Specifically: Why were these questions not asked of Casey?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to wonder how and why the detectives conducting the interview were able to remain calm (for the most part) during their visit to Universal. Then it dawns on me, Casey takes them all the way in, walks them around, and when she's out of room turns around to say (paraphrasing) "I'm lying to you, I don't work here". The amount of diabolical in this woman must have been immeasurable.

I believe it was at this point they knew just how far she would take it. I know they nailed her to wall and explained they knew all of her lies. But, I also believe they knew they weren't getting squat out of her. No matter how they tried to present their questions (i.e. good cop vs bad cop etc) no way was Casey going to budge.

The way I see it, Casey figured everyone else has believed her crapola from time to time. LE should as well. What she didn't count on was her looks not being a blinder from what was really going on.

I think the only thing they could have asked and didnt is "now that we know you weren't working, where did you go after "dropping caylee off?"" but I suspect they were stunned. I never heard of anyone lying like that in my whole life and I expect they were every bit as shocked as I was, I never saw a liar take a lie so far, literally down a hallway...!!

I wonder if they had LP's original mentality, ie "she does not ACT like a mother whose child is not safe, ergo she must know where the child is" which I think was reasonable to think back then. They tossed her in the clink to make her understand that this is serious, this is not about one upping your mother or whatever your game is.

Problem is, once they had gone through or near the car, they had to realise this was no game and KC really was that diobolical (and that is the only word that fits) but I dont know if they knew for sure about the smell aside from CA's 911 at the time of the "interrogation". I expect not because the smell in the car never came up in that convo and I have no doubt it would have.

Hindsight is 20/20. I too wish they'd let her ramble ...but I think the were stunned at her reactions. didnt take much to prove she was a liar anyway. I think the only honest things she's ever said are her own name and the August family visit that she said she wished this had never happened. I dont doubt that one bit.

I was astounded at the length KC would take her lies. Remember when she went into some of the history of ZFG, even naming members of her family, where they lived and where they moved from? I kind of wish they had asked her to repeat all of that. How can anyone remember that many lies?

I think you mean 6/16 a Monday. 6/15 would have been a Sunday, father's day. She wouldn't be working ,would she? I agree they should have asked "Where were you 12-5 .6/16.?''

You are correct. I went back and edited the date, thank you!

Come to think of it, the third thing I'd like to know is where was she on 6/15 too. Was she with AL from 12-5?

I think LE gave it their best shot and then decided a few days in jail to cool off her heels might change her mind. Remember KC then played the game of, if you bond me out of here then I can cooperate and help locate Caylee. LP bought into that lock stock and bailed her out only to be disappointed in KC.

KC is one cool, cold and, calculating [censored] she just sticks with her original lies regardless and simply drives forward. LE taking KC to Universal and have her take them to her office was classic, priceless -- I think LE thought that would shake her -- nope! KC sticks to her guns even when caught red handed.

I am sure in jail today her focus is on one day getting out and being vindicated by JB. It is keeping her strong, she may have moments of weakness but KC is the most stubborn person I have ever seen and .... I am stubborn.

KC could deny the nose on her face is hers and be so convincing, some would wonder.

Yes, KC's MO seems to be to just wear down the opposition. She doesn't care if you catch her in a lie, she will just keep lying. She will hold out until the other person just gives in out of exhaustion, both knowing she is lying . It seems thats whats happened with C and G, they always knew she was lying but she had the stamina, they grew tired. Maybe she actually thought YM and JA would grow tired also and go "oh ok, you win, go ahead go home, I don't care if you murdered your daughter"???? jmo

I just wanted to add this along with other comments about KC's ability to lie with conviction.

Unless you have lived with a person who lies like KC, it is difficult to explain. Let me try.

My child is an accomplished liar. Nearly every sentence has to be interpreted to some degree. Like KC, my child loves to talk the lie up. In order to get to the truth, we sometimes had to talk to get the child to talk. Some liars love to talk. But only if another party initiates the conversation. I can see LE doing just this. Unfortunately for LE and SA, the entire family lies. :doh: LE didn't have anyone to truthfully verify the facts KC was telling them from the beginning. LE's BS meter was off the charts and they couldn't distinguish between fact and fiction without having to waste precious time gathering actual facts.

It is during this time that the accomplished liar builds more lies. Their lies are their reality. They rationalize that if they tell it, it must be true and thus their capability to convey "their reality of their truth" becomes fiction to the outside world. Sometimes it only takes a minute or hours to determine the lie. Other times, like with LE, it took months and is still on going, to get to the truth.

So, no matter what LE did or said to KC, they only got KC and family's reality of the truth. LE's only path at that time was to do what they did. Know it is a lie but let the liar(s) keep talking and continue gathering actual facts to discredit the lies.

Sheeze, sorry for being so long winded. Many thanks for all the hard work you fellow WS's have produced from the docs. I am really impressed.

I could kiss Yuri for getting her down to Universal in the first place and forcing her to admit she lied - I just wish they pressed on, wore her down, or at least collected more lies.

Like the phone she claimed to lose at Universal - now that they knew for a fact she didn't work there, where was the phone lost, KC? You didn't have another phone did you? Where did you buy it? When did you buy it? etc.etc.etc

It's okay... LE knew from the very beginning... very beginning that KC was a &%$# liar. Remember that the very first interview Mr. Melich had with her, he told her that her story was suspect and asked if she wanted to retract it. He then went on record with her and recorded it. If you go back and listen to her very first interview with him (recorded at her house at 4:11 am), she tells him about her "two phones" and how they wouldn't stay charged. When asked for ZG and JH phone numbers, she tells him she had numbers on the phones but she "didn't know how to save numbers from the phones to the SIM card." She said the "phone where she had the numbers saved was lost." (How convenient). I immediately caught that lie thinking "what about the SIM card?" (if she's using both phones, she would have to be taking the SIM card out of each phone and placing it in the other in order for each phone to work - the SIM card HAS TO BE IN THE PHONE FOR THE PHONE TO WORK). Mr. Melich immediately asked "So how were you able to keep the SIM card?" and she just plainly answered..."I had taken it out.. I know I had left my old phone on my desk after I had taken it out because this was the phone that would keep charged. I wanted to have a working phone instead of having a phone that would stay charged for about a half-hour." He then asked "So you said you made a report to Universal?" She then tries to overstep him with her answer of "yes..NINE DAYS AGO." Usually a person will try to recall their memory of such an incident of when they may have made a report, by giving their answer such as "I think it may have been a week an a half ago, I'm not sure of the date." But her answer was quick, and overstepping his question with "Yes. NINE days ago." How many of us would remember the exact days of when we would make an INCIDENT REPORT?

I am POSITIVE Mr. Melich made note of her lies. I am POSITIVE of it. It was obvious to me as a layperson. I don't feel that LE need to question her too much to make note that she was lying. They probably felt that they needed to put forth their effort in finding evidence to arrest her for this crime in which they did. And for that I am forever grateful! :blowkiss:

I have been re-reading all older documents, including the transcript at Universal with KC.

KC was interrogated by LE at Universal. Why were these questions not asked - or were they asked and I somehow missed them. Would these have not forced an answer from KC that might have tripped her up?

1. She said she dropped Caylee off at ZFG's between 0900 and 1300 hours and proceeded to her place of employment. She said she returned to the apartment at 1700 hours to pick Caylee up.

Since they at this point established that KC did NOT WORK, why did they not ask her what she was doing and where she was from 1300 hours until 1700 hours (1-5PM)?

2. She said she received a phone call from Caylee on 7/15 around noon from a private number - ON THE PHONE she did not lose, but currently had in her possession. Why was she not called on this - that there is NO RECORDING from a private number on 7/15 at noon and in fact KC was texting other people and talking to known numbers during this time?

3. Fusian - KC said that she went to Fusian in the hopes of seeing ZFG or someone that knew her. Why, then, did LE not pursue this and ask her WHO she was looking for at Fusian that would know or have seen ZFG? Since Fusian was a club she only started going to with AL, how would she find ZFG there?

4. Why was she not asked about telling AL and others that Caylee was safe with CA during the same time she was supposedly with the nanny?

Not that with this liar anything could have come from this, but I definitely think one or two of these would have tripped KC up a bit if asked during those times before she had a chance to iron out her fabricated story.

They DID trip her up. LE already knew about all those issues, and recorded her lies and inconsistencies.

For instance, she told LE that ZG ordered her to go to different locations (like the nightclubs). They already knew that she has never had phone, text, or email contact with any ZG. Hence: lie. They document the lies. They hav a provable lie for every, single question that she answered, except for her name.

If I can find fault with LE on one part it is this -- they talked too much ! Yes they were hoping she would crack, and their pressure was enormous -- but if they had let her talk more then they would have many more conflicting statements to work with now...

I agree 100% Diablo. I listened to the interview tapes at Universal, and 98% of the time, LE was talking. They missed so much of what she was about to say because they cut her off! I was frustrated just trying to listen and wondering why they didn't ask the obvious questions. She must have said "uh-huh" 100 times. I felt that the detectives were angry and frustrated with her and were using this time to spout off at her. After that, she got lawyered up and poof - not another chance to ask a single question of Casey Anthony. There was a whole world of difference in the way the FBI interviewed (mostly listened) GA and CA and the way the OCSO detectives intereviewed.

I agree 100% Diablo. I listened to the interview tapes at Universal, and 98% of the time, LE was talking. They missed so much of what she was about to say because they cut her off! I was frustrated just trying to listen and wondering why they didn't ask the obvious questions. She must have said "uh-huh" 100 times. I felt that the detectives were angry and frustrated with her and were using this time to spout off at her. After that, she got lawyered up and poof - not another chance to ask a single question of Casey Anthony. There was a whole world of difference in the way the FBI interviewed (mostly listened) GA and CA and the way the OCSO detectives intereviewed.

I totally agree. All she had to do was go "un-huh" and nod a lot. What beautious voluminous lies she would have spouted if left to run her yap for the cute cops...

I have been re-reading all older documents, including the transcript at Universal with KC.

KC was interrogated by LE at Universal. Why were these questions not asked - or were they asked and I somehow missed them. Would these have not forced an answer from KC that might have tripped her up?

1. She said she dropped Caylee off at ZFG's between 0900 and 1300 hours and proceeded to her place of employment. She said she returned to the apartment at 1700 hours to pick Caylee up.

Since they at this point established that KC did NOT WORK, why did they not ask her what she was doing and where she was from 1300 hours until 1700 hours (1-5PM)?

2. She said she received a phone call from Caylee on 7/15 around noon from a private number - ON THE PHONE she did not lose, but currently had in her possession. Why was she not called on this - that there is NO RECORDING from a private number on 7/15 at noon and in fact KC was texting other people and talking to known numbers during this time?

3. Fusian - KC said that she went to Fusian in the hopes of seeing ZFG or someone that knew her. Why, then, did LE not pursue this and ask her WHO she was looking for at Fusian that would know or have seen ZFG? Since Fusian was a club she only started going to with AL, how would she find ZFG there?

4. Why was she not asked about telling AL and others that Caylee was safe with CA during the same time she was supposedly with the nanny?

Not that with this liar anything could have come from this, but I definitely think one or two of these would have tripped KC up a bit if asked during those times before she had a chance to iron out her fabricated story.

You need to go into investigations...great questions! :clap:

The thing is, she was such an acomplished liar, like JG said, diabolical. her own parents could not get her to admit truth her whole life. She has lied to dozens of men, why would these guys be any different? She was using the only skill she had. And she had talked her way out of everything before, that's what she thought she was doing now. It had always worked for her.

Did George or Cindy even challenge her?
When Padilla bailed her out, GA and CA let her stay at the house and didn't even beat the truth out of her....I mean question her forcefully until she came clean.:innocent:

The question I wished the asked was why don't you know for certain, where you last left your child. If she answered outside, I would then wish they asked, where you ever inside? If so, then where the heck is she!

Did Casey try to say that Zanny ALWAYS met her outside of the Sawgrass Apt? That would be very suspicious wouldn't it? :confused: If the babysitter won't let you in her house, don't leave your kid with her.

I think they should have asked her since they now knew Universal was a lie where then was she working when she dropped of Caylee with nanny. Then they should have said lets go there. And that fake job would be exposed too

When Padilla bailed her out, GA and CA let her stay at the house and didn't even beat the truth out of her....I mean question her forcefully until she came clean.:innocent:

I know what you mean .. :crazy:

Did Casey try to say that Zanny ALWAYS met her outside of the Sawgrass Apt? That would be very suspicious wouldn't it? :confused: If the babysitter won't let you in her house, don't leave your kid with her.

Not one single member of the Anthony family shows, even an ounce, of common sense ..
It's truly sad and pathetic ..

Red flags were everywhere, how Cindy and George could miss them is beyond me .. :tsktsk:

According to LP, George cornered Casey in her room and was yelling at her, trying to get to the truth. He said neighbors and protestors outside could hear him. I think LP was on NG when he said it.

JMO of course but KC's lies and the questions not asked by LE are pretty much the same ones that LE did not ask CA and GA.
My question that still remains unanswered to this very day is...Why did KC need a Nanny if she did not even have a job and why does CA and GA continue to spew garbage about a Nanny knowing full well their daughter did not have a job. Can anyone in this family provide receipts for babysitting, did anyone deduct childcare expenses on their tax forms, did KC show any income on her tax forms?

I think JA and YM and AW did they best they could with the facts they had at the time. KC is such a cool liar, I think at some point they just were dumbfounded, didn't know what the heck to make of this young chick who looks normal but clearly isn't.

I only wish they would have pressed her to give them the name of ONE person who could be reached to verify her story. Like I wish they would have pushed her about JH, JL, Zany and her sister, just hammered her that the few people who she says knew Zany in person were people that moved in the middle of this kidnapping or have disappeared into thin air. Hammered her about this babysitter that no one knows. When she kept saying that she was going places she knew Zany went with Caylee, I wish they would have said, take us to these places, take us to ONE person who has seen Zany with Caylee. Just never let up on her. Like where does Zany buy her groceries, buy gas, who cuts her hair? Ya know, I mean NO ONE is invisible. IDK, with KC, it probably wouldn't have mattered, but still I'd like to see an 8 hour interrogation!! JMO

I relistened to her Universal interview this morning..the whole hour and 4 minutes.

Towards the end the detective seemed to get easier on her. (I think that they had given up) I think that she thought she was home free from the interogations. She started to talk with a lot of relief in her voice. I am not sure if they had not arrested her when they got back to the station that she would not have fled. She continued to lie even though they had her cornered with all the other lies. The whole interview totally amazes me. She talked about getting the phone call the day before from Caylee. Did she think that they were in belief of anything she said or did she think that they were to stupid not to have checked out all aspects of her story? If she were interested in crime shows she would have known that her wireless company would have the records of any incoming calls. Or was she complating taking off after they let her go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tabathahoward46