Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That we really don't know, if something is holding him back, or not. I only noticed that according to the article, he is 35 and she, 40. Meaning, he got married at 22-23, and she, at 27-28. I suspect, looking at the photos, that they have almost opposite personalities, and it is highly possible that they developed in different ways during their marriage.
His lawyer said that they had not yet applied for the divorce.
The reality? We don't know.
I wonder if the brother says "nasty divorce", it may not mean necessarily, "fight over the money". It might mean that the brother considered David's behavior "nasty", or didn't approve of the situation that led to the divorce, or didn't think highly of her husband. We'll see. What makes me question his involvement, although it is still possible, is the fact that they didn't have children. It means that after the divorce, they'd be free of one another. This being said, after 12 - 13 years, the property would be probably split 50/50.
The Telecinco article says there simply was no agreement on how the estate was to be split. It also refers to the ex-husband as "the prime suspect."

Accusations of infidelity and mistreatment surfaced. Apparently Ana confided in one of her female friends (Google translation):

"He had a lover in Bogotá who went and was with her even while I was with him trying to fix things with the couples' therapist and while he was yelling at me that I was a b**** for putting him on trial in front of others, and he was making plans with her. I realized later that he left me like a dog on the street in Belgrade. I don't think I can forgive that anymore and the sex, I don't even tell you, terrible for me. I was already being abused at that point. It was very aggressive."

This article says that the ex-husband wanted a larger share of the couple's assets as he "had provided everything in terms of the intellectual."

Also, it says that the family directly asked him to come to Spain to help search for her. And that to hear the lawyer say that the marriage was normal was "to laugh in their faces."

Not doubting you but....several contradictor reports surrounding this case IMO

CNN has its dates wrong. Saying the Ministry reported Ana missing on 2nd Feb.

Will see if there is any other confirmation of the date the firemen entered the apartment.
Huh? She did disappear on Feb. 2nd

Firemen entered the apartment on the 8th I believe with Sanna to do a wellness check.

Firemen and police are different.

If the claims of abuse are true, then it's not surprising that the husband is staying away.
To be clear, being abused can also mean "taken advantage of" in Spanish. Or even like someone is humiliating you. Just to clarify that this doesn't necessarily literally mean he was physically abusing her.

Is it verified that he did the FL police report (Jan. 25?) of stolen items in person? Is there a possibility he could have had a phone call or virtual meeting in order to file the report? Thanks.

Huh? She did disappear on Feb. 2nd

Firemen entered the apartment on the 8th I believe with Sanna to do a wellness check.

Firemen and police are different.
I think there was another friend who lived in Madrid that reported her missing on Feb 5, after Ana failed to show up for their trip to Barcelona.

If the claims of abuse are true, then it's not surprising that the husband is staying away.

Is it verified that he did the FL police report (Jan. 25?) of stolen items in person? Is there a possibility he could have had a phone call or virtual meeting in order to file the report? Thanks.
Yes. "He met with police that day and said he wanted to press charges."

Thanks. Couldn't "he met" mean either in person or virtually? Have FL LE clarified this, or his lawyer, or who? I am just trying to consider all angles. Moo.
I've never heard anyone use "he met the police that day" to mean he Zoomed with them.
He would have to file a police report online. No one would consider that "meeting" with the police.

And even if he did that, he could only claim up to $3,000. [https://www.flpd.gov/community-resources/online-incident-reporting]

David's claim was closer to $6,000 [Fort Lauderdale woman disappears in Madrid after suspicious text, blacked-out surveillance cameras]

You can always contact the Fort Lauderdale police department to see if they use Zoom to file police reports.

According to TeleMadrid, her family is suggesting that the husband could help by hiring a lawyer or a detective in Spain, which he refused to do.
I'm confused by this. It appears the family (not sure who all this includes beyond the brother) are very suspicious of DK, and have probably been so from the beginning. And besides, they'd be prone to hate him just from hearing Ana's side of the marriage breakdown.

So why would they trust him if he did go to Madrid and put up posters and hired a detective etc? I very much doubt it would make any diffetence in their suspicions about him. They wouldn't feel secure that he was going to find her, by hook or by crook.

As far as I can tell, they're waging a public campaign to make other people suspect him, with the eager help of the tabloid media.

Whether their suspicions are right or wrong, I guess I wonder why they don't go to Spain themselves? Can they maybe not afford it?

IMO this kind of disinformation campaign would not be tolerated if Ana had gone missing in Florida.

JMO

I'm confused by this. It appears the family (not sure who all this includes beyond the brother) are very suspicious of DK, and have probably been so from the beginning. And besides, they'd be prone to hate him just from hearing Ana's side of the marriage breakdown.

So why would they trust him if he did go to Madrid and put up posters and hired a detective etc? I very much doubt it would make any diffetence in their suspicions about him. They wouldn't feel secure that he was going to find her, by hook or by crook.

As far as I can tell, they're waging a public campaign to make other people suspect him, with the eager help of the tabloid media.

Whether their suspicions are right or wrong, I guess I wonder why they don't go to Spain themselves? Can they maybe not afford it?

IMO this kind of disinformation campaign would not be tolerated if Ana had gone missing in Florida.

JMO
Well that's what you have David + his lawyer for - to spin a different narrative that's full of lies.

According to TeleMadrid, her family is suggesting that the husband could help by hiring a lawyer or a detective in Spain, which he refused to do.

What stops the family from hiring their own lawyer in Spain?

IMO it is recommended that they do so ASAP and they would not have the language problems that the husband apparently does have.

JMO
How is misinformation tolerated in Spain? (Not that the family are in Spain anyhow). I’m wondering how the process differs in Florida.

And how do you know they family have been suspicious of him from the beginning / since the breakdown of the marriage? Could it not be that his actions just prior / post her disappearance have coloured that?

And which media outlet would you describe as a tabloid in all of this? Such a word implies sensationalism or some kind of lurid angle. Would that be Cuomo or the Spanish outlets?

Of course, everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. But until the full picture is known, everyone involved is working with what is available. And what is available right now is clearly a picture where the ex could not be shocked in that he is being seen with suspicion. Now, either he is innocent and an unfortunate man. Or he is not.

How is misinformation tolerated in Spain? (Not that the family are in Spain anyhow). I’m wondering how the process differs in Florida.

And how do you know they family have been suspicious of him from the beginning / since the breakdown of the marriage? Could it not be that his actions just prior / post her disappearance have coloured that?

And which media outlet would you describe as a tabloid in all of this? Such a word implies sensationalism or some kind of lurid angle. Would that be Cuomo or the Spanish outlets?

Of course, everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. But until the full picture is known, everyone involved is working with what is available. And what is available right now is clearly a picture where the ex could not be shocked in that he is being seen with suspicion. Now, either he is innocent and an unfortunate man. Or he is not.
Much of the news in the USA is misinformation, sponsored + funded by various corporations seeking to make as much money as they can.

Much of the news in the USA is misinformation, sponsored + funded by various corporations seeking to make as much money as they can.
As someone with both Spanish and US nationality, I was just keen to hear how misinformation is tolerated in Spain in a way where it is not in Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back