Found Deceased Spain - Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw today DTR on his Facebook saying he was back in Britain for a couple of weeks for among other things, to attend Jay's funeral, so it might be soon.

Would the family publicize when the funeral is? They might want to avoid a media and public feeding frenzy. Though Debbie did say she wanted a big send off, so who knows?

If there's to be a UK autopsy this will hold up the funeral another while. I think the family really need to bury him as soon as, as only then will they find some sort of closure and begin to grieve properly.

Wasn't it reported that Jay's clothing and "belongings" were near his body? What do you guys make of that considering the story is that he fell to his death?

Wasn't it reported that Jay's clothing and "belongings" were near his body? What do you guys make of that considering the story is that he fell to his death?
I can't remember the exact wording now but possibly said beside his body? Which I think was debunked at the time as down to translation and actually meant 'with' his body or some such. JMO.

Hey Everyone,
Closing the thread down for the night. It will reopen in the morning.
Tricia

The investigation in Tenerife might take weeks more tho ?
In which case whatever JS 's remains they will stay there surely so nothing can go forward in the UK ? JMO
I'm scanning Lancashire News Live ,the family probably returning to Manchester airport , which is where journalists will be keeping watch on for a sighting no doubt but I haven't seen the family mentioned .
I had thought the media has gone very silent on this aspect I understand the family asked for privacy but no articles stating they are still in Tenerife seems strange I'm also well aware the public are not entitled to a running commentary but nothing on SM either .Would newspaper's generally report on families returning with remains or just report on funeral arrangements and person reposing ? In my country it is mostly the latter that I would read about .

I assumed the autopsy in Tenerife was completed and Jay's body could be released to his family. Do coroners /moratorium hold on to a body until all investigative work is complete ?

I saw today DTR on his Facebook saying he was back in Britain for a couple of weeks for among other things, to attend Jay's funeral, so it might be soon.

Would the family publicize when the funeral is? They might want to avoid a media and public feeding frenzy. Though Debbie did say she wanted a big send off, so who knows?

If there's to be a UK autopsy this will hold up the funeral another while. I think the family really need to bury him as soon as, as only then will they find some sort of closure and begin to grieve properly.
Thanks for the update regarding DTR I will check this out . It will be interesting to see will the uk do another autopsy and hold an inquest. I surmise this will be partially up to the family if they want a second opinion or not .

I've asked in a previous post if an autopsy can determine if someone fell accidently or fell from a push .I know if a body is retrieved fairly quick they can tell if a person was dead before been thrown off a height but not sure in major deterioration cases .I want to highlight I feel it was an accidental fall as to drag a person to that particular remote and difficult terrain would be hard but curious if the differences can be found in a corpse lying out in the open for so long .wouldn't the normal injuries one would acquire in a struggle be gone with the deteriorated state Jay's remains were found ?

I can't remember the exact wording now but possibly said beside his body? Which I think was debunked at the time as down to translation and actually meant 'with' his body or some such. JMO.
Various reports (mainly DM) reported different wording ;alongside, nearby ,beside etc which was creating more speculation and conspiracy. For a case so marked by these I was appalled to see such carelessness tbh it implied Jay's body was found unclothed and I feel it was made to generate clicks not because it was lost in translation . I for one was fooled momentarily until I looked at the Manchester Evening Standard for verification as this seemed to be a good source of facts for me .

I would love to know if phone was found and if his room key was in his possessions on him as it would verify ayubs claim that jay had lost it and this is why he ended up in the AirBnB.
I feel its not unusual in itself that a 19yr old wouldn't want the night to end and get as much out of the holiday as possible so would jump at the chance to carry on partying or maintaining the buzz and that may have been the intention of ayub and rocky but tiredness took over .

I have often mulled over why jay went so far from the strip with these guy's surely not all the crowd from Los Cristianos went to bed I know his friends supposedly did ,I can only think that because ayub was associated with payper potter (or is it potter payper I'm old lol ) jay thought he was hanging out with "famous " people so way cooler than the average teens possibly hanging around in Los Cristianos.

I feel for his family ,what was suppose to be a first holiday abroad as a young adult . Mum seeing him off at the airport and thinking her 'baby" is growing up and that's it he be going on holiday with his mates from now on . Turned into awful tragedy .you do wonder why none of his friends stayed on with him and why they left him alone ? do lads normally do that to one another on holiday ? They couldn't have foreseen the events that occurred after or im sure they would have never left his side .I just find it strange that a group of lads on holiday would go to bed at 2.30 /3am and wasn't jay snap chatting to them during the journey and in the AirBnB so obviously not sleeping. Maybe they had a hook up and jay didn't want to be the third wheel .I certainly will never know the answer to that, just musings of mine

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back