Spicher was gone 3+ hours on day Kyron vanished

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been confirmed that it was definitely Terri at the gym that morning? At my gym, all I have to do is scan my key card to get in. I rarely see anyone at the front desk. Could it have been DeDe that went to the gym for Terri so that Terri could take care of Kyron? Just a thought.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413527,00.html

Asked about her own whereabouts on June 4, Spicher says was at a 38-acre nursery preparing for a garden tour the following day. "I never left the property that day," she says.

Spicher says she stayed at Terri's house for 11 days after Kyron vanished, and that they were afraid for their own safety after getting death threats. But she wanted to be there for Terri.

"There's this horror that my friend is going through," she says. "If I thought for a second that she was capable of [foul play], I would not have been there. She would not have been my friend in the first place."

Spicher says she's told police the same thing. "They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says. "I told them everything that I knew, over and over again. But I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear."

Asked about her own whereabouts on June 4, Spicher says was at a 38-acre nursery preparing for a garden tour the following day. "I never left the property that day," she says.

Spicher says she stayed at Terri's house for 11 days after Kyron vanished, and that they were afraid for their own safety after getting death threats. But she wanted to be there for Terri.

"There's this horror that my friend is going through," she says. "If I thought for a second that she was capable of [foul play], I would not have been there. She would not have been my friend in the first place."

Spicher says she's told police the same thing. "They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says. "I told them everything that I knew, over and over again. But I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear."

bbm

I continue to have a sinking feeling that this is the case.

It would seem that DeDe "not cooperating" consists of believing Terri to be innocent.

That article is very interesting, thank-you for posting.

I am glad one of these two women have finally spoken out.

bbm

I continue to have a sinking feeling that this is the case.

It would seem that DeDe "not cooperating" consists of believing Terri to be innocent.

I'm still wanting to know what the property owner and her co-workers said about seeing/not seeing her; where she was supposed to be working exactly; what she said when they finally saw her after lunch, etc.

Sorry but it not cutting it with me with DeDe! She the one with a smug face coming out of GJ like this is some kind of game.

It was her own lawyer that made the statement below . Nope not buying it
:snooty:

I wonder why DEDE's lawyer would make that statement if he didn't have some inside info.

snip
Spicher's attorney told NBC Dateline that he would be "surprised" if Terri was not arrested in the case.
:waitasec:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/DeDe-...y-99252004-kyron-horman-missing-portland.html

That article is very interesting, thank-you for posting.

I am glad one of these two women has finally spoken out.

It really is interesting, and the way the quotes are worded seems very sincere (without hearing the tone of voice or seeing the body language). My perception of that raises doubts in my mind as to whether DDS was involved in the disappearance, but it doesn't sway my feelings about whether TH was involved--because there are people who are capable of presenting one face to the world and to their friends, while covering up a very different side. (As with Casey Anthony--remember how shocked her various friends and boyfriends were even to find out the things we know for a FACT, let alone that she might be capable of something really heinous.)

Also, it doesn't convince me that she is telling the whole truth about where she (DDS) was that day. Her vague "I never left the property" is not entirely persuasive, and it is quite possible that she is covering up something about TH precisely because she does NOT believe she is involved in Kyron's disappearance, and doesn't want to add fuel to the fire. (Or, she could be covering up something she did herself, totally unrelated to the Kyron situation.)

JMO

Sorry but it not cutting it with me with DeDe! She the one with a smug face coming out of GJ like this is some kind of game.

I wonder why DEDE's lawyer would make that statement if he didn't have some inside info.

snip
Spicher's attorney told NBC Dateline that he would be "surprised" if Terri was not arrested in the case.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/DeDe-...y-99252004-kyron-horman-missing-portland.html

Yes, the smug face bothers me too. It has bothered me ever since I saw it. And it wasn't only the face, it was the whole demeanor. Looked more like she was a celebrity smiling at her fans than a person under suspicion of being involved in a crime.

JMO

snip

I won't be surprised if she's arrested, either. That has nothing to do with whether I think she SHOULD be arrested or not.

I'm still wanting to know what the property owner and her co-workers said about seeing/not seeing her; where she was supposed to be working exactly; what she said when they finally saw her after lunch, etc.

Considering their story has changed so many times I can't even keep up .... I don't think I'd believe what they had to say in any case.

Considering their story has changed so many times I can't even keep up .... I don't think I'd believe what they had to say in any case.

I don't see them changing their story at all. I think that once they started talking about it, they realized that no one had actually seen DDs on the property for longer than they had originally thought. I can see that easily happening with a bunch of people who probably don't know each other very well, assigned to different tasks on a large property. Why do you think all these innocent people are lying (kh's lawyer, a homeowner and the co-workers), but that dds and th are not? Or do you think they're lying as well?

As far as Dede's facial expression in the infamous photo...we don't know the context. One of the reporters might have just asked a really ridiculous question or said something really stupid...I'm not basing my entire impression of a person on a photo when I have no idea what was going on when it was taken.

Yes, the smug face bothers me too. It has bothered me ever since I saw it. And it wasn't only the face, it was the whole demeanor. Looked more like she was a celebrity smiling at her fans than a person under suspicion of being involved in a crime.

JMO

People who are unused to being in the public eye cannot always muster the occasion-appropriate expression. Even those who are frequently photographed will sometimes have totally inappropriate expressions. Here's an interesting article about inappropriate facial expressions:

http://www.slate.com/id/1004144

I don't see them changing their story at all. I think that once they started talking about it, they realized that no one had actually seen DDs on the property for longer than they had originally thought. I can see that easily happening with a bunch of people who probably don't know each other very well, assigned to different tasks on a large property. Why do you think all these innocent people are lying (kh's lawyer, a homeowner and the co-workers), but that dds and th are not? Or do you think they're lying as well?

?

I think these people have no idea if DeDe left the property or not.

While there is no proof that DeDe left the property their claim that she was "MIA" or unseen/unlocatable upon the property for three hours is certainly relevant IMO.

It depends on how large the property is, how many people were present on it, etc etc etc how unusual/coincidental I choose to find DeDe's inability to produce corroberation of her whereabouts during that time period.

Perhaps she was there but not seen for three hours. Perhaps she was miles away. I do not, however, believe that these witnesses are purposefully lying or telling tales. I think they are telling the honest truth as they know it.

The one problem I cannot get past from the others working the farm and their recollections is that not one of them seemed to feel it necessary to go looking for DeDe, since she never answered her phone or came in for lunch. What if a tree had fallen on her? What if some other untoward event had happened to her? Am I to believe that they just allowed one of the workers to be off the grid for over 3 hours (at latest count) with no one determining to make sure she was okay?

While there is no proof that DeDe left the property their claim that she was "MIA" or unseen/unlocatable upon the property for three hours is certainly relevant IMO.

It depends on how large the property is, how many people were present on it, etc etc etc how unusual/coincidental I choose to find DeDe's inability to produce corroberation of her whereabouts during that time period.

Perhaps she was there but not seen for three hours. Perhaps she was miles away. I do not, however, believe that these witnesses are purposefully lying or telling tales. I think they are telling the honest truth as they know it.

bbm

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413527,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

I'll be shocked if she's arrested. I truly will be.

I'll be shocked if she's convicted based on the hoopla we've been fed so far.

(p.s., that's HOOPLA, Emma......not hooha!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom
Back