South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Phoebe was the new girl all the guys were interested. I was in the military for 12 years and every command I transferred to and for every other new girl we became the talk, the one everyone was interested in. And they guys, especially the popular guys of the commands never have the best intentions. I recall in my 2nd command that I had a boyfriend when I transferred and this guy who was the popular guy was relentless in his pursuit of me. Even though I had a boyfriend. I turned him down many many times. I remember 2 girls immediately took a disliking to me and tried to bully me. I was 21 and the other girls were close to 30. I remember thinking is this middle and highschool all over again!

Oh, good morning all! :)

I would really like to know if somebody is instructing these teenagers that they might face a life in prison if they have sex with a girl under 16 even if the girl agrees to have sex because legally she can not consent in the state of MA.

I would really like to know if somebody is instructing these teenagers that they might face a life in prison if they have sex with a girl under 16 even if the girl agrees to have sex because legally she can not consent in the state of MA.

If they weren't before I sure think they are now. Idiots. I know teens have sex. My younger sister had a baby at the age of 15 and this was 7 or 8 years ago. But sex is a mature decision. And it can be used as a tool. I know girls who have sex to fit in, to feel loved and because they are pressured. And I'm 30! I can only imagine how it is in HS. Actually my SIL used to tell me when she was 15 and this was only 5 years ago that her boyfriend at the time used to pressure her and she broke up with him because she kept saying no.

I'm looking at Sean's myspace and he doesn't have any recent photos on there of him and Kayla or anything to suggest they were dating ever.

It's so weird looking at his friends list. I see some of his friends on his list are the same pics and friends on the support Phoebe pages on facebook.

I joined one of the groups pretty early on, and you had to be approved in order to see anything. So maybe these friends of the accused are joining just so they can see what is being said and report back?

If they weren't before I sure think they are now. Idiots. I know teens have sex. My younger sister had a baby at the age of 15 and this was 7 or 8 years ago. But sex is a mature decision. And it can be used as a tool. I know girls who have sex to fit in, to feel loved and because they are pressured. And I'm 30! I can only imagine how it is in HS. Actually my SIL used to tell me when she was 15 and this was only 5 years ago that her boyfriend at the time used to pressure her and she broke up with him because she kept saying no.

It doesn't get any better! I'm in my mid-20s and still see the same antics. I spent several months working in marketing for a huge bar in a major city; bunch of beautiful 20-somethings, and it was worse than high school.

Seriously I think all the teenagers in school should be instructed on what the laws are. And if schools don't do it I would hope parents tell these teenagers on what the consequences can be for their behavior. I don't think it's necessarily obvious to a 16 year old that he/she can face life in prison for having sex with a 15 year old. And even if they don't get prison time, I presume they can still be labeled as sex offenders and the rest of their lives will be ruined because of that.

I'm looking at Sean's myspace and he doesn't have any recent photos on there of him and Kayla or anything to suggest they were dating ever.
Yes, I've seen that...were there photos of Kayla previously?
ETA: and good morning, waddup! :)

I haven't seen or heard but I would assume he'd have photos of Kayla and him on there. His last activity date was just last week. April 7 2010.

Seriously I think all the teenagers in school should be instructed on what the laws are. And if schools don't do it I would hope parents tell these teenagers on what the consequences can be for their behavior. I don't think it's necessarily obvious to a 16 year old that he/she can face life in prison for having sex with a 15 year old. And even if they don't get prison time, I presume they can still be labeled as sex offenders and the rest of their lives will be ruined because of that.

I fully agree and I think they will be labeled as sex offenders. They might have to also complete a program or something and have their names taken off. I've heard of that happening.

I joined one of the groups pretty early on, and you had to be approved in order to see anything. So maybe these friends of the accused are joining just so they can see what is being said and report back?

I joined a group on FB supporting Sean ;just to see what was being said and I haven't heard anything yet. I haven't been approved or denied. Probably will be denied lol.

I fully agree and I think they will be labeled as sex offenders. They might have to also complete a program or something and have their names taken off. I've heard of that happening.

I don't think there is even anything in MA law that would prevent a DA from charging two 15 year old with statutory rape of each other, if DA actually wanted to do it. As I understand it, the law simply says it's not legal to have sex with a child under 16. Some other states have so-called "Romeo and Juliet" exceptions for age differences, MA does not have it.

Apparently Kayla bullied a lot of people. I'm reading the personal on Mass CL and I typed Phoebe's name in there and I'm reading Kayla bullied lots.

I don't think there is even anything in MA law that would prevent a DA from charging two 15 year old with statutory rape of each other, if DA actually wanted to do it. As I understand it, the law simply says it's not legal to have sex with a child under 16. Some other states have so-called "Romeo and Juliet" exceptions for age differences, MA does not have it.

I'm assuming there's enough evidence to bring the stat rape. FB comments, texts, myspace messages. His own admission? Someone has had to admit it. Boy oh boy..this idiot.

Apparently Kayla bullied a lot of people. I'm reading the personal on Mass CL and I typed Phoebe's name in there and I'm reading Kayla bullied lots.
I've read rumor of the same about Kayla. And of Flannery, as well...

More for the thread on the cafeteria incident...names are mentioned as sources...
"Ms. Prince arrived at a class late and crying; a teacher tried to console her in the hallway and then left her there,

S. Smith said that her son had watched as one of the accused bullies screamed insults in Ms. Prince's face in the cafeteria while the teenager tried to ignore it -- and that two teachers saw the verbal assault but did not act.
and they have already confirmed the nurse visit...
On the afternoon of her death other students said they saw Ms. Prince going into the nurse's office, crying. A school official confirmed that Ms. Prince had seen the nurse but said he could not comment on the reasons.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blake-fleetwood/they-called-her-an-irish_b_522983.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821