Speculation on the Second Cross

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have gotten several complaints about this thread going off topic. I am at the office and so I can't read it right now.
Any of you that are OT, could you please edit your posts and then stay on topic from here forward?
Thank you !!!!

I think that was Toomanywords who suggested that. :)
I guess I was misunderstood, I never said LE didn't agree with LP and that he didn't know what he was talking about.
I said I think LP is possibly misleading or speculating so the Anthony's don't really know where they will be caught lying next.
I do believe LP has connections and some credibility.
We just don't know all of the facts so everyone speculates!

Leonard Padilla has not been right about one thing since he's interjected himself in this case. From the first day he involved himself he has interfered with an ongoing police investigation - he bailed KC out when LE was trying to sweat her out and it is obvious from CA's LE interview that he told her that KC's friends were involved in drugs, which is what he said on tv when he first explained his "theory" to NG. CA quoted those very words that Padilla used. Now first, that throws a cloak of wrongdoing on innocent people who had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with this, other than to know and be friends with KC. It also has given LE another expensive non productive avenue that they had to investigate so that the defense doesn't have an opening to discredit LE.

So he bails her out even though LE was working her and claims that once she gets a manicure and a hot shower she'll want to talk to Leonard Padilla. Well, let me be blunt here - anytime someone has lawyered up, the the time for chit chat and shooting the breeze with bail bondsmen is over - so anyone with half a brain would know that he would not have an opportunity to yak with the defendent. KC would have been instructed not to discuss the case with anyone, much less a bounty hunter/bail bondsman.

Then after some sort of epiphany occurs, he decides she's guilty, revokes the bond and then sets out to offer rumour and innuendo the other way. The dna "proves LA is the father" - it does no such thing. "Cindy and KC had a fight June 15th". Unless he was there June 15th he couldn't possibly know this. "She dumped the body in the dumpster at TL's apt, she dumped the body out by the airport, she dumped the body in the dumpster at Amscot on the 27th, she bought two silver crosses at JC Penney's on the 27th" and these are just a few of the rumours he's floated on national tv. It's one thing for us to speculate and discuss the case on a private forum, but it is something entirely else to appear on national tv and speculate and spread rumours - this can taint the jury pool, it gives the defense opportunities to discredit LE and it costs LE and the Prosecutors' office valuable resources in time and money in tracking down and discrediting these rumours. By involving himself in this he's caused material harm to the case and the reputations of innocent people which is morally and ethically wrong.

Now, by insisting that the body was disposed of on the 27th, despite all evidence to the contrary in the forensics report, he is going to send 8000 people on a wild goose chase in the swamps around the airport when according to the best evidence she was nowhere near the airport in her car at anytime on or after the 27th so whether she purchased silver crosses on not on that date, it doesn't matter. She didn't have her car on the 27th or after that day.

Like Lou Smits or Darnay Hoffman or John Karr or Michael Tracy, these wannabe Sherlock Holmes , who know nothing about forensic science, meddle and muddy the waters, send people on wild goose chases and cost LE valuable money that could actually go to a lawful prosecution in these cases. You know how the defense is going to use this at the trial? "So, 8000 people searched for Caylee Anthony for two days and no one found anything, isn't that reasonable doubt that she isn't dead?" If they don't find a body, this is exactly how this is going to play out.

♣ He has been right many times. You must have missed it when he told us in advance about the "shocking" news we would receive shortly, just prior to the chloroform discovery being announced. He has also dropped some tidbits here and there along the way, a trail of crumbs so to speak.

♣ He has not interfered in any ongoing investigation-he has assisted in that investigation and used his own resources to ASSIST in the investigation. He has contacts and can get to information that a LE officer simply cannot access.

♣ Yeah, like we KNOW we can take everything Cindy says and implies as the full gospel truth, right? Not. FYI, some of her "friends" were involved in drugs, and there were messages about Xanex and several friends reported that Casey was a smoker of the gange, so I don't see where this was "harming innocent people". Fusion Ultra Lounge, the Soushi Bar, is KNOWN in that area as having an involvement in drugs. If it is so, why is it wrong for him to state it? Oh yeah, and Casey had friends who had pics on their MySpace: Win her over with chloroform, and she herself researched chloroform and how to cook it up, so to think she was a wee bit into the drug scene is not that far of a stretch. I do not consider it non-productive to uncover drug rings IF they exist, do you?

♣ Leonard has never once, not one single time stated that Lee IS the father or that the DNA said Lee was the father. You need to check his statements on that. He suggests could be scenarios, but he has never once said Lee is baby daddy.

♣ I was not "there" June 15th to hear their fight any more than Leonard was, but there are witness reports about this fight and MANY other fights that went on in the A household. Wonder why the neighbors would lie about such a thing? I doubt they would.

♣ He also does not state that she bought 2 silver crosses on the 27th. Did you watch the interview or at least read a transcript of it? Not once did Leonard say that-not once.

♣ Leonard is not just a sherlock holmes wannabe. He is a lawyer, founder of a law school, a father of 5 and grandfather of 5. He has been in the business of bounty hunting for a good long time and has contacts that would put poor old Sherlock Holmes to shame.

♣ He has been right many times. You must have missed it when he told us in advance about the "shocking" news we would receive shortly, just prior to the chloroform discovery being announced. He has also dropped some tidbits here and there along the way, a trail of crumbs so to speak.

♣ He has not interfered in any ongoing investigation-he has assisted in that investigation and used his own resources to ASSIST in the investigation. He has contacts and can get to information that a LE officer simply cannot access.

♣ Yeah, like we KNOW we can take everything Cindy says and implies as the full gospel truth, right? Not. FYI, some of her "friends" were involved in drugs, and there were messages about Xanex and several friends reported that Casey was a smoker of the gange, so I don't see where this was "harming innocent people". Fusion Ultra Lounge, the Soushi Bar, is KNOWN in that area as having an involvement in drugs. If it is so, why is it wrong for him to state it? Oh yeah, and Casey had friends who had pics on their MySpace: Win her over with chloroform, and she herself researched chloroform and how to cook it up, so to think she was a wee bit into the drug scene is not that far of a stretch. I do not consider it non-productive to uncover drug rings IF they exist, do you?

♣ Leonard has never once, not one single time stated that Lee IS the father or that the DNA said Lee was the father. You need to check his statements on that. He suggests could be scenarios, but he has never once said Lee is baby daddy.

♣ I was not "there" June 15th to hear their fight any more than Leonard was, but there are witness reports about this fight and MANY other fights that went on in the A household. Wonder why the neighbors would lie about such a thing? I doubt they would.

♣ He also does not state that she bought 2 silver crosses on the 27th. Did you watch the interview or at least read a transcript of it? Not once did Leonard say that-not once.

♣ Leonard is not just a sherlock holmes wannabe. He is a lawyer, founder of a law school, a father of 5 and grandfather of 5. He has been in the business of bounty hunting for a good long time and has contacts that would put poor old Sherlock Holmes to shame.

Awesome Post magic-cat! :woohoo: for LP!

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Magic Cat!

You know what else just came to mind? LE flew to California to interview LP and RD? LP has a wealth of information and LE knows that.

Thanks. So basically this thread, like Seinfield, is a show about nothing?

No. This is a thread about the speculation that was presented on Nancy G and some statements made by Leonard P. and then some pictures of Casey and Cindy wearing crosses, and then theorizing on what this could all mean. Nothing? Well, that is yet to be seen.

Yes, Chilly, it's a thread about nothing - some gossip, some rumourmongering, some speculation about two crosses which no one is even sure they exist or were purchased by anyone in the family.

Yes, Chilly, it's a thread about nothing - some gossip, some rumourmongering, some speculation about two crosses which no one is even sure they exist or were purchased by anyone in the family.

Well, someone knows something about them, or else Nancy G would not have bought them out on her show and Leonard P. would not have discussed them and said he believed the FBI knew all there was to know about the crosses. It is a thread speculating about what was stated and nothing more or less...:waitasec:

Leonard Padilla has not been right about one thing since he's interjected himself in this case. From the first day he involved himself he has interfered with an ongoing police investigation - he bailed KC out when LE was trying to sweat her out and it is obvious from CA's LE interview that he told her that KC's friends were involved in drugs, which is what he said on tv when he first explained his "theory" to NG. CA quoted those very words that Padilla used. Now first, that throws a cloak of wrongdoing on innocent people who had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with this, other than to know and be friends with KC. It also has given LE another expensive non productive avenue that they had to investigate so that the defense doesn't have an opening to discredit LE.

So he bails her out even though LE was working her and claims that once she gets a manicure and a hot shower she'll want to talk to Leonard Padilla. Well, let me be blunt here - anytime someone has lawyered up, the the time for chit chat and shooting the breeze with bail bondsmen is over - so anyone with half a brain would know that he would not have an opportunity to yak with the defendent. KC would have been instructed not to discuss the case with anyone, much less a bounty hunter/bail bondsman.

Then after some sort of epiphany occurs, he decides she's guilty, revokes the bond and then sets out to offer rumour and innuendo the other way. The dna "proves LA is the father" - it does no such thing. "Cindy and KC had a fight June 15th". Unless he was there June 15th he couldn't possibly know this. "She dumped the body in the dumpster at TL's apt, she dumped the body out by the airport, she dumped the body in the dumpster at Amscot on the 27th, she bought two silver crosses at JC Penney's on the 27th" and these are just a few of the rumours he's floated on national tv. It's one thing for us to speculate and discuss the case on a private forum, but it is something entirely else to appear on national tv and speculate and spread rumours - this can taint the jury pool, it gives the defense opportunities to discredit LE and it costs LE and the Prosecutors' office valuable resources in time and money in tracking down and discrediting these rumours. By involving himself in this he's caused material harm to the case and the reputations of innocent people which is morally and ethically wrong.

Now, by insisting that the body was disposed of on the 27th, despite all evidence to the contrary in the forensics report, he is going to send 8000 people on a wild goose chase in the swamps around the airport when according to the best evidence she was nowhere near the airport in her car at anytime on or after the 27th so whether she purchased silver crosses on not on that date, it doesn't matter. She didn't have her car on the 27th or after that day.

Like Lou Smits or Darnay Hoffman or John Karr or Michael Tracy, these wannabe Sherlock Holmes , who know nothing about forensic science, meddle and muddy the waters, send people on wild goose chases and cost LE valuable money that could actually go to a lawful prosecution in these cases. You know how the defense is going to use this at the trial? "So, 8000 people searched for Caylee Anthony for two days and no one found anything, isn't that reasonable doubt that she isn't dead?" If they don't find a body, this is exactly how this is going to play out.

That's it in a nutshell. Great post.

Thanks, Lexington, I hate it when these kinds of people involve themselves in cases like this. They make it just that much harder for LE to do an effective job.

Thanks, Lexington, I hate it when these kinds of people involve themselves in cases like this. They make it just that much harder for LE to do an effective job.

Sorry I brought it up.

Sorry I brought it up.

Baz - I do think that IF any of this is true, it would be a good idea to use metal detectors in the search. For that reason, I think this thread did have a purpose and could have a positive result. Sometimes its good to explore rumors to an extent.

If there is any truth to the crosses, LE knows it by know. They have subpeonaed records, etc. to figure out what KC was doing, so I guess the bottom line is, DO TES and LE think metal dectectors might be helpful in the search?

Salem

These kinds of people: intelligent, charismatic, humorous, wealthy, resourceful, devoted, dedicated, informed, is that the kind of people you mean, because that is the kind of people that Leonard is...:)

If you want to discuss Leonard Padilla, Magic cat, start another thread. I'd be perfectly willing to discuss Leonard Padilla, but not on this thread or under this topic.

Baz - I do think that IF any of this is true, it would be a good idea to use metal detectors in the search. For that reason, I think this thread did have a purpose and could have a positive result. Sometimes its good to explore rumors to an extent.

If there is any truth to the crosses, LE knows it by know. They have subpeonaed records, etc. to figure out what KC was doing, so I guess the bottom line is, DO TES and LE think metal dectectors might be helpful in the search?

Salem

While I agree with you, it's not our call. I trust the pro's will do the right things.

While I agree with you, it's not our call. I trust the pro's will do the right things.

And I hope nobody (pros and laymen alike) jumps in and messes up a crime scene.....the other night on Nancy Grace, every single guest came out against throngs of people searching for Caylee's body because of the possibility that they'll trample on evidence. Any "contamination" of a crime/burial scene ALWAYS works in favor of the defendant.

And I hope nobody (pros and laymen alike) jumps in and messes up a crime scene.....the other night on Nancy Grace, every single guest came out against throngs of people searching for Caylee's body because of the possibility that they'll trample on evidence. Any "contamination" of a crime/burial scene ALWAYS works in favor of the defendant.

I think that the reason for postponing the search was for just that reason. They wanted the water to reside so they didn't trample on any evidence. I'm sure that this will be a very organized search with the team leaders making every effort to find and not destroy any evidence out there.

I watched that show and was quite surprised that the guests on NG were so assuming that this would be just a bunch of people trampling all over possible evidence.

If they had ever been on a TES search, they would know that the people involved are coached extremely well and are organized almost to a fault. You have to have patience, be able to follow instructions to a T or you will be sent home. What I have objected to are these "private" search parties that go out there before TES arrives thinking they are doing the investigation a big favor when in actuality all they are doing is creating their own trails and hindering a proper search. But that's another story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back