Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where are you getting this from?
"Él tenía una amante en Bogotá que fue y estuvo con ella inclusive mientras yo estaba con él tratando de arreglar las cosas con la terapista de pareja y mientras me gritaba que yo era una **advertiser censored** por ponerlo en juicio frente a otros, y estaba haciendo planes con ella. Yo me di cuenta luego de que me dejó como un perro en la calle en Belgrado. Yo no creo que ya pueda perdonar eso y el sexo ni te digo, terrible para mí. Yo estaba siendo abusada ya a ese punto. Era muy agresivo".

I initially read it as the point he was having sex with another woman that was terrible for her. But it does sound like she’s saying he was sexually aggressive with her which she found terrible.

Also sounds like he abandoned her at some point in Belgrade which she found beyond forgiveness. None of this really tallies very well with “amicable”?

Also, if he was seeing a woman in Bogota, that raises the question; does she speak English? Because if not, he clearly does have some Spanish. Which would be unsurprising given he’s spent 13-14 years around the language in one way or another

If the FBI is asking him if he murdered his wife, or is going to ask him, as reported in the media, then he needs experienced representation. This is an international matter, with LE from various countries and jurisdictions wanting to talk to hm about his wife's disappearance. Lawyering up with an experienced attorney who lives in your community is a pretty good choice, IMO.

EBM for clarification

The attorney is also known for working high profile cases. Since this case involves at least 3 different countries you can call it a (potential) high profile case with that many different LE and media involved. Unless i have the definition all wrong. And let's be honest, in most cases where a woman goes missing the (ex)husband is the most likely suspect, i'm sure he knows this. So hiring an attorney isn't alarming to me but it can be.

BBM

A Florida woman who went missing in Spain two weeks ago had started using dating app Bumble in the months before she vanished

Also, Ana did most likely not stumble upon someone in the park last minute, IMO she bumbled upon him. On Bumble. (Where the term chévere may have been used.) Hence the need of the perp to deflect the attention from the app to a walk in the park after therapy, and this was done in the messages on Whatsapp.

Mr Bumble could well be the man with the casket who covered the security cameras with black paint. Would this have been the first time that he visited the premises and the street?

[bbm]
just trying to catch up
casket??

As someone with both Spanish and US nationality, I was just keen to hear how misinformation is tolerated in Spain in a way where it is not in Florida.
When cases are being investigated in the US, the family of victims are told by police to say nothing to the media about the details of the case or reveal anyone they might suspect. Lawyers for the media know they are under an obligation to not hinder or interfere with due process by carelessly publishing stories that are intended to cast suspicion on potentially innocent people - until police announce an arrest.

I observed this media discretion about, for eg., Alex Murdaugh. There was oceans of coverage about his financial shenanigans but not a peep about whether he might have murdered his family.

IMO the media outlet specifically driving this is NewsNation, it's not being covered the same way by more traditional media.

A few more details from the Spanish press. Apologies for any repetition:

*Joaquín Amills, president of CNDES (National Centre for the Disappeared - connected to the Ministry of the Interior), is acting as the family's spokesperson. He has gone on record as saying he is extremely concerned and that, in his experience, this type of situation rarely has a good outcome.

*He also made the point that, despite being widely shared, he's surprised that so far, not a single piece of information has been lodged with the Centre. Basically, no calls, no clues.

*Ana's doctor prescribed her anti-depressants following the divorce. The divorce is described as "complex."

*The press here says the gap between the English text and the Spanish text was of 3 hours, not 2. And to be clear, both texts were to her friends, not the brother. I'm assuming Sanna forwarded on her text to him.

*The day after her disappearance, the fire department were called and they accessed her flat via a window. They found nothing out of place, nothing supposedly missing. (Except for her phone). On the 4th, one of her friends (Sanna, I assume) officially denounced her disappearance with the National Police. (Denouncing someone or something is basically giving a statement to the police in Spain, after which the complaint is then transferred to the appropriate department -- this can be anything from a noisy neighbour to a missing friend).

*Amills said that from the very beginning, it has been "difficult to imagine" that her disappearance was voluntary. So, we can be almost certain that the police didn't waste any time in seeing suspicious elements in this case.

*My own observation: there is heavy use of CCTV across Madrid, but particularly Salamanca. This is double-edged. On the one hand, it's a tremendous amount of footage to sift through. On the other, the likelihood of someone leaving the area with Ana and being seen by no eye or lens is extremely hard to imagine. Even if an intruder had a car waiting nearby, the police would be able to trace such a movement from the car, to her building, and back out again.

*According to CNDES, Ana is 1'45 metres tall and weighs 45kg. So, very petite.

I have to convert metric for some things
1.45 meters is equal to 4 foots and 9.09 inches???
can that be right? she's onnly 4 ft.9"???

I'm confused by this. It appears the family (not sure who all this includes beyond the brother) are very suspicious of DK, and have probably been so from the beginning. And besides, they'd be prone to hate him just from hearing Ana's side of the marriage breakdown.

So why would they trust him if he did go to Madrid and put up posters and hired a detective etc? I very much doubt it would make any diffetence in their suspicions about him. They wouldn't feel secure that he was going to find her, by hook or by crook.

As far as I can tell, they're waging a public campaign to make other people suspect him, with the eager help of the tabloid media.

Whether their suspicions are right or wrong, I guess I wonder why they don't go to Spain themselves? Can they maybe not afford it?

IMO this kind of disinformation campaign would not be tolerated if Ana had gone missing in Florida.

JMO
What disinformation campaign? I’m new to this case.

What stops the family from hiring their own lawyer in Spain?

IMO it is recommended that they do so ASAP and they would not have the language problems that the husband apparently does have.
I think than Ana's friend Sanna said they hired a PI in Spain, the family or she and the family.

Longtime lurker here. I follow MANY cases religiously here (checking them all day every day!), never posted though. But there's something in this case weighing on my mind that I feel the need to share and see if anyone has any input or thoughts about. (I think everyone eventually gets drawn in by some case or another and feels compelled to make their first post, and this is it for me!)

I don't have this theory 100% fleshed out, but I feel like it's worth pursuing and hoped others would too. Especially after reading that part about the husband (David) mistreating Ana in the recent past, according to her, particularly knowing about his penchant for rough sex, which it sounds like she didn't like, and I would think he would know this. That post made me think of him in a whole different (worse) way, as well as the whole case, in fact.

OK, maybe the person who blacked out the cameras wore the helmet for the obvious reason of hiding his identity from anyone looking at the footage later (although sounds like there actually wouldn't have been any since these probably didn't record, but the person in the helmet wouldn't have known this, especially if he isn't a local or otherwise familiar with the place.) And he's also wearing the helmet so that nobody who saw him could give a good description to the authorities.

But this was an intercom type viewer used when a visitor arrives and rings up to let the resident know they're there. The resident can see who it is thru this viewer and decide if they want to buzz them in or not. So what good would it do anyone to black out this viewer? It isn't like a security system camera that would capture someone walking by. Its purpose is to let the resident see who's there. So blacking it out ruins its only purpose.

But it also has audio (right?) So the way that it can still serve its purpose despite it being blacked out is if the visitor is someone the resident already knows and whose voice the resident would recognize. The visitor (having already blacked out the viewer) can ring the resident to announce their arrival. The resident would say, "Who is it? There's something wrong with the camera and I can't see you." The visitor would say, "It's me (someone known to the resident). It's okay, let me in." And having recognized the voice, the resident allows them to come in. (or something along these lines)

This would explain how the visitor (who is, in my scenario, likely the bad guy) was able to get in to the building and into her apartment, and why there would be no forced entry, and why she would allow it. This is the only reason I can think of that explains why the intercom camera was blacked out. Unless it was just someone purposelessly vandalizing, but that seems unlikely.

Now does it explain what happens after that though? It sounds like the police saw no evidence of any violence having occurred in the apartment. So she must have willingly left with the visitor from her apartment and I presume later met with foul play of some sort subsequently.

Wouldn't there be CCTV showing her leaving her apartment or her building later that night? Or in the morning or the next day? If so, if any of this is correct, it would show her with another person, I would think.

I know there were more details that backed up my thoughts that I came across as I read all the posts in this thread, but that's all I remember at the moment. There's a lot concerning Ana and David's pending divorce that ties in and looks bad for David, but since he isn't yet a suspect, I didn't think that should be discussed. Yet.

Longtime lurker here. I follow MANY cases religiously here (checking them all day every day!), never posted though. But there's something in this case weighing on my mind that I feel the need to share and see if anyone has any input or thoughts about. (I think everyone eventually gets drawn in by some case or another and feels compelled to make their first post, and this is it for me!)

I don't have this theory 100% fleshed out, but I feel like it's worth pursuing and hoped others would too. Especially after reading that part about the husband (David) mistreating Ana in the recent past, according to her, particularly knowing about his penchant for rough sex, which it sounds like she didn't like, and I would think he would know this. That post made me think of him in a whole different (worse) way, as well as the whole case, in fact.

OK, maybe the person who blacked out the cameras wore the helmet for the obvious reason of hiding his identity from anyone looking at the footage later (although sounds like there actually wouldn't have been any since these probably didn't record, but the person in the helmet wouldn't have known this, especially if he isn't a local or otherwise familiar with the place.) And he's also wearing the helmet so that nobody who saw him could give a good description to the authorities.

But this was an intercom type viewer used when a visitor arrives and rings up to let the resident know they're there. The resident can see who it is thru this viewer and decide if they want to buzz them in or not. So what good would it do anyone to black out this viewer? It isn't like a security system camera that would capture someone walking by. Its purpose is to let the resident see who's there. So blacking it out ruins its only purpose.

But it also has audio (right?) So the way that it can still serve its purpose despite it being blacked out is if the visitor is someone the resident already knows and whose voice the resident would recognize. The visitor (having already blacked out the viewer) can ring the resident to announce their arrival. The resident would say, "Who is it? There's something wrong with the camera and I can't see you." The visitor would say, "It's me (someone known to the resident). It's okay, let me in." And having recognized the voice, the resident allows them to come in. (or something along these lines)

This would explain how the visitor (who is, in my scenario, likely the bad guy) was able to get in to the building and into her apartment, and why there would be no forced entry, and why she would allow it. This is the only reason I can think of that explains why the intercom camera was blacked out. Unless it was just someone purposelessly vandalizing, but that seems unlikely.

Now does it explain what happens after that though? It sounds like the police saw no evidence of any violence having occurred in the apartment. So she must have willingly left with the visitor from her apartment and I presume later met with foul play of some sort subsequently.

Wouldn't there be CCTV showing her leaving her apartment or her building later that night? Or in the morning or the next day? If so, if any of this is correct, it would show her with another person, I would think.

I know there were more details that backed up my thoughts that I came across as I read all the posts in this thread, but that's all I remember at the moment. There's a lot concerning Ana and David's pending divorce that ties in and looks bad for David, but since he isn't yet a suspect, I didn't think that should be discussed. Yet.
Sorry to be graphic but she could’ve been strangled or drugged and taken out in a suitcase…. Also i believe the cameras did record. This article states there is security footage of the suspect who painted the cameras Woman going through divorce vanishes as man in helmet seen blacking out cameras

Last edited:
I'm confused by this. It appears the family (not sure who all this includes beyond the brother) are very suspicious of DK, and have probably been so from the beginning. And besides, they'd be prone to hate him just from hearing Ana's side of the marriage breakdown.

So why would they trust him if he did go to Madrid and put up posters and hired a detective etc? I very much doubt it would make any diffetence in their suspicions about him. They wouldn't feel secure that he was going to find her, by hook or by crook.

As far as I can tell, they're waging a public campaign to make other people suspect him, with the eager help of the tabloid media.

Whether their suspicions are right or wrong, I guess I wonder why they don't go to Spain themselves? Can they maybe not afford it?

IMO this kind of disinformation campaign would not be tolerated if Ana had gone missing in Florida.

JMO

[bbm]

you're kidding right?

Accusations of infidelity and mistreatment surfaced. Apparently Ana confided in one of her female friends (Google translation):

"He had a lover in Bogotá who went and was with her even while I was with him trying to fix things with the couples' therapist and while he was yelling at me that I was a b**** for putting him on trial in front of others, and he was making plans with her. I realized later that he left me like a dog on the street in Belgrade. I don't think I can forgive that anymore and the sex, I don't even tell you, terrible for me. I was already being abused at that point. It was very aggressive."

Now, about a woman on the side, this is 100% believable. In fact, this was my first thought when I heard that David was not going to Spain. That there was another woman involved, and it was a rather serious relationship, and David's actions were likely meant to show to that woman that Ana was in his past.

As to the rest, welcome to the soap opera. If Ana's friend is talking to tabloids about the Knezeviches' sex life, this is what it is turning into (to remind to everyone, they were married for 12+ years.)

I strongly suspect that the smartie lawyer has advised the members of David's family in Serbia to keep their mouths shut, otherwise we'd hear their "installments" into the family saga. And the woman in Bogota is probably serious about the relationship, otherwise she'd sell her story to the same tabloids.

Too bad i don't like popcorn. I am not enthralled with David; if anything, I have certain suspicion about the very beginning of his marriage. And it can be predicted that, having lost interest in Ana, he likely behaved like a total brute. But I am not quite sure that he "disappeared" his wife. In fact, there seem to be more people involved in the story. Perhaps someone yet totally unknown to us will pop up.

So honestly, I think that David's decision - to go to Serbia and hire a smooth-talking lawyer to represent him - is the smartest one. He is a planner.

This article says that the ex-husband wanted a larger share of the couple's assets as he "had provided everything in terms of the intellectual."

Also, it says that the family directly asked him to come to Spain to help search for her. And that to hear the lawyer say that the marriage was normal was "to laugh in their faces."

I wonder if his reports to the police about the burglary and about being attacked were prompted by fear, in anticipation of the divorce, or "something else." I also ask myself if he is sincerely afraid to go to Spain for fear of being abducted, too. He appears a multi-layered person.

Another thought, since we seem to have more people involved (what about the other woman, for example? Or some Bumble guys?). David did not fall for a Serbian beauty, and his parents probably wanted him to; he might have a certain type, and I would not be surprised to find out that "the other woman" resembles Ana, both in exotic good looks and vibrant personality. But since there was definitely passion in the beginning, perhaps the same would apply to Ana? It would be interesting to find out if Ana was seen in Salamanca with a man physically resembling David.

Putting down a disappeared wife as intellectually inferior doesn't surprise me; in some ways, David must be quite blunt.

Last edited:
When cases are being investigated in the US, the family of victims are told by police to say nothing to the media about the details of the case or reveal anyone they might suspect. Lawyers for the media know they are under an obligation to not hinder or interfere with due process by carelessly publishing stories that are intended to cast suspicion on potentially innocent people - until police announce an arrest.

I observed this media discretion about, for eg., Alex Murdaugh. There was oceans of coverage about his financial shenanigans but not a peep about whether he might have murdered his family.

IMO the media outlet specifically driving this is NewsNation, it's not being covered the same way by more traditional media.
NewsNation is American.

1e
can you share the article?
I didn't see it in the article. I think it was at the end of the larger interview with Sanna Rameau. When she spoke about going to Madrid. BUT tbh, it was late at night and I couldn't find it later. Maybe my mistake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back