***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thank you, JA, for exposing Dr Weitz in all his glory.

says Weitz, when asked to explain OCA's behavior - she believed she worked at Universal. Then, at the end of the hall? Oh, well, people slip in and out of denial.

Thank you so much for the book review.

I was wondering ... about the 10% ... if someone were to contact the author and ask if it's okay if phrases are copied from his book for discussion here ... and if he said it was okay ... then were would be in compliance with copyright laws.

JB and CM decide sliding in lies by the back door, using the 2 "experts" is not worth the risk of having the State's expert interview OCA. Too risky.

Whhheeeee Heeeee! On page for Jeff's book, someone posted about getting a trial for downloading Jeff's audio book, and they had done. Many on this thread said they couldn't afford, so posting it here. (see cancellation policy! - This is an EBay company I think?)
http://www.audible.com/t1/PBRP0328WS020409?source_code=AUDC6942CT050410
* Get your first 30 days of the AudibleListener® Gold membership plan free, which includes one credit, plus a one-time bonus credit. In almost all cases, one credit equals one audiobook. After your 30 day trial, your membership will automatically renew each month for just $14.95, billed to the credit card you used when you registered with Audible. With your membership, you will receive one credit per month plus members-only discounts on all audio purchases. If you cancel your membership before your free trial period is up, you will not be charged. Thereafter, cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. See the complete terms and policy applicable to Audible memberships.

JB went so far as to tell Cindy, in that secret little session without George, that the authorities had evidence George was involved in Caylee's death.

Believes that JB did all this so that the Ants would not cooperate with JA and team, fearing prosecution.

(I can't begin to express how sickening all this to me. It actually helps to be posting it as I read, takes longer for all of it to sink in).

adding- really need to go get my precious incredible son who i will hug a dozen extra times after reading about these fifthly disgusting sickening folks, the whole lot of them.

I so appreciate all the tidbits of paraphasing that's going on here. I seriously can't drop any money on this book right now, just been slapped upside the head with a lot of bills. *sigh* I remember the days when you didn't have to pay for driver's education classes. At any rate - thank you thank you thank you, and keep up the good work!

You may want to check your local library web site or give them a call. Mine takes book requests and when they're approved, they buy a copy for all the libraries in my county. JA's book is on its way to at least six libraries right now in my county. Generally they ask for a justification but it can be really simple, 'the case was highly publicized and the verdict was very controversial'.

IMO

JB went so far as to tell Cindy, in that secret little session without George, that the authorities had evidence George was involved in Caylee's death.

Believes that JB did all this so that the Ants would not cooperate with JA and team, fearing prosecution.

(I can't begin to express how sickening all this to me. It actually helps to be posting it as I read, takes longer for all of it to sink in).

JB should have been disbarred right after the trial ended. How can the FL bar allow someone like this to practice law?

adding- really need to go get my precious incredible son who i will hug a dozen extra times after reading about these fifthly disgusting sickening folks, the whole lot of them.

Wow. That explains a whole lot. So Cindy chose to believe Baez's lie when she and George didn't even like Baez? They must have had some hatred for the prosecution and LE to go along with Baez. Wow. Cindy just believed any lie that sounded good to her ears, apparently. This has to be the most disturbing thing to come out of JA's book that I read about so far. I haven't even read the book yet!

Sadly, Pickle, I must agree.

I'm afraid the only way that bunch could make it through JA's book is if you put on some big, easy-to-read posters with arrows and pictures and lots of short words. Or, you could even write it with a Sharpie on a giant notepad.

I think it would have to be a movie :)

Just a couple of things.

In reading this, it is so clear that this was more than just a case to Ashton. I don't want to exaggerate this, but there are moments in this book where you can feel his pain reaching out to grab you. It is subtle and brief but it is there. From the dedication to Caylee so no one forgets to the epilogue where he seems to plea to the angry masses to turn it into something positive for Caylee.

Very touching and had me crying.

He mentions he wanted this case because it was worth fighting for. Win or lose he was going to go out fighting for Caylee Marie.

Makes me wonder if he will really make it as a defense attorney. This man has prosecution in his veins. I wish him the best.

I can't believe all the negatives comments I have read under some on the news articles. Some people actually blame Mr. Ashton for monking the case up.

Makes me so mad. :burn:

I can't believe all the negatives comments I have read under some on the news articles. Some people actually blame Mr. Ashton for monking the case up.

Yeah, I think the Casey supporters are out in force today. All they can do is sling mud and hope it sticks.

Breathe - this is all opening up the wounds again for me too.

Those commenters are about as bright as the jury. The fault lies squarely on the jury's shoulders that Casey walked away free. I don't even blame the defense team (disgusting as they are) they did what they were supposed to. I blame those 12 people, no one else involved in this case failed to do their jobs, but they did.

I can't afford to buy the book, either, and I SO appreciate all the posts by those who are reading it. But I'm jumping around and haven't read posts in order.

Question: How does JA think KC killed Cayley? Does he do a time line on how he thinks it all went down?

So the Florida BAR made bad decisions.
- Nothing new there for us.

Ashton dislikes JB.
- Nothing new there.

The defense was making up sensational lies to deflect from the truth.
- Nothing new there.

Cindy is deranged.
- Nothing new there.

Personally would have been far more pleased if there was a solid explanation why the prosecution did not just follow the money trial in main for their court case. Or who was really responsible for J. Perry getting the case given to him. Or who allowed such a flawed jury selection. Etc..........

Breathe - this is all opening up the wounds again for me too.

Those commenters are about as bright as the jury. The fault lies squarely on the jury's shoulders that Casey walked away free. I don't even blame the defense team (disgusting as they are) they did what they were supposed to. I blame those 12 people, no one else involved in this case failed to do their jobs, but they did.

In chapter after chapter Ashton shares his disbelief at this jury. He tries to do it respectfully but his well deserved snark comes through at times.

Ashton dislikes JB.
- Nothing new there.

- Nothing new there.

Cindy is deranged.
- Nothing new there.

Personally would have been far more pleased if there was a solid explanation why the prosecution did not just follow the money trial in main for their court case. Or who was really responsible for J. Perry getting the case given to him. Or who allowed such a flawed jury selection. Etc..........

Judge Perry made the decision to take over.

Sooo much worse than I even thought.

Thanks for everyone's comments - I don't have the book. Wonder why Frank didn't like Jennifer Ford (Juror #3?). And was the juror that is referenced as the only one showing much emotion during the trial the one man who felt KC was guilty?

I don't believe for a nano-second that George molested either FCA or Caylee. Never did. And FCA stating George killed Caylee while molesting her in the pool??!! Get real! What a horrible, horrible, vicious, malicious piece of work FCA is.

A thank you to Dr. Danzinger for actually trying to do the "right" thing, by expressing your discomfort over FCA and her "story".

Oh, and Jeff Aston - please tell us how you REALLY feel about Jose!:floorlaugh:

says flat out that he doesn't believe OCA used duct tape in any kind of cover-up after-the fact scenario, that the only reason it was there was to stop Caylee from breathing. Premeditated murder.

I need ....NEED.....to read this chapter....ahhhh come on 5pm !

Ashton dislikes JB.
- Nothing new there.

- Nothing new there.

Cindy is deranged.
- Nothing new there.

BBM: Since HHJP is Chief Judge cannot we assume he made that decision himself?
What money trail are we supposed to be following?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back