Southwest Flight Attendant Tries to Boot Hooters Waitress From Plane Over Clothing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn't, you have the right to wear what you want whether I like it or not. I am just stating that my opinion is that young girls dress like *advertiser censored* stars on the set sometimes and it is insane. I don't think it was necissary (sp)have given her the boot like a terrorist either. It may also have been unnessisary to list her profession. You can wear what you want, t shirts with curse words, whatever.

Your talking in general now. This girl's outfit was hardly a *advertiser censored* star outfit and in fact I used to wear clothes like that up until about 4 years ago and I'm nearing 40 now. I never cared about other people's opinions, I dressed like that for me. It was comfortable, nice... but I never put anything on thinking 'let's drive the guys nuts today'.

In fact, where do people get off staring at her like that? Haven't they been taught that's impolite? Blah.

ETA 2sisters speaking in general I do agree with you... too many girls too young are wearing too short/revealing clothes. I know what you're saying. Just I don't think it applies at all in this case. :)

Paladin, don't think i am being a total sick in the mud or that i do not respect your opinion. I just think clothes are too revealing. leave something to the imagination. I don't want my daughter to grow up thinking the only way she can be beautiful is in revealing clothes or that her body has to be perfect.

Lol, why would anyone even think to make a law like that? That's funny. i guess it's good for the topless sunbathers :)

It was so long ago now (97 - 98) that I forget the reasoning behind it, I think it had to do with a University of Guelph student that wanted equal rights as men, hence the law allowing all females to be topless in public

They have a video of her and mother and lawyer on the Today show being interviewed by Matt Lauer. She's wearing the same outfit that she wore on the plane. Matt had her stand up (have to say the skirt was a bit short) and when she sat back down she kinda *flashed* the camera (accident, of course). I'll try to find the video...

Also, I'm wondering if someone on the plane complained (maybe had small kids with them and was offended)...Possible...

Your talking in general now. This girl's outfit was hardly a *advertiser censored* star outfit and in fact I used to wear clothes like that up until about 4 years ago and I'm nearing 40 now. I never cared about other people's opinions, I dressed like that for me. It was comfortable, nice... but I never put anything on thinking 'let's drive the guys nuts today'.

In fact, where do people get off staring at her like that? Haven't they been taught that's impolite? Blah.
Yes, i did not say her outfit was bad or ok, i can't see her skirt in the phot so i don't know. Wear what you want like i said, i am not the one wearing it so who cares what i think. I own plaid shorts that my husband think are horrendous but i don't care what he thinks. I am just saying in general some girls gress trampy.

Yes, i did not say her outfit was bad or ok, i can't see her skirt in the phot so i don't know. Wear what you want like i said, i am not the one wearing it so who cares what i think. I own plaid shorts that my husband think are horrendous but i don't care what he thinks. I am just saying in general some girls gress trampy.

Aww shoot, you saw my post before I edited it. :)

I added that speaking in general I do agree with you... too many girls too young are wearing too short/revealing clothes. I know what you're saying. Just I don't think it applies at all in this case. :)

ETA 2sisters speaking in general I do agree with you... too many girls too young are wearing too short/revealing clothes. I know what you're saying. Just I don't think it applies at all in this case. :)
of course people will stare, isn't that the point of sexy clothes? if she didn't want the attention then she wouldn't wear it.

Aww shoot, you saw my post before I edited it. :)

I added that speaking in general I do agree with you... too many girls too young are wearing too short/revealing clothes. I know what you're saying. Just I don't think it applies at all in this case. :)
Lol, sorry!

Paladin, don't think i am being a total sick in the mud or that i do not respect your opinion. I just think clothes are too revealing. leave something to the imagination. I don't want my daughter to grow up thinking the only way she can be beautiful is in revealing clothes or that her body has to be perfect.

I don't think you're a stick in the mud, but the best way to prevent your daughter from thinking her body has to be perfect is telling her that yourself and giving an good explanation that she can understand and believe. Telling your daughter "no" without giving a good reason will want them to do it even more, and that's not even considering the amazing peer pressure that kids face these days.

I'm also very open to responsible sexuality. This society has made it so taboo and oppressive. Look at the fallout from the "nipple-gate" incident. If that happened in a European country no one would have thought anything of it, but here in America we show someone a small piece of flesh and suddenly the minds of millions of children are now damaged. Give me a break.

of course people will stare, isn't that the point of sexy clothes? if she didn't want the attention then she wouldn't wear it.

That's where we disagree. I never dressed like that for attention or wanting to be stared at! Why shouldn't a woman with the body for it be allowed to dress the way it makes herself feel good? Why doesn't she deserve the common courtesy we apply to the overweight wearing tight clothes and not stare? If it isn't okay in that case, it isn't okay in the case of someone good-looking. Just IMHO.

They have a video of her and mother and lawyer on the Today show being interviewed by Matt Lauer. She's wearing the same outfit that she wore on the plane. Matt had her stand up (have to say the skirt was a bit short) and when she sat back down she kinda *flashed* the camera (accident, of course). I'll try to find the video...

Also, I'm wondering if someone on the plane complained (maybe had small kids with them and was offended)...Possible...

IKWYM. I saw her on TV while I was at a restaurant (so the TV was mounted up high). When she stood up and sat back down, a few of the guys in the place were jokingly leaning down as if they would be able to see up her skirt. It really was pretty short.

IKWYM. I saw her on TV while I was at a restaurant (so the TV was mounted up high). When she stood up and sat back down, a few of the guys in the place were jokingly leaning down as if they would be able to see up her skirt. It really was pretty short.

Okay, so maybe you got a flash of her underwear. What's the big deal? We're all born naked. What is there to be ashamed about?

That's where we disagree. I never dressed like that for attention or wanting to be stared at! Why shouldn't a woman with the body for it be allowed to dress the way it makes herself feel good? Why doesn't she deserve the common courtesy we apply to the overweight wearing tight clothes and not stare? If it isn't okay in that case, it isn't okay in the case of someone good-looking. Just IMHO.
I guess it could go both ways.

Cute looking girl. And she looks frightened in that picture. I don't see anything wrong with that outfit. My guess is the guy was somewhere from the bible belt and was placing his moral beliefs and value system on her.
She flew into AZ for a doctors appt and was flying right back to CA...She was so traumatized by the whole thing she got right back on the plane wearing the same outfit....LOL

I think that is a different topic entirely.
Simply something you will have to teach at home.

The real issue is if the SWA had the right to do this to THIS girl in THAT outfit. (or anyone else not breaking an indecency law)
If some mother with children had some issue she should have been told to shut the hell up and mind her own business...
Or maybe told that rather then teaching her children how one should not dress she was teaching them to be judgemental. Or perhaps she has some chip on her shoulder to match her never ending stretchmarks and wide a$$???

The article did only make reference to employee's having some issues.

I will say this the majority of airline stewardesses or what ever the heck they wish to be called this week are arrogant B*****.
I have only ever met one that is nice to be around.
Since 9/11 the arrogance and sense of authority has only gotten worse ...
Apparently everyone has forgotten to remind the little darlings that regardless of what they call themselves they are still glorified waitresses in the air.

I just think clothes are too revealing. leave something to the imagination. I don't want my daughter to grow up thinking the only way she can be beautiful is in revealing clothes or that her body has to be perfect.

Once again, we're in total agreement! I think Hooters has set women way back!!! We need to be viewed for our minds, not as sex objects!:clap: :clap: :clap:
I refuse to ever set foot in a Hooters restaurant!

Paladin I agree with and applaud every post you have made on this thread.

The real issue is if the SWA had the right to do this to THIS girl in THAT outfit. (or anyone else not breaking an indecency law)
If some mother with children had some issue she should have been told to shut the hell up and mind her own business...
Or maybe told that rather then teaching her children how one should not dress she was teaching them to be judgemental. Or perhaps she has some chip on her shoulder to match her never ending stretchmarks and wide a$$???

I will say this the majority of airline stewardesses or what ever the heck they wish to be called this week are arrogant B*****.
Apparently everyone has forgotten to remind the little darlings that regardless of what they call themselves they are still glorified waitresses in the air.

Amen! And I assume by stewardesses, *advertiser censored* and waitresses, you mean attendants of either sex.

Where do they train these people? Hitler Youth Camp?

I think they were making an example out of her. Do you know how many women were dressed like they worked at hooters when I took vacations to Mexico and Jamaica this past year? A lot! Now, I'm not talking netting type stuff, but I am talking short shorts, sundresses that were kind of skimpy, and tank tops that showed wayyyy too much! Some looked like they were wearing beachwear cover ups before they were actually on the beach! LOL! And I've traveled on SW many times in the contienental US, and yes, there were women in revealing clothing on there who were allowed to travel.

I think that if it were any other woman, there wouldn't have been an issue. Funny enough, after reading the article... she was going into the same destination I go to when I fly SW. I fly into AZ all the time, and some women look much more revealing than she EVER did! I would be totally upset if I were her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare they!!?!??!?!?!

I think she looked nice. I didn't see anything more revealing that what I'd see out and about in public. I would not look at her and think "hooters girl". I think she is, for the most part, nicely dressed.... nothing way inappropriate. I mean, I wouldn't be grabbing my children and shielding their eyes!!! I mean, her shorts are maybe a little short, but nothing that is vulgar... heck, it is hard to GET them long these days. I remember in HS a lot of girls had problems because of the dress code (your shorts couldn't be shorter than your fingertips) and most girls just had to wear capris or jeans because of that... they didn't MAKE them that long - it wasn't the style. Now, right now they have a "longer short" style which is cute, but not back then... but that's besides the point. Believe me, I've seen people and thought "completely inappropriate" before!

LOL, you get my post of the day award. Congratulations!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back