Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But they were still friends according to the lawyer. They even spoke on the day she went missing.

I mean, I wouldn't be rude to ex if he called me. I could have a polite cup of coffee with him, or rationally discuss selling joint assets, not that there ever were any. But I wouldn't go out of my way, and don't find it surprising that someone else wouldn't either.

Note I'm just talking about not going to Spain, not any of his other behavior.

Also, I think it's a moot point. Everything about it sounds like a local stalker to me. Had she been dating in Spain?

Last edited:
They were still married, just separated. According to his lawyer "they grew apart" and according to her friend they tried to work it out unsuccessfully. Reportedly Ana got depressed due to the situation. Still not enough for the husband to stop caring.
Yes, I feel like there's more to the story.

Some sources say the divorce has been "nasty," while others make it seem amicable. If it was nasty, it might make sense why David wouldn't go to search / help. On the other hand, if it truly was amicable, it's shocking that he wouldn't go, especially because there's nothing really holding him back (children, work, money, etc.). Oftentimes strangers will go and help search for a missing person - this is her husband of 13+ years, and if it ended amicably, it's surprising he wouldn't go help / search. Ether way, you can't have it both ways IMO

Last edited:
1.) Ana's Brother tells Fort Lauderdale, Florida police that David Knezevic had traveled to Serbia on Jan. 17

2.) Jan. 25, David reported a theft to Fort Lauderdale police.

Someone had stolen close to $6,000 worth of motorcycle gear, bags, accessories, electronics and cash from his Mercedez-Benz.

He met with police that day and said he wanted to press charges."

3.) David's lawyer, a former Homicide Prosecutor, states David has been living in Serbia since the start of the divorce

4.) Feb. 6th - Henao calls and texts David , asking where his sister was, he said David Knezevic replied to him on What’sApp about 6 p.m. on Feb. 6, as if he was still out of the country, saying she was missing and nothing more.

5.) David tells Sanna he is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on February 7th.

6.) David tells Sanna he is in Serbia on February 9th.

Sources:

Wayback MachineFort Lauderdale woman disappears in Spain after suspicious text, blacked-out surveillance cameras

IMO, the one thing police can effortlessly do is trace his flights between Serbia and the US. Also, I get the impression from the web that the Serbian land border is very strictly monitored, unlike the EU countries around Spain. So I expect police will be able to nail down his location at the key times, and if not, that will jump out.

JMO

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

eee
That eeaeeeèèeeeeeeeeeèeeèeeeeeeeeee watches for a long time, to discover her routine and where she could most easily be snatched. But perhaps Ana's routine and her location made that seem impossible.

Also odd that, after the spray painting, she arrived back at the apartment, without any problems. Surely helmetman was lurking around and saw this. He would have to wait for a timely opportunity to sneak into the building much later, perhaps as the first early bird went out to work, when the streets were deserted?

JMO

First, I remember what @FacelessPodcast mentioned, about life in Madrid being nocturnal. (Barcelona, even more so, per my observation, people are on the streets till 2 am, the garbage truck collects the garbage at 3 am, and the city is asleep till 10-11 am. And they have siesta.) I don't quite remember the nocturnal life of Madrid, but if we subtract 1 hour from Barcelona's lifestyle, because Madrid looked more business-like to me, I assume at 1 am the city is just quieting down.

Now could it be possible that Ana was nocturnal (likely since she liked the lifestyle in Spain) and a restaurant eater? Very possible, judging by her photos. Ft. Lauderdale has good food, btw, so it could be a habit. Now, could the abduction be tied up to something as simple as nighttime food delivery? UberEats works in Spain. I think @FacelessPodcast should know how popular such things are in Madrid. Definitely bars would be open at this time. Food delivery is exactly the situation when you'd close the door and take only your cellphone and the key to the apartment, to go down and fetch the food.

(And I googled, many restaurants are closed on Sunday-Monday, so Saturday order could be expected.)

Also, such deliveries could easily be from the back entrance.

Honestly, I think it could have been like this. All the person needs to do is be 15 minutes later than the rest of the city. From my impression: in Spain, nightlife is vibrant, and then suddenly, everyone is asleep.

If the FBI is asking him if he murdered his wife, or is going to ask him, as reported in the media, then he needs experienced representation. This is an international matter, with LE from various countries and jurisdictions wanting to talk to hm about his wife's disappearance. Lawyering up with an experienced attorney who lives in your community is a pretty good choice, IMO.

EBM for clarification
If I could afford a lawyer like that, I'd try to help find my wife + friend who I've known for over 13 years.

There is hardly any difference between Spanish as spoken in Spain and Latin American Spanish, they are the same language (like English as spoken in England and how is spoken in Australia)
Dialetcs. More akin to a jumper vs a sweater or a winter hat vs a toque. All are english, but words are used differntly. "Gas" vs "petrol" ec.

Here, a jumper is someone who leaves a building without using the stairs or elevator ... or a girls dress.

Snippet:

"De origen serbio, David Knezevich tenía varios pasaportes con identidades distintas."

Of Serbian origin, David Knezevich had several passports with different identities.
what do they mean "the doctors told him/her to stay away" ?

los médicos le dicen que se aleje”.

Many defense attorneys in the U.S. are former prosecutors, so this isn't unusual. They leave public service and go into private practice, it's very common.
"Until now the husband does not collaborate in anything, neither with the family nor with the Police. His way of expressing himself, because he has hired a lawyer in the United States, is defensive, and he says “why are you coming to Spain?” Joaquín Amills also reports on Knezevich's disappearance."

IMO, the one thing police can effortlessly do is trace his flights between Serbia and the US. Also, I get the impression from the web that the Serbian land border is very strictly monitored, unlike the EU countries around Spain. So I expect police will be able to nail down his location at the key times, and if not, that will jump out.

JMO
can they trace the 27 hour drive from Serbia to Spain? And what about all of his various passports and identities?

I"t has been 18 days since the American Ana María Knezevich Henao disappeared in Madrid.

She was in Spain to get away from a complicated divorce:

there was no financial agreement for a large estate that she shared with her husband and with which Knezevich said she could live the rest of her life.

Both the Spanish and American police are investigating the disappearance,

but her husband, the main suspect, is not cooperating with the authorities or the family.

Snippet:

"De origen serbio, David Knezevich tenía varios pasaportes con identidades distintas."

Of Serbian origin, David Knezevich had several passports with different identities.

"Different identities" could refer to a Serbian passport using his Serbian name and his U.S. passort using the name "David," his American name. When you become a U.S. citizen, at that time you are asked if you want to change your name. He may have officially chosen "David" (hence a passport in that name).

Yes, I feel like there's more to the story.

Some sources say the divorce has been "nasty," while others make it seem amicable. If it was nasty, it might make sense why David wouldn't go to search / help. On the other hand, if it truly was amicable, it's shocking that he wouldn't go, especially because there's nothing really holding him back (children, work, money, etc.). Oftentimes strangers will go and help search for a missing person - this is her husband of 13+ years, and if it ended amicably, it's surprising he wouldn't go help / search. Ether way, you can't have it both ways IMO

That we really don't know, if something is holding him back, or not. I only noticed that according to the article, he is 35 and she, 40. Meaning, he got married at 22-23, and she, at 27-28. I suspect, looking at the photos, that they have almost opposite personalities, and it is highly possible that they developed in different ways during their marriage.
His lawyer said that they had not yet applied for the divorce.
The reality? We don't know.
I wonder if the brother says "nasty divorce", it may not mean necessarily, "fight over the money". It might mean that the brother considered David's behavior "nasty", or didn't approve of the situation that led to the divorce, or didn't think highly of her husband. We'll see. What makes me question his involvement, although it is still possible, is the fact that they didn't have children. It means that after the divorce, they'd be free of one another. This being said, after 12 - 13 years, the property would be probably split 50/50.

can they trace the 27 hour drive from Serbia to Spain? And what about all of his various passports and identities?
The person would have to cross borders between Serbia and Croatia, then between Croatia and either Montenegro or Italy. Those border crossings leave records, same as if someone drives from the US down to Costa Rica. Border controls are very strict because of the numerous people attempting to cross illegally, plus past wars in the region.

JMO

Many of us who hold more than one passport choose to use the passport that is most appropriate for the context/situation. Safety while abroad is an issue, the political situation, and of course legalities often dictate which passport should be used.

The U.S. doesn't require that a naturalized citizen give up citizenship in another country, although they don't recognize that citizenship.

But who did the doctors tell to stay away? Did the doctors tell her to stay away from David?
Wasn't there an earlier article, that it was about a change of scene? Maybe you should go back and look.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back