South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A warder rings to report information from another prisoner? Wonder how much money was involved there.

and was it just macho bragging??? jailhouse confessions ''suspect'' --- MOO

Defense have finally revealed their strategy, I think. Dewani was framed because of a kidnap, ransom attempt that went wrong.The judge might buy it, I think?

Well, if one is totally objective, at the moment it is the most reasonable conclusion to draw to be honest.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 59s59 seconds ago

Tongo: This is nonsense and all lies. Maybe he saw this on tv

VZ: He then asked you how you can allow an innocent "bra" (man) to go to prison and you replied these ppl have a lot of money. And you said you were advised to pin it on Mr. Dewani, to get a lesser sentence.

Tongo: This is nonsense and all lies. This is what you will call, in prison terms, prison stories

Court adjourns for lunch

Tongo probably did say it- but I believe it was another attempt to avoid admitting he took part in the cold-blooded killing of a lovely young woman for a little cash. In his mind, 'just' rape and ransom made it look better to his fellow prisoners.

Well, if one is totally objective, at the moment it is the most reasonable conclusion to draw to be honest.

It doesn't really seem so to me. Not with the secretive interaction/handing over of money between Dewanii and Tongo afterwards. The explanation defense has suggested for that doesn't seem reasonable to me at all really.

Tongo probably did say it- but I believe it was another attempt to avoid admitting he took part in the cold-blooded killing of a lovely young woman for a little cash. In his mind, 'just' rape and ransom made it look better to his fellow prisoners.

yes...........not getting cash up front -- and all the other incidentals like unpaid fares he's probably feeling like an idiot in front of the world....moo

Glad to hear prosecution's still there. So quiet!

The 15K tip to hotel staff doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, what a day! lol. and for some reason I can't refresh the page. I might just see if I need to clear my cache.

Thank you newone and patCee for helping. :)

Edit: fixed my computer :) It just kept sitting on loading.

It doesn't really seem so to me. Not with the secretive interaction/handing over of money between Dewanii and Tongo afterwards. The explanation defense has suggested for that doesn't seem reasonable to me at all really.

Well, if one for a moment assumes that Dewani is innocent, one can believe that he might feel for who he thinks is an innocent taxi driver that has got caught up in terrible circumstances, has lost his means of income, has 5 kids to feed....it doesn't take a big leap to see that giving him at least the money he had agreed to pay him for the evening driving is plausible.

well gee IF this was true ((jailhouse stuff)) that might negatively impact the others too wouldn't ?? would everyone lose their sweet deals?

I'm still stuck on the money. So Tongo got some - Qwabi and Mngeni got some, according to the evidence so far. Is Monde the only one who didn't get anything? Does that mean Monde's role seemed less clear, apart from a few phone calls, so the police gave him the immunity deal to point the fingers at the others?

Well, if one for a moment assumes that Dewani is innocent, one can believe that he might feel for who he thinks is an innocent taxi driver that has got caught up in terrible circumstances, has lost his means of income, has 5 kids to feed....it doesn't take a big leap to see that giving him at least the money he had agreed to pay him for the evening driving is plausible.

what about the money he stiffed him for the unpaid cab fares?
the amount given to him that night didn't cover the fares....

I'm still stuck on the money. So Tongo got some - Qwabi and Mngeni got some, according to the evidence so far. Is Monde the only one who didn't get anything? Does that mean Monde's role seemed less clear, apart from a few phone calls, so the police gave him the immunity deal to point the fingers at the others?

that's a good question, I was unclear whether or not there was jewelry and/or cash stolen from Anni

what about the money he stiffed him for the unpaid cab fares?
the amount given to him that night didn't cover the fares....

How do we know he stiffed him? Because Tongo said so? How do we know that 1000 wasn't the agreed fare?

I am totally on the fence, just looking objectively. Currently I find Dewani's version more probable than the one Tongo et all are telling.

This trial has certainly been exciting, if that's the right word.

that's a good question, I was unclear whether or not there was jewelry and/or cash stolen from Anni

Panorama doc said 8000 sterling value of goods taken - Anni's 2 rings left in car.

How do we know he stiffed him? Because Tongo said so? How do we know that 1000 wasn't the agreed fare?

I am totally on the fence, just looking objectively. Currently I find Dewani's version more probable than the one Tongo et all are telling.

well it was covered yesterday in testimony on the stand that each leg of the journey that evening was 1700 per and th run to the bank earlier was unpaid....

I do see the point you're making on the face of it.....but trying to think myself into his position at the time....no, in the initial shock I wouldn't have trusted him as the taxi driver who took us to a dangerous place where I was robbed and my wife was killed, even if I had to re-think about it all later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia