has gotten hundreds of e-mails, one said some motels were charging two thousand bucks a night! can't believe that, must be exaggeration, and I'm sure that California has the same Anti-Gouging Laws that we have here in Florida

CNN says a lot of scam artists are taking advantage of the victims in California--CNN has gotten hundreds of e-mails, one said some motels were charging two thousand bucks a night! can't believe that, must be exaggeration, and I'm sure that California has the same Anti-Gouging Laws that we have here in Florida
Last night they were saying some hotels were letting people stay free.....
My husband has an aunt, uncle & 4 cousins in San Diego area. One lives in Solana Beach and another in Del Mar. They evacuated, but I've read where Solana Beach residents can go home. (I can't help thinking, isn't that where Scott Peterson's parents live?)

No I do not have my camera with me I am at the doctors office with my son

No matter what happens around you, ill kids take priority. I hope it isn't serious. Just what you don't need right now is one more thing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro