GUILTY South Africa - Jayde Panayiotou, 28, Port Elizabeth, 21 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's the father who is behind the appeal. Every time I saw the mother she looked terribly sad whereas the father always looked non-committal and his facial expression gave nothing away. He seems to a very short memory of how disloyal his son had been to both Jayde and him for quite some time.

"Vosloo said Costa and Christopher fought constantly about the business and the way it was run.

One of Christopher’s ambitions was apparently to work his father out of the business".

http://www.heraldlive.co.za/news/top-news/2016/12/01/panayiotou-recordings-reveal-rift-dad/

The article is rather interesting.

Panayiotou’s advocate, Terry Price, filed the appeal papers against his client’s murder conviction in the Port Elizabeth High Court on about 8 December 2017.

As we've heard nothing further for close to 6 months, I'm hoping the SCA has rejected his application. I certainly hope so.

you must have had a premonition JJ

https://twitter.com/JayedLeigh

[FONT=&quot]Christopher Panayiotou who was convicted for orchestrating the killing of his wife will have an application filed to appeal his conviction in the Port Elizabeth High Court today. [/FONT]#Sabcnews

[FONT=&quot]Panayiotou's defence filed the appeal against his client’s murder conviction. The defence believe the judge was bias and favoured the prosecution. [/FONT]#sabcnews

https://twitter.com/alzammer

#Panayiotou[FONT=&amp]'s council informed Judge Dayalin Chetty- even before sentencing procedures took place- that they will apply for leave to appeal his conviction. Advocate Terry Price will be appealing on what he called the merits of the case.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
it's like dejavu journalists and legal teams ready for proceedings to start. Jayde's mom is here as well as Christophers'
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Judge Chetty gives everyone 30 min to state their case. Peter Daubermann who represented to co-accused is also here...not sure if he is also bringing an aplication
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Price starts his argument with Siyoni and fact that there was never a search warrant to search his house, therefore it should be inadmissible
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Price says Alleged middleman Siyoni was initially an accused and therefore his statement could not be used against [/FONT]
#Panayiotou
[FONT=&amp]
Price says Siyoni was deathly tired and interrogated for 9 hours. Says he was called the "K"word and threatened with prison if he does not implicate himself...its undue influence
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Price highlights the similarities between Siyoni and Vumazonke (alleged hitman) arrest and how they both said they were assaulted
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Price says two very senior police officers mislead the court. He now moves to Babalwa Breakfast, Siyoni's girlfriend
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Price revisits the issue as to who gave permission for the sting operation and the fact that Stander said he would call those witnesses...but he never did, therefore misleading the court
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Price says RICA should have been considered during sting, meaning that Siyoni would have to have given his written permission
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Daubermann is applying for leave to appeal conviction and sentence of the co-accused and believe they have a good chance of success
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
State Prosecutor Marius Stander now arguing. He says no other court will come to a different finding. He highlights 3 points
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Judgement will be delivered tomorrow 9.30

[/FONT]

https://twitter.com/KathrynReporter

[FONT=&quot]Adv Terry Price (TP) says this was a very complicated case. He is referring to the law where it comes to "middleman" Luthando Siyoni (LS)

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He was unlawfully locked up. There are many judgments regarding search warrants

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TP: "We addressed you over and over with regards to search warrants & you didn't even touch on it in judgment. Another court will find Siyoni was assaulted."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TP goes over the evidence again regarding LS. Where he was arrested etc

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"In a 109pg judgment, you didn't even mention Judge Pickering's judgment which we referred you to"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"You got it entirely wrong saying LS was interrogated & not assaulted"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Panayiotou & Inggs families are here. [/FONT]#ChristopherPanayiotou[FONT=&quot] is not

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are crucial differences in the evidence of certain police (McLaren & Mayi). You also rejected the evidence of LS's mom & brother but didn't give reasons

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nothing was followed up on LS's claim that he was assaulted

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TP says Judge Chetty allowed a statement to be placed before court which had no place here

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now looking at the conditions LS was held in. TP once again refers to WO Leon Eksteen allegedly calling the accused the k-word. This wasn't mentioned in Chetty's judgment. He found Eksteen to be a good witness

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TP also criticizes Chetty for finding investigating officer Captain Kanna Swanepoel a good witness

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TP says Chetty defamed him in the judgment by implying he had bribed state witnesses. "It hurt me"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You were misled by two senior persons (prosecutor Marius Stander & Kanna) as to when they became involved in investigations

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TP says it's troubling about Babalwa Breakfast's bad eye sight. This was not mentioned in your judgment

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Points out differences in BB's two statements. Price moves on to testimony of DPPs Indra Goberdan & Selvan Gounden. Their testimony was found to be irrelevant in Chetty's judgment. TP disagrees

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The police also didn't get written permission from LS to record him. There was no permission from judge

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MS responds that the test is not if a diff court will come to a diff conclusion. The test is whether there is a realistic chance the appeal will succeed

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MS says everything now being placed before court has already been heard. MS doesn't want to waste any more time

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chetty will give judgment tomorrow @ 9:30am[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Panayiotou case has resumed in the Port Elizabeth High. Defence Advocate Terry Price has been allocated 30mins to present the defences case.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Terry Price: "This case was complicated. Siyoni (former state witness turned co-accused) was initially a state witness. According to section 185 Siyoni was unlawfully locked up

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price: Police searched Siyoni's home without search warrants.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price: Police searched Breakfast (Siyoni gf) house without a warrant. Price goes on to say it was a bona fide error.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price deals with Siyoni being assaulted by police in custody. Tells Judge Dayalin Chetty that he won't go into the assault because it has been dealt with in the trial but Siyoni's claims are not contradictory.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price: What happened to Siyoni happened to Vumazonke. They both had swollen eyes.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christopher Panayiotou is not present during proceedings.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price deals with Babalwa Breakfast and her poor eyesight. Price says Babalwa could not read her own affidavit. She was blind.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price moves on to Gounden and Malherbe. Price tells the court that Gounden's evidence was exceptional but not considered.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price unpacks Gounden's Affidavit and how crucial the evidence was in the case. He now moves onto RICA during the entrapment process of Panayiotou.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price says that statements made by 204's are not admissible against co-accused.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price tells Chetty he is not appealing the sentence just the judgement.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]States Advocate Marius Stander says the information that has been placed by the defence has been put to the court before.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stander concludes that no other court will come to a different finding.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judge Dayalin Chetty says he needs to read heads of arguments.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chetty: Judgment will be handed down at 9:30am[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Convicted wife killer Christopher Panayiotou’s application for leave to appeal his murder conviction was dismissed in the Port Elizabeth High Court.

Panayiotou's legal team says they will be submitting a petition to the supreme court of appeal.

Listen to Judge Chetty's decision here:

https://twitter.com/JayedLeigh/status/997034774077243392

Just in case it gets caught up with later tweets, here is the text of what he said:

"The submissions advanced by Mr Price merely amplify the grounds upon which relief is sought and (ui) cogent analysis entirely without merit. In my view, the contemplated appeal by the applicants will have no reasonable prospect of success, nor is there any compelling reason why it should be heard.

In the result, the following order will issue: The applications for leave to appeal by the applicants are dismissed."

Just a reminder that …

Judge Chetty is a respected legal mind with more than 17 years on the bench. His no-nonsense attitude and on-point judgments have kept the legal fraternity on their toes for almost two decades as his rulings have survived appeal after appeal. It has made him one of the most respected presiding officers in the Eastern Cape High Court division. He became one of the first black advocates to join the Port Elizabeth Bar in 1979, a stint which lasted until 1999, when he landed a permanent spot on the bench of the South Eastern Cape Local High Court division. Before that, between 1996 and 1998, he held a spot on the bench of the Constitutional Court, and between 2000 and 2001, Chetty acted as a judge in the Supreme Court of Appeal.

Chetty said the application was an amalgam of "inane ad vituperative [bitter and abusive] comment, and is moreover interspersed with belligerent innuendo."

[...]

Chetty said Panayiotou's defence attorney, advocate Terry Price, SC, had advanced arguments that circumvented the facts that had underpinned the conviction and established beyond reasonable doubt that Panayiotou had orchestrated Jayde's murder.

[..]

"The attack against the judgement had to avoid crucial findings ad focus instead on a plethora of disingenuous suppositions, the real victim, Jayde, being supplanted by other would be victims in the personage of the first applicant, Siyoni and [Babalwa] Breakfast."
"As I emphasized in my judgement, the only victim is Jayde," he said.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...o-appeal-murder-conviction-dismissed-20180517

I feel I could use a very large green bucket. Terry Price is the most despicable counsel I've ever seen, and I've seen many. He and his client are made for each other. CP's parents must be blind and deaf because they've seen and heard the video. How can any rational person ignore that. Their arrogance defies belief.

attachment.php

Too bad, so sad.

There is no smell of bacon and eggs as inmates are marched to breakfast. They are greeted with a spread of porridge and coffee or juice.

The next meal will be served at 11 o’ clock. Lunch consists of a form of meat or protein, a starch and a vegetable.

At 3 o’clock inmates have their last meal of the day. The menu for supper varies – mostly it consists of six slices of bread and a beverage of some sort.

Attachments

• CP1.jpg
    CP1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 42
I'd love to give him a piece of my mind. Sadly it's unprintable.

I could fill up this whole page with asterisks.

I'd love to give him a piece of my mind. Sadly it's unprintable.

I could fill up this whole page with asterisks.

And I'd like to give Price a piece of my mind too. All Price did was tinker around the edges and pretend the others involved were the victims. Who could ever forget that recording. I would have loved to have had that played again in Court. Here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3W98Y_xpJc

Luthando Siyoni, the self-confessed middleman who helped plan the murder of Jayde Panayiotou on behalf of her husband Christopher, has finally been taken into custody. He was arrested by members of the Hawks' Serious Organised Crime unit.

Judge Chetty revoked Siyoni’s immunity as a Section 204 witness last November. His conduct was harshly criticised by Judge Chetty who, in the judgment, called his testimony "a cocktail of lies, perjury and contrivances" designed to advance Panayiotou's defence.

He confessed to his role in sourcing a hitman, and implicated Panayiotou as the one behind the plan to have Jayde murdered.

More in the link.

[url]https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/self-confessed-middleman-in-jayde-panayiotous-murder-finally-arrested-20180507[/URL]

He is facing a charge of murder for his role in the abduction and murder and will be applying for bail on 22 May.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back