South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth pointing out that Dewani's Plea Statement http://www.pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessne...6Dewaniexp.pdf was signed on the 3.10.14. So plenty of time to have thought about it. If any previous statements were made it would be interesting to compare them. I have no idea whether, or not, he would have been required to make any whilst back in the UK, for the extradition proceedings, unless the UK court based their decision just on info from SA.

Shrien Dewani was accused of fraudulent deception by the Chitwa Chitwa Lodge
Dewani is alleged to have created a fake travel agent website and written a series of emails to secure a discount on the honeymoon safari lodge. The lodge’s Manager was reported to be seeking legal advice on pursuing the matter. If these allegations are proven true, then it would suggest that Shrien Dewani is capable of planning a crime in a foreign country several weeks ahead.A newspaper report says:”He conned the Chitwa Chitwa lodge at Sabi Sand Game Reserve into charging him R3000 for three nights, instead of the R36000 going rate.Dewani was given the special deal after portraying himself as a “travel consultant” when making the booking five days before checking in on November 9.Dewani co-owns PSP Healthcare, which operates nursing homes in the UK. The firm made the lodge reservation in a series of telephone calls and e-mails. At no time was mention made that he was on honeymoon.

http://panoramabusted.wordpress.com/the-dossier/page/2/

The mysterious funding of Mngeni’s trial
Mngeni changed his plea from guilty to not-guilty and a mysterious man, alleged to be some unknown “Mr Edmondo” from Kenya, a “human rights guy”, was funding his private lawyer.Mngeni’s case was hopeless as he denied being at the scene of Anni’s murder, but his palm and fingerprints were found all over the car.The only benefit of Mngeni changing his plea to not guilty was that his lawyer was able to obtain the prosecution file on the case; a file that could potentially and prematurely assist Shrien Dewani’s lawyers.

Dewani paid R14,000 to hotel staff as a tip to have a Christmas Party
He drew this money out at the hotel using his Mastercard, 4 days after the murder just prior to leaving Cape Town“South African investigators privately question Dewani’s mental state, pointing to contradictory behaviour and citing an unusual attitude to money, such as the fact that Dewani negotiated a 90% discount on the couple’s Kruger Park holiday, yet left 14,000 rand (£1,200) in cash tips for Cape Grace hotel staff.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/mar/02/shrien-dewani-anni-hindocha-murder

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Anni

Anni Hindocha (aka Dewani) - What Really Happened shared a link

12 hours ago • Edited

#Dewani's paedophile PR agent Max Clifford made to wait for appeal decision

Clifford is attempting to challenge the length of his 8 year sentence,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...lifford-made-to-wait-for-appeal-decision.html

BIB I think Max Clifford was convicted as being a sex offender. The girls he molested were between 14 and 19. I think paedophilia has a cut off age of 11.

However, I do not approve of his behaviour one jot, though I would point out that this was my era (known then as flower power) and I was stunned at the young girls, including some people I went to school with who followed anyone of note around and seemed quite happy to behave promiscuously with them. Even boasted about it. These were girls from 13 to 16 years of age. Usually they were what we called Groupies. I was horrified at their behaviour. I used to have to be in by 10pm at the latest, but these girls were allowed out in London into the early hours of the morning. I think some of the now old men thought all those that followed them around were "up for it" (that was the expression used by these young girls) but obviously got it wrong on some occasions and are now paying dearly for their mistakes.

Thankfully today the boundaries are well marked and so they should be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupie

I DO NOT include Jimmy Savile among these guys - he always was absolutely disgusting and it seemingly went on almost until his death.

It's worth pointing out that Dewani's Plea Statement http://www.pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessne...6Dewaniexp.pdf was signed on the 3.10.14. So plenty of time to have thought about it. If any previous statements were made it would be interesting to compare them. I have no idea whether, or not, he would have been required to make any whilst back in the UK, for the extradition proceedings, unless the UK court based their decision just on info from SA.

Shrien Dewani’s signed statement to Police also reveals vital facts about the case, such as his claim that he would not be able to identify the carjackers. An expert analysis of his statement can be seen here:

http://.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/-shrien-dewani.html

Hi all :seeya: .. good to see all the familiar names over here! I've just spent this afternoon catching up with the trial and reading back on this thread to the beginning of it. All I can say at the moment is that I totally agree with what james83 said here ..

Some early personal opinion's

1) He's guilty
2) He is not Bisexual, he's 100% gay
3) I fear the key witness's will easily be made to look uncredible by dewani's high powered defence team
4) What a shame that a man feel's he has to go to such length's to hide his true self, this is not in any way a defence of what he did because believe me i think he is total scum, i just think some culture's attitude's toward's homosexuality are abhorrent.

In the Panorama program, Jeremy Vine says “medical records from just days before the honeymoon show the couple were actively trying for a baby”, making reference to the time before Shrien Dewani and Anni left for South Africa.

But in his tape recorded interview, Shrien Dewani told The Sun “One of the big talks we had on honeymoon was about starting a family.” They had only been married for 13 days before Anni was murdered.

It has been reported that Dewani did not sleep with his wife on their wedding night. Channel 4’s Dispatches reported that Anni “cried herself to sleep alone on a sofa on their wedding night”.

Anni’s sister Ami has said that Shrien Dewani did not consummate the marriage on the honeymoon either. “Her sister spoke out in the documentary and said that she and Anni found it strange that Dewani did not consummate their marriage during their honeymoon. She stated her sister was upset and afraid that she wasn’t attractive enough for her new husband.”

This makes me wonder whether Anni realised that perhaps her marriage was going to be sexless and that they might not ever have children.

Three different accounts have so far been given of how Dewani met the taxi driver Tongo which has made me suspicious that someone Dewani knew had contacts in South Africa who could have known Tongo.

VERSION ONE: Telegraph, 7 Dec 2010 said
“Tongo, a limousine driver who offered himself for private hire, had been booked by Mr Dewani’s secretary to take the couple to the luxury Cape Race hotel.”

VERSION TWO: Dewani’s own family in The Independent newspaper 19 Dec 2010:
Question from journalist: “Did he pre-book the taxi before to be sure that they were picked up by the alleged conspirators?

Family’s answer: “Definitely not. He considered pre-booking the Cape Grace Hotel car. Instead he picked up a taxi at the airport. Zola Robert Tongo was chosen because he drove a Mercedes.”

Its a fact that Tongo drove a VW Sharan, as shown on CCTV when he first arrived with the couple at the Cape Grace Hotel. He didnt have a Mercedes.

VERSION THREE: On 20 Dec 2010 Dewani’s family then claimed Bristol Post newspaper:
“They chose Tongo because he spoke fluent English and his car was in good condition.”

Incredibly, Panorama have gone so far as to alter the audio tape of Shrien’s interview to conform with that claim. If you want proof that the audio has been doctored, listen for the two distinctive “knock” sounds in the background, just before Dewani says the word “secure” – listen to the original and altered versions at Example #1 HERE

So just on the small question of how did Dewani meet Tongo, 3 different answers have been provided by the Dewani family.

http://panoramabusted.wordpress.com/the-dossier/

Thank you, that was exactly what I was wondering about a few days ago. Hopefully this will be pursued in the course of the trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shrien Dewani was accused of fraudulent deception by the Chitwa Chitwa Lodge
Dewani is alleged to have created a fake travel agent website and written a series of emails to secure a discount on the honeymoon safari lodge. The lodge’s Manager was reported to be seeking legal advice on pursuing the matter. If these allegations are proven true, then it would suggest that Shrien Dewani is capable of planning a crime in a foreign country several weeks ahead.A newspaper report says:”He conned the Chitwa Chitwa lodge at Sabi Sand Game Reserve into charging him R3000 for three nights, instead of the R36000 going rate.Dewani was given the special deal after portraying himself as a “travel consultant” when making the booking five days before checking in on November 9.Dewani co-owns PSP Healthcare, which operates nursing homes in the UK. The firm made the lodge reservation in a series of telephone calls and e-mails. At no time was mention made that he was on honeymoon.

BBM .. OMG, that's a bit of a worry .. :scared:

Shrien Dewani’s signed statement to Police also reveals vital facts about the case, such as his claim that he would not be able to identify the carjackers. An expert analysis of his statement can be seen here:

http://.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/-shrien-dewani.html

Thanks Estelle, the blog also gives part of a statement by Dewani dated in Sept 2012, so at least we know that. It's a bit disjointed, and paras 7-18 are missing. In it he says one of the males pulled him out of the car not that he was ordered out and went through the window. Difficult to compare with the recent statement as so much is missing.

Is it any weirder for someone to fly into SA and immediately ask a taxi driver to find someone to kill his wife than, at least it used to be, to fly into Thailand and immediately ask a taxi driver where you can find a 7 year old child to have sex with?

I saw the latter in a hidden camera video. Boom, the guy hopped in the cab and asked .before he had even shut he door

In the US and many other cities globally the first thing certain ask taxi drivers is where they can find hookers (prostitutes).

Cab drivers are the concierges of the underbelly of most big cities, are they not?

Why I am not surprised?
Don't Taxi drivers go everywhere?

I remember what was the last point to say last night to you guys:

These guys who committed the murder were low ranking gangsters.
but when the media came out with the news, the heat was too much!
Don't be surprised that the underworld ratted out the three guys out.

It was too much too handle for them.

besides, the cops are involved... even though I come from Jo'burg: http://sophiatowncritical.co.za/

It shouldn't be hard, seeing as Dewani used the word 'relationships' in his statement. What I find odd is that his computer didn't show any evidence of visiting bisexual websites, only gay ones. Why would that be, I wonder, unless he wasn't bisexual at all, but needed to say that in order to 'prove' he was attracted to Anni. Didn't he also initially deny rumours he was gay at all? I can understand that if he was trying to spare his family, but the truth is out now, so the defence should be able to provide previous females he was allegedly in relationships with.

Yep, normally it would not matter. But in this case, it would prove (along with her concerned tweets) that he was entering this marriage fraudulently and was faking his love as well. It goes to motive.

In the Panorama program, Jeremy Vine says “medical records from just days before the honeymoon show the couple were actively trying for a baby”, making reference to the time before Shrien Dewani and Anni left for South Africa.

But in his tape recorded interview, Shrien Dewani told The Sun “One of the big talks we had on honeymoon was about starting a family.” They had only been married for 13 days before Anni was murdered.

It has been reported that Dewani did not sleep with his wife on their wedding night. Channel 4’s Dispatches reported that Anni “cried herself to sleep alone on a sofa on their wedding night”.

Anni’s sister Ami has said that Shrien Dewani did not consummate the marriage on the honeymoon either. “Her sister spoke out in the documentary and said that she and Anni found it strange that Dewani did not consummate their marriage during their honeymoon. She stated her sister was upset and afraid that she wasn’t attractive enough for her new husband.”

This makes me wonder whether Anni realised that perhaps her marriage was going to be sexless and that they might not ever have children.

I think he tried to hide his lack of desire by calling it a medical issue. Wasn't he claiming there was a hormone issue? I think he got desperate he could not keep up the fiction for very long, and being saddled with an upset wife considering divorce would have messed up his whole plan.

The window? He went out of / was pushed out the car window?

WTF? That sounds TOTALLY crazy to me.

Could he even fit through? I couldn't.

Did they take Friday off because those two were sick? If not, why?

ALSO, Monday, of course, starts the sentencing phase for OP. I'll watch but I don't want to. I worry that I'm going to reach right through the screen of my Mac laptop, grab Masipa by the collar of her judge outfit and shake her silly. When I calm down, I'll look her in the eye and just start crying.

On Monday, I'm going to need a green bucket. :o(

Did they take Friday off because those two were sick? If not, why?

ALSO, Monday, of course, starts the sentencing phase for OP. I'll watch but I don't want to. I worry that I'm going to reach right through the screen of my Mac laptop, grab Masipa by the collar of her judge outfit and shake her silly. When I calm down, I'll look her in the eye and just start crying.

On Monday, I'm going to need a green bucket. :o(

You and me both. I foresee a slap on the prosthetic. I mean, the wrist.

As for Dewani, from where I am reading all this he is toast. he is a gay man who had his wife murdered to get his family off his back about getting married.

That's nonsense, surely. What kind of "medical record" could possibly prove such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot