Sources: Casey Anthony Intentionally Killed Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I need in my head - I did not want to believe someone could be so evil! That is pure Evil - to be able to look into her beautiful face and feel other than Love and Innocence is heartbreaking. Do you think they put her in General Population in prison....I hope she pissed off the police enough that she is.....Or accidents that tend to happen in jail...I know that is horrible but, why should she be blessed with a needle!!!

bolded by me. YES!! I believe we have (and are continuing) to witness EVIL. This is not just a case of a mother killing a child. KC's eyes - the night we witnessed her re-arrested at home - WOW - that is when I saw the evil.

Then both LE and TM both said they felt that poor Caylee will never be found. BUT - she was, and shortly after that statement as well.

I'm not trying to bring religion into this - but God continually battles evil. IMO God guided "us" to this child's body to battle evil. And the fact that she was found so very close to Christmas, I believe was God's gift to the world and HIS statement that evil will never win.

Yes, KC is EVIL.

The Orlando Sentinel has such a code ......http://www.asne.org/index.cfm?ID=410
Here's a blurb...

"We should resort to the use of anonymous sources only for vital – never innocuous – information, and only to provide information of which they have firsthand knowledge. We should help the reader to evaluate the worth of the information by providing as much description of the source as possible without revealing his or her identity; ensure that by shielding the identity of one person we are not putting anyone else in jeopardy; make every effort to find additional sources who are independent of one another to corroborate the information; and avoid making an anonymous source the sole basis of a story.
Conversely, we should not allow someone whose identity we are protecting to level a personal attack; "

Just saying, IMO the reporter of this story went WAY out on a limb. Reporting on a crime is legit and understandable. But this report draws the conclusion (from an anonymous source) that Casey is guilty of intentional murder by "overwhelming evidence." The conclusion is where they departed from just reporting "about the crime." You do not compromise your ethics for a time deadline either...not unless you want to be dragged into court.

I am a journalist. While I think the reporter MAY have used sketchy judgment, there is no way for anyone outside the newsroom to know that. I absolutely do not agree that it is an ethical violation, unless it is fabricated. At worst, it's very likely just crappy journalism.

Yesterday the State stood alone for Caylee to receive Justice. That made me sad and I began to think about Justice. Now, before you read and prepare for the pounce ... I'm just thinking out loud. We all need to think. Who wants Justice in this case and what is Justice in this case? Most here will say "off with her head that is Justice", "kill her that is Justice" or "let her rot in jail, that is Justice". Is it? Is it that simple? Who really wants Justice? You? Me? We are not principles. Not effected really - we will go on to the next and sadly to the next. Do the parents of Casey want Justice? Not this time I suspect. I don't really know though. Does Casey want Justice for Caylee? Well..! Does Caylee want Justice? You say she does, but does she? Caylee was innocent and loved without requirement. Does an innocent loving child ask for Justice if that Justice is to be measured out against the person or people they innocently loved the most? What is Justice to a less than 3 year old child? I suspect if Caylee could speak it would be for Mercy.

jmhoo

See your point and respect your bravery for pointing that out. You are right Caylee loved unconditionally.. all children at that age do and yes I doubt that she would be as "spiteful" as her mother. Yes she would probably ask for mercy.

It took a long time to understand, but I do feel that the justice we want Caylee to have is much different than the justice that Caylee already has. Caylee is with Jesus, and no matter what happened to her, all is forgotten and she will be forever happy where she is. Nothing on earth could have made her as happy as she is now.
We seek justice in her memory, and I 100% agree, if Caylee could speak it would be for mercy and forgiveness for the people she loved. Not that it makes it easy to think about, but it's my belief!

Thank you for that reminder! I think I really needed to hear that because that is so true!

I cannot imagine anyone ever intentionally doing away with their own child, this is all so heartbreaking.

Neither can I but unfortunately it happens all too often.

And It seems like each case is even more shocking than the last.

snipped
The point was and remains that the source is anonymous. Moreover, this certainly didn't come from the defense.

