Found Deceased Spain - Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
good lord, I'm speechless (which doesn't happen often). i understand Jay's repatriation needs to be covered, but my goodness please just have the loving family funeral you can afford. This really doesn't show the family in a good light.
"the sendoff he deserves" I just can't get over. I saw that yesterday and it has stuck with me ever since. I mean I'm sorry about Jay but he's not a hero just because of unfortunate decisions he made along with unintended circumstances leading to his sad demise. RIP Jay :(

Last edited:
I've mostly refrained from commenting because I don't enjoy the way this has basically become a soap opera for some people but having the mother asking for further funds to give Jay 'the send off he deserves' is an absolute insult to anyone who has lost (or like me, is expecting to lose) their much loved child quietly and without the benfit of headlines and crowdfunding.
Are our beloved children somehow less deserving?
I'm so sorry you have to suffer the pain you are going through with your beloved child ,I personally don't have much regard for costly funerals either so I do agree with you on that level but I feel compassion for anyone that feels the need to do that ,prehaps Debbie and some families feel guilt that some how they let their child down in life and don't want to let them down in death I don't envy anyone having to make these decisions and they as a family have been judged enough in the past few weeks .I think msm should stop reporting it now and allow the family privacy tbh

RIP Jay

Location / area where Jay has been found:
28,311673, -16,866717
https://www.bing.com/maps/?cp=28.310993~-16.859379&lvl=15.0&style=h#
It's The Mirror, but still, it has a map ....
He was going the wrong way?

What really saddens me about this case is of course Jay's untimely death but a number of other things both jay and ayub have had their private lives past and present exposed in msm for clicks , stuff that should have remained private especially regarding ayub I for one was guilty of massive speculation regarding ayub's involvement conclusions based on msm articles this should not have happened ,secondly the judgement and absolute vitriol aimed at Jay's family ,A phrase that is often used in my country is' don't judge until you have walked a day in the other person's shoes " hopefully I will never have to even try them on

He was going the wrong way?
He certainly wasn't heading down any supposed directional route to Los Cristianos but it's been mooted that he could see the sea and was headed down to the closest beach, in the hope that he could follow the coast round to LC. He was actually on 'a' correct route to that beach, directionally - a very small, secluded beach which wouldn't have helped him much anyway - but certainly 'the wrong way' from the safety point of view.

And I'd like to ask what exactly did Jay do to deserve a special crowd-funded funeral? I feel for the people of Oswaldtwistle who have to tolerate this going on around them.
I've just looked and the is now at 66.3K, so it seems people still want to help which is their own freewill I suppose and perhaps they have no real understanding that there is more than enough money to repatriate and have a decent funeral. I understand his Mum wants a special send off it's her son afterall but at this rate I can't image what on earth they are planning that needs so much money.

uiser said:
I've mostly refrained from commenting because I don't enjoy the way this has basically become a soap opera for some people but having the mother asking for further funds to give Jay 'the send off he deserves' is an absolute insult to anyone who has lost (or like me, is expecting to lose) their much loved child quietly and without the benfit of headlines and crowdfunding.
Are our beloved children somehow less deserving
So sorry to read be having to face . I lost my only child,my adult son ( I do wish DD would stop calling him her baby) many years ago now .
I know many people nowadays feel they have to celebrate a life ,rather than mourn a death but it was not my way .
This ,with Jay Slater's mother and friends seems like it's going to be a feste . Perhaps thinking that way it will cut down their feelings of loss?
My thoughts for you are in a saying I pinned on a board over my kettle so that I would be reminded of how to keep myself going . It read " God never gives us more than we can bear"

May your God go with you Suzy , as the late Irishman
Dave Allen used to say at the end of his tv shows.
Xx

I'm sure we all agree that everyone grieves in their own way and the Slater family are entitled to express their sorrow as they see fit. I personally don't hold with asking the public to donate towards paying for their own send-off of their beloved son, but if people are happy to do so, then so be it. Personally I feel it would seem more meaningful if some at least of the money was dedicated to a fund for any more youngsters and/or Brits who go missing, to help other frantic and fearful parents.

I'm sure we all agree that everyone grieves in their own way and the Slater family are entitled to express their sorrow as they see fit. I personally don't hold with asking the public to donate towards paying for their own send-off of their beloved son, but if people are happy to do so, then so be it. Personally I feel it would seem more meaningful if some at least of the money was dedicated to a fund for any more youngsters and/or Brits who go missing, to help other frantic and fearful parents.

I agree, it's a democracy and people are not being forced to donate.

As DD has said "We would like to thank LBT Global for their support during this impossible time." so I would hope that, them being a charity, some of the money might go back to them?

so many people don't bother with travel insurance and then rely on a Go Fund Me if stuck. I always check insurance for repatriation Dead or Alive.
An absolute essential imo . Well done you.
Anything can happen while on holiday .How people have the cheek to as you say actually "rely " on is beyond my understanding .
Why should other people be asked to pay ? Don't those who rely on other people know what being responsible means ?

I agree, it's a democracy and people are not being forced to donate.

As DD has said "We would like to thank LBT Global for their support during this impossible time." so I would hope that, them being a charity, some of the money might go back to them?

I totally agree. As far as honouring one's child goes, if, heaven forbid, I were ever to lose one of my beloved adult children, I can only think (and perhaps things change when it happens but I can't see it) that *I* would want to be the one doing the honouring. I know I would want to provide the opportunity for their friends to do likewise but privately, with no brouhaha and if it sent me into debt, well so be it. And if I couldn't afford to go into debt, my children and their friends would understand. That's honour. The idea of someone else paying for my child's funeral just isn't palatable to me. And asking for money on a public site... to me, there's no honour there. I could never see that money as having been given to *me*. I see it as having been given for a cause - and that cause has been and is being, in the repatriation, fulfilled. The rest belongs to similar causes, to ease others' suffering. But I suppose, each to their own.

Last edited:

"The 'deathtrap' ravine

which Jay Slater

clambered over before meeting his tragic demise."​

1721405248773.png

"Three key developments since body of missing teen found in Tenerife."

Last edited:
I am devastated for Jay's family, in particular his mother. I can't fathom what she is going through. I suspect she will crash hard when the funeral is over and she's had time to process what all has happened. When it hits her that Jay is gone, I think she will struggle tremendously.

To provide balance.... (edited to try to get the link to go live... You may need to copy/paste)
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1925483/jay-slater-mum--update-debbie-duncan

Last edited:
“Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain,to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish.

Compassion challenges us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep with those in tears.

Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless.

Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human

~ Henri Nouwen

I would also add

Gentlemen (and Ladies)
don't talk about money.

It is not elegant to peek into somebody else's wallet ;)

JMO

PS
Especially those who didn't pay a cent/penny, etc into the Fund :D

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members