Speculation on the Second Cross

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you mind sharing where you heard this? That would make sense why she bought it again if that were the case. If she "lost" it while she was getting rid of Caylee, then she replaced it so she could say-Hey, here is mine, that must be someone elses...???

Very good point, magic-cat.:clap:

I think when you are as close to 70 as he is (69) that you are allowed to be a bit of a character, so to speak. I also do not think he is as "nutty" as he often is portrayed or portrays himself. I think he is SMART to play DUMB...

In 1982, Leonard Padilla opened the Lorenzo Patino School of Law with Attorney Doug Nareau, Heman Smith, and Judge Lorenzo Patino.

The Lorenzo Patino Law School provides an affordable legal education for those wishing to practice law.

Leonard is currently the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

I agree Magic-Cat, Leonard is NOT dumb.

I think when you are as close to 70 as he is (69) that you are allowed to be a bit of a character, so to speak. I also do not think he is as "nutty" as he often is portrayed or portrays himself. I think he is SMART to play DUMB...

I agree! I also did not know until reading another thread last night that he is an attorney also. Another poster (can't remember who) said that he was very modest about his achievments..and there is quite a long list of them. That makes me admire him even more. I definitely believe his heart is in the right place. :clap: moo

In 1982, Leonard Padilla opened the Lorenzo Patino School of Law with Attorney Doug Nareau, Heman Smith, and Judge Lorenzo Patino.

The Lorenzo Patino Law School provides an affordable legal education for those wishing to practice law.

Leonard is currently the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.

I agree Magic-Cat, Leonard is NOT dumb.

I think he is as sharp as a tack...:)

I agree! I also did not know until reading another thread last night that he is an attorney also. Another poster (can't remember who) said that he was very modest about his achievments..and there is quite a long list of them. That makes me admire him even more. I definitely believe his heart is in the right place. :clap: moo

I agree that he has a heart of gold and although he IS human like the rest of us and does make errors and mistakes, that his intentions are GOLDEN...:)

Leonard Padilla has not been right about one thing since he's interjected himself in this case. From the first day he involved himself he has interfered with an ongoing police investigation - he bailed KC out when LE was trying to sweat her out and it is obvious from CA's LE interview that he told her that KC's friends were involved in drugs, which is what he said on tv when he first explained his "theory" to NG. CA quoted those very words that Padilla used. Now first, that throws a cloak of wrongdoing on innocent people who had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with this, other than to know and be friends with KC. It also has given LE another expensive non productive avenue that they had to investigate so that the defense doesn't have an opening to discredit LE.

So he bails her out even though LE was working her and claims that once she gets a manicure and a hot shower she'll want to talk to Leonard Padilla. Well, let me be blunt here - anytime someone has lawyered up, the the time for chit chat and shooting the breeze with bail bondsmen is over - so anyone with half a brain would know that he would not have an opportunity to yak with the defendent. KC would have been instructed not to discuss the case with anyone, much less a bounty hunter/bail bondsman.

Then after some sort of epiphany occurs, he decides she's guilty, revokes the bond and then sets out to offer rumour and innuendo the other way. The dna "proves LA is the father" - it does no such thing. "Cindy and KC had a fight June 15th". Unless he was there June 15th he couldn't possibly know this. "She dumped the body in the dumpster at TL's apt, she dumped the body out by the airport, she dumped the body in the dumpster at Amscot on the 27th, she bought two silver crosses at JC Penney's on the 27th" and these are just a few of the rumours he's floated on national tv. It's one thing for us to speculate and discuss the case on a private forum, but it is something entirely else to appear on national tv and speculate and spread rumours - this can taint the jury pool, it gives the defense opportunities to discredit LE and it costs LE and the Prosecutors' office valuable resources in time and money in tracking down and discrediting these rumours. By involving himself in this he's caused material harm to the case and the reputations of innocent people which is morally and ethically wrong.

Now, by insisting that the body was disposed of on the 27th, despite all evidence to the contrary in the forensics report, he is going to send 8000 people on a wild goose chase in the swamps around the airport when according to the best evidence she was nowhere near the airport in her car at anytime on or after the 27th so whether she purchased silver crosses on not on that date, it doesn't matter. She didn't have her car on the 27th or after that day.

Like Lou Smits or Darnay Hoffman or John Karr or Michael Tracy, these wannabe Sherlock Holmes , who know nothing about forensic science, meddle and muddy the waters, send people on wild goose chases and cost LE valuable money that could actually go to a lawful prosecution in these cases. You know how the defense is going to use this at the trial? "So, 8000 people searched for Caylee Anthony for two days and no one found anything, isn't that reasonable doubt that she isn't dead?" If they don't find a body, this is exactly how this is going to play out.

July 1 JC Penney purchase was $31.93 according to Lee's handwritten list of receipts. That's $29.99 plus tax. JC Penney has 3 cross necklaces for sale online at that price.

This purchase (again, according to Lee's list) was made at 4:17 pm the day after the cell phone pings show her driving all over creation in the middle of the night.

FWIW--obviously they have lots of other things for sale at $29.99 also. :)

Leonard Padilla has not been right about one thing since he's interjected himself in this case. From the first day he involved himself he has interfered with an ongoing police investigation - he bailed KC out when LE was trying to sweat her out and it is obvious from CA's LE interview that he told her that KC's friends were involved in drugs, which is what he said on tv when he first explained his "theory" to NG. CA quoted those very words that Padilla used. Now first, that throws a cloak of wrongdoing on innocent people who had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with this, other than to know and be friends with KC. It also has given LE another expensive non productive avenue that they had to investigate so that the defense doesn't have an opening to discredit LE.

So he bails her out even though LE was working her and claims that once she gets a manicure and a hot shower she'll want to talk to Leonard Padilla. Well, let me be blunt here - anytime someone has lawyered up, the the time for chit chat and shooting the breeze with bail bondsmen is over - so anyone with half a brain would know that he would not have an opportunity to yak with the defendent. KC would have been instructed not to discuss the case with anyone, much less a bounty hunter/bail bondsman.

Then after some sort of epiphany occurs, he decides she's guilty, revokes the bond and then sets out to offer rumour and innuendo the other way. The dna "proves LA is the father" - it does no such thing. "Cindy and KC had a fight June 15th". Unless he was there June 15th he couldn't possibly know this. "She dumped the body in the dumpster at TL's apt, she dumped the body out by the airport, she dumped the body in the dumpster at Amscot on the 27th, she bought two silver crosses at JC Penney's on the 27th" and these are just a few of the rumours he's floated on national tv. It's one thing for us to speculate and discuss the case on a private forum, but it is something entirely else to appear on national tv and speculate and spread rumours - this can taint the jury pool, it gives the defense opportunities to discredit LE and it costs LE and the Prosecutors' office valuable resources in time and money in tracking down and discrediting these rumours. By involving himself in this he's caused material harm to the case and the reputations of innocent people which is morally and ethically wrong.

Now, by insisting that the body was disposed of on the 27th, despite all evidence to the contrary in the forensics report, he is going to send 8000 people on a wild goose chase in the swamps around the airport when according to the best evidence she was nowhere near the airport in her car at anytime on or after the 27th so whether she purchased silver crosses on not on that date, it doesn't matter. She didn't have her car on the 27th or after that day.

Like Lou Smits or Darnay Hoffman or John Karr or Michael Tracy, these wannabe Sherlock Holmes , who know nothing about forensic science, meddle and muddy the waters, send people on wild goose chases and cost LE valuable money that could actually go to a lawful prosecution in these cases. You know how the defense is going to use this at the trial? "So, 8000 people searched for Caylee Anthony for two days and no one found anything, isn't that reasonable doubt that she isn't dead?" If they don't find a body, this is exactly how this is going to play out.

Don't forget Caylee fell off the balcony.
Caylee choked on something.
The bag from the trunk had decomp fluid on the outside of it.

There are more. I have grown to like him more, but I discount most of the theories he throws out there, especially the ones that are not reported anywhere else. I mean think about how hungry the media is for something new to report in this case. If any of these theories had any validity they would be picked up elsewhere. Inaccurate info gets picked up and spread, the fact that none of this stuff gets picked up says a lot to me.

Don't forget Caylee fell off the balcony.
Caylee choked on something.
The bag from the trunk had decomp fluid on the outside of it.

There are more. I have grown to like him more, but I discount most of the theories he throws out there, especially the ones that are not reported anywhere else. I mean think about how hungry the media is for something new to report in this case. If any of these theories had any validity they would be picked up elsewhere. Inaccurate info gets picked up and spread, the fact that none of this stuff gets picked up says a lot to me.

I think all thing's LP should be in the rumor thread!

Maybe he throws these things out so the family has no idea what LE knows and maybe he really doesn't want to give accurate info?
Maybe it's calculated.
I know it's hard to know what to believe. He is amusing though.

Maybe he throws these things out so the family has no idea what LE knows and maybe he really doesn't want to give accurate info?
Maybe it's calculated.

Maybe there is a method to his madness, which is what I believe. Others may have different opinions, nothing wrong with that either IMO.

Inpatient, he could be the nicest guy in the world but I really doubt that LE would tell him anything and he is causing harm to their case.

WHAT? She said that she gave the JCP card to Lee and that Lee made purchases on it? [HINKY HINKY HINKY]

How did I miss this tidbit?
We know the JCP card was in Casey's possession until July 15-16. What was purchased on the "stolen" card after that time?

Y'all are forgetting one important piece of the puzzle as far as KC stealing Cindy's card goes- Amy. On 7/15 when CA called Amy and they tracked KC to Tony's, Cindy was bitching about the missing credit card and all the money KC had stolen from her and her parents. So Amy is probably going to get up on the stand and retell that convo, and Cindy will be trapped in the lie that she "gave" the JCP card to Lee.

Maybe it's calculated.

I SO don't believe LE is giving LP the time of day! I do agree he is amusing. And if we'd all remember that he is appearing on crime-tainment shows (Shows to entertain, not necessarily to share facts) it would be good!

Regarding this thread: Yes, I know this thread was started to discuss speculation. I thought there was ALREADY a "discuss rumors/speculation" thread, and many posters seem to be discussing the "second cross" as though it were fact. Maybe the title could be "Speculation about supposed 2nd cross" ? It just really irks me when anyone misunderstands and begins to believe what has been put out as speculation.....it muddies the well.

Funny how when LP throws out rumors and downright lies for the "Casey did it" side, he's a hero and sharp as a tack, but when someone does the same thing for the defense side, they need to be stoned to death in the town square.

Inpatient, he could be the nicest guy in the world but I really doubt that LE would tell him anything and he is causing harm to their case.

I think that was Toomanywords who suggested that. :)

Will someone clear these things up for me?

Is there proof that Casey bought one cross, two crosses, or no proof that she bought any crosses?

Is there proof that Casey left a cross with Caylee's body?

Is there proof that Casey gave a cross to Cindy?

Is there proof that Lee used Cindy's JCP card?

No one is going on a wild goose chase Caylee is DUMPED somewhere and LE,TES and all 8000 of us are following the PINGS................

Casey had every right to be bailed out................. she was.

If Caylee is not found this weekend she will be found one day before KC's trial is over with and I for one have respect for LE/TES/LP.

I for one will jump for JOY when the verdict is read....................

I for one am so sad Caylee is DEAD.............................

NO body no conviction............... go read another book or watch another movie KC will be convicted and spend the rest of her days in jail. And the A's will be living high off the hog with blood money from the murder of their grand-daughter.

Money can not buy love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC tried it and look where she is at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Will someone clear these things up for me?

Is there proof that Casey bought one cross, two crosses, or no proof that she bought any crosses?

Is there proof that Casey left a cross with Caylee's body?

Is there proof that Casey gave a cross to Cindy?

Is there proof that Lee used Cindy's JCP card?

No, no, no and no. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back