No, the defence is still trying to force feed us Zanie.

I find this to be much more likely to be true than what the defence is telling us.

Some interesting words from Mr. Geragos on the media's role in high profile cases...

“Just as one does not have the freedom to falsely shout ‘fire’ in a crowded theater, one should not have the right to proclaim ‘guilty’ in the arena of public opinion, trampling the fair trial rights of the accused in the ensuing stampede.”Indeed, courts have never defined freedom of expression as an absolute right. Rather, the Supreme Court has held that freedom of expression should be restrained in some circumstances to protect a defendant’s right to a fair trial. In essence, under current jurisprudence there is a legal basis for restraining the media, since “[w]hen the exercise of free press rights actually tramples upon Sixth Amendment rights, the former must . . . yield to the latter.” In other words, the press should have no role in the determination of a defendant’s guilt or innocence."

http://llr.lls.edu/volumes/v39-issue4/docs/Geragos.pdf

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

While you and I don't agree on some of the points, I'm with you on this. FL has their Sunshine Laws, and while LE can hold some of the evidence from being released to the public, their hands are pretty much tied on a lot of it. This has been discussed for 6 months. No surprise here.
Lanie

Your 100% right.

Baez keeps blaming LE for leaking info but what he's not saying is that FLA has some of the most liberal laws in the country when it comes to "sharing" information with the public.

We wouldn't have seen hardly any of this evidence if Caylee's murder happened in another state.

I believed she had long fantasized about killing Caylee and possibly both George & Cindy for the home and any insurance money and had started to developed a ‘plan’ to kill them all.
Something, …the alleged fight, getting caught once again stealing money, her obsession with riding off into the sunset with Tony L. being jeopardized, threat of Cindy going for custody of Caylee…. Whatever it was that set her off caused her to kill Caylee outright without any pre-plan in place which is why she sitting in jail now with the SA saying overwhelming evidence of premeditation..

I agree with this - I think it was premeditated, and a slip of temper caused her to act a bit sooner than she planned, though I don't believe the killing itself was carried out with any more passion than someone having an inconvenient pet euthanized.

I believe if it was an accident - she would have confessed for the pity.

If it was an act of sheer rage - she would have confessed for the reduced sentence of manslaughter via temporary insanity.

If anyone else was complicit - she would have confessed with a price of immunity and let the other party do the time.

bolded by me. YES!! I believe we have (and are continuing) to witness EVIL. This is not just a case of a mother killing a child. KC's eyes - the night we witnessed her re-arrested at home - WOW - that is when I saw the evil.

Then both LE and TM both said they felt that poor Caylee will never be found. BUT - she was, and shortly after that statement as well.

I'm not trying to bring religion into this - but God continually battles evil. IMO God guided "us" to this child's body to battle evil. And the fact that she was found so very close to Christmas, I believe was God's gift to the world and HIS statement that evil will never win.

Yes, KC is EVIL.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree Swag! We may not see justice here on earth for Caylee but there will be a far greater judgment in the end.

:) Less filling! Tastes great! :)

;)

My sentiments exactly.

I don't really see the point in arguing whether or not the report is accurate, we will eventually find out. It could be, it could not be. We'll see, and that's all there is to it;) We can back and forth all day, but...

Some interesting words from Mr. Geragos on the media's role in high profile cases...

“Just as one does not have the freedom to falsely shout ‘fire’ in a crowded theater, one should not have the right to proclaim ‘guilty’ in the arena of public opinion, trampling the fair trial rights of the accused in the ensuing stampede.”Indeed, courts have never defined freedom of expression as an absolute right. Rather, the Supreme Court has held that freedom of expression should be restrained in some circumstances to protect a defendant’s right to a fair trial. In essence, under current jurisprudence there is a legal basis for restraining the media, since “[w]hen the exercise of free press rights actually tramples upon Sixth Amendment rights, the former must . . . yield to the latter.” In other words, the press should have no role in the determination of a defendant’s guilt or innocence."

The funny thing about that is, the 1st amendment rights of this land over rides the 6th. The press are all human just as we are, and if those who choose to participate in illegal activity do not like that the press determines their guilt or innocence, maybe they should think about what they are doing before they do it! JMHO

Yesterday the State stood alone for Caylee to receive Justice. That made me sad and I began to think about Justice. Now, before you read and prepare for the pounce ... I'm just thinking out loud. We all need to think. Who wants Justice in this case and what is Justice in this case? Most here will say "off with her head that is Justice", "kill her that is Justice" or "let her rot in jail, that is Justice". Is it? Is it that simple? Who really wants Justice? You? Me? We are not principles. Not effected really - we will go on to the next and sadly to the next. Do the parents of Casey want Justice? Not this time I suspect. I don't really know though. Does Casey want Justice for Caylee? Well..! Does Caylee want Justice? You say she does, but does she? Caylee was innocent and loved without requirement. Does an innocent loving child ask for Justice if that Justice is to be measured out against the person or people they innocently loved the most? What is Justice to a less than 3 year old child? I suspect if Caylee could speak it would be for Mercy.

jmhoo

I will be honest here. Some days I want Justice for Caylee and to me that means punishment for the one who took this child's potential to have a full life. Other days I want Vengence for the one who murdered this precious innocent child in cold blood. If Caylee could speak, we wouldn't be here, but if Caylee could speak, maybe 25 years down the road, do you honestly think she would ask for Mercy? Mercy for the person that took the sun, the moon, the stars away from her? Mercy for the person that took her first day of school, first boyfriend, first date, the Prom, graduation, her first love. Mercy for the one that took her wedding day, her first child, her grandchildren. Please don't lay this at Caylee's precious feet. Caylee is asking for nothing. Society is demanding Justice for Caylee and LE is seeing that she gets it.
(no snarkiness intended, having a vengence day)

They key to that case was jury selection. He was a black athletic star and they got black jurors sympathetic to him personally because of his notoriety and his race..

KC is a nobody and no one likes a baby killer.

Well in all honesty, no one really likes a "black" (your word, not mine) woman beater either. so.

Seem to work out for OJ:)

Im weeping now
And all this info just before I go to bed
Please no one gloat over the fact that *you*were right about it being intentional and those of us that tried to hold onto some kind of humanity that Casey accidentally killed Caylee now have egg on our faces
Please do not gloat
A little girl , a beautiful little girl is dead.
Right now a Mother and Father have lost not only their granddaughter but also their daughter.
It just isnt the time to gloat

A very sad Jane :(

not gloating but do object to your idea that only those who held out, beyond all reason, that it was an accident, are the only analysts of this case with any humanity or compassion.

Coming out of obsessed lurkdom;

I, too, believed for a very long time that this was the case of a panicked, narcissistic mother covering up an accidental death. Why? Because she knew that her mother "would never forgive her", and that she would have to curtail her partying until the appropriate "grieving" period was over. So she put it off, possibly going into deep denial, believing her own lies, etc. But as time went by, and her years of lies, stealing and deceit became public, it became glaringly apparent that she lies so easily, so convincingly, that it chilled me to the bone. The one thing that kept me from fully believing that this was intentional murder was, ironically enough, the estimated time of death, 3-4pm on 6/16. The middle of the afternoon! Accidents happen in the afternoon. Children drown, get hit by cars, fall out of windows in the afternoon. For some reason, it's difficult for me to imagine anyone murdering a child in the light of day, the hours of "reason". Even for a night owl partier like KC, that would be a clear headed time of day for her.
So, if the TOD is correct, it makes it even more evil.
BTW, I am amazed at the level of passion, intelligence, and insight on this website. You guys are truly addictive!

I suspect if Caylee could speak it would be for Mercy.

jmhoo

She might also say Mommy was very mean to me and hurt me alot. She deserves to be punished. I can't say and neither can you. It's SA's job to represent Caylee's interests as the victim and I'm fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi