***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK.........here we go! I finally got the book from the library after realizing that my pre-order hadn't gone through on the internet order long time ago. I got it Friday, finished today! I'll try to reference pages....

Page 281 - It has always SCREAMED at me RE: the tatoo, and only two of the three of the "starbursts?" has a dot in the middle. Folks here on WS said the photo that we had perhaps just didn't see the third dot - but in her book, clearly the third dot is not there on her tatoo (second page of the photos) FCA claimed to one Dr. that the tatoo was an ironic (or iornic!) comment on the fact that her life had not been beautiful. I believe, then and now, that those represented that Caylee didn't make it to 3 years old (ergo, only 2 dots) - and now that she was gone - FCA then had the beautiful life. Even if thought of as to say that Caylee had a good life - could be considered her slam to jealousy of the CA and Caylee relationship. That she was glad she snuffed out that beautiful life/loving relationship of GA/CA and Caylee that she was jealous of.

I'll never know - but I would like to know from the tatoo artist why that third dot wasn't filled in - as I assume was done PURPOSEFULLY!!!!!!!!!!

:twocents:

Yes vlpate. Appears there has been some confusion here. Reading back over the forensics report I note that the trunk was reported as dirty but was THEN vacuumed by forensics (to gather evidence).
Another thing has also caught my attention in the report. When the detectives arrived at the A's house with a search warrant, they requested that CA show them the clothes OCA was wearing quote 'when her granddaughter went missing'. CA immediately pulled the gray pants out of the closet in the bedroom and gave them the pair of black shoes. :waitasec: forgive me if I've missed something here but how did CA KNOW these were the clothes.OCA was wearing when Caylee 'went missing'?
http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf
bem: George said that is what she was wearing, so I'm sure he told her?

That's right lg. IMO one of three things has happened here:
A. The report is wrongly worded,
B. CA assumed they were asking for the clothes she had removed from the car rather than what they actually asked her ie for the clothes OCA 'was wearing when (Caylee) went missing', or
C. CA slipped up by giving them exactly what they had asked for - 'the clothes OCA was wearing' when Caylee went missing. If that's the case, my question is, how did she know that (or even assume it) if all she had done was remove them from the car?

To Cindy, Caylee was missing since June 16th, right? George told her the last time he saw Caylee and Casey, this is what Casey was wearing - makes sense to me unless I'm missing something.

To Cindy, Caylee was missing since June 16th, right? George told her the last time he saw Caylee and Casey, this is what Casey was wearing - makes sense to me unless I'm missing something.
No, appears I did! Disregard everything I said :floorlaugh:

Because she automatically assumes she knows the right answer to everything?:crazy:
...and weren't these the pinstriped gray pants that GA reported Casey was wearing when she left the house on 6/16? (Tee hee...I just read that last night in the book...so at least as reported by JA.)

I finished the audio book today and I have to agree with what I've disagreed with for months here - Cindy could have done A LOT more for Caylee. At the end of JA's book, he makes it make sense to me. I didn't put it together that they had no one who would say she was a bad mother - of course Cindy knew she was and even threatened to take Casey...so she could have helped convict her. Taking the death penalty off the table is one thing, totally ignoring Caylee, in the end, is quite another.

I still can't put myself in their shoes or ridicule their every move in the media, but I totally agree, she helped free Casey. The only reason I didn't see it was because I was looking at the case from what I knew, and not the limited amount of info the Jury had. Ashton made it make more sense.

I'm not liking her very much at the moment.

Oh, and I agree with the best line in the book -- JB's commment to Ashton about his being the toughest (expletive deleted), opponent for JB to date.... wish I could quote JA's words verbatim.... and he didn't actually say it to Baez, he thought it.... something about it being a short (expletive deleted), list. Cracked me up.

I finished the audio book today and I have to agree with what I've disagreed with for months here - Cindy could have done A LOT more for Caylee. At the end of JA's book, he makes it make sense to me. I didn't put it together that they had no one who would say she was a bad mother - of course Cindy knew she was and even threatened to take Casey...so she could have helped convict her. Taking the death penalty off the table is one thing, totally ignoring Caylee, in the end, is quite another.

I still can't put myself in their shoes or ridicule their every move in the media, but I totally agree, she helped free Casey. The only reason I didn't see it was because I was looking at the case from what I knew, and not the limited amount of info the Jury had. Ashton made it make more sense.

OMG ,all those posts we :slapfight: and :bigfight: and :ignore:

And you thought I was just being a B........:pillowfight2:

Seriously,though,watching her and reading all the discovery and depos ,it made me so angry at Cindy and sad for Caylee. She deserved better.
Maybe the reason it now rings true for you is because JA approaches the subject of CA with sympathy or empathy (as opposed to moi)

Is the audio version good to listen to? I wish Dr. Vass would write a book. Yuri Melich,too. :blushing:

Gotta throw in my :twocents:.
I couldn't even tell you what hubby wore to work Friday much less 31 days ago. I know he wore jeans, but I couldn't tell you if they were blue or black. So IMO G & C are big fat liers. They have no real clue what OCA had on. Even if she had walked out draped in the american flag they wouldn't have been able to tell you what date it happened on. Yup. Nothing but big fat liers.

I couldn't even tell you what hubby wore to work Friday much less 31 days ago. I know he wore jeans, but I couldn't tell you if they were blue or black. So IMO G & C are big fat liers. They have no real clue what OCA had on. Even if she had walked out draped in the american flag they wouldn't have been able to tell you what date it happened on. Yup. Nothing but big fat liers.

I'm not taking up for GA or CA because they freed a murderer, but I just have to state that I am ONE of those that DO notice clothing. I can tell you what my brothers and sisters wore last Christmas. It's a quirk of mine and it drives hubby batty.:crazy:

Goes to show, you really do no not know what goes inside someone else's home. Here we have the very woman who would defend her daughter by blatantly lying to a jury and the world, as one of the few people who knew OCA was a bad mother.... to the point she believed Caylee should have been removed from her.
What that says to me is that OCA was able to present herself as a very different person (and mother) the moment she set foot out of that home. And she's darn good at it. Noone else she came in contact with out in that world even had any inkling of what she was capable of.

i finished the audio book today and i have to agree with what i've disagreed with for months here - cindy could have done a lot more for caylee. At the end of ja's book, he makes it make sense to me. I didn't put it together that they had no one who would say she was a bad mother - of course cindy knew she was and even threatened to take casey...so she could have helped convict her. Taking the death penalty off the table is one thing, totally ignoring caylee, in the end, is quite another.

I still can't put myself in their shoes or ridicule their every move in the media, but i totally agree, she helped free casey. The only reason i didn't see it was because i was looking at the case from what i knew, and not the limited amount of info the jury had. Ashton made it make more sense.

very much right now sitting on hands................

Seriously,though,watching her and reading all the discovery and depos ,it made me so angry at Cindy and sad for Caylee. She deserved better.
Maybe the reason it now rings true for you is because JA approaches the subject of CA with sympathy or empathy (as opposed to moi)

Is the audio version good to listen to? I wish Dr. Vass would write a book. Yuri Melich,too. :blushing:

MissJames - Yes - another yellow butterfly changed my life too........just finished the book today of Jeff............sitting on hands still ........the hands...........they are turning BLUE!!!!!!!!!! I must go downstairs to chat@!

I would love to read what Linda Burdick, as the Lead Prosecutor, has to say about her experience on this case..One day perhaps...

A book with a combined LE effort from Melich, Allen, Wells and Nick Savage would be nice as well...imo.
A book from Linda Burdick would be my first choice...

LOL, right! I always respected your opinion though. I just don't think I thought about the fact that the jury didn't know Casey the way I knew Casey - that they weren't getting all the inside information about the fights and threats that went on. They only heard from the friends who saw the "pretend" Casey, who was whomever she needed to be at all times.

Maybe it was his empathetic approach, sort of giving her a modicum of dignity in the beginning and then zapping her in his .... "closing argument" aka Prologue... :) I do feel like it was a turning point of understanding for me why so many others 'got it' when I really did not.

Casey would probably be serving life right now had Cindy been truthful about her daughter, period. I don't think the death penalty was ever really an option.

As for the audio, I traveled four hours to and four hours from my mother's house and I loved the audio version - but I did get the kindle version for reference. He narrates his own book, which makes it more intimate. I am looking forward to the movie.

Something else I didn't realize - I did not realize Linda was the lead attorney - so I'm not that bright to begin with!

:blowkiss: !

Goes to show, you really do no not know what goes inside someone else's home. Here we have the very woman who would defend her daughter by blatantly lying to a jury and the world, as one of the few people who knew OCA was a bad mother.... to the point she believed Caylee should have been removed from her.
What that says to me is that OCA was able to present herself as a very different person (and mother) the moment she set foot out of that home. And she's darn good at it. Noone else she came in contact with out in that world even had any inkling of what she was capable of.

Doesn't surprise me at all that the people who knew Casey only a short while, and the people who only knew her with Caylee only a short while, said she was a loving mother - she was good at pretending - many sociopaths are. She couldn't, and didn't really care to hide the truth from Cindy - if Cindy tried to out her as a bad mother she'd take Caylee away, and Cindy knew that so she kept quiet. But after Caylee was dead, why not come out, loaded for bear, and scream what a neglectful, horrid mother she was?

Casey showed her the worst, she took Caylee - what did Cindy have to lose? Her psycho daughter - who has been set free and will likely, in some form or fashion. kill again....and I WILL place part of the blame for that on Cindy.

I guess I don't get what difference it makes.

Oh Geez MissJames - yeah, yeah...:blushing: call me a Pollyanna - :banghead: I never dreamed it was a bad as it was.....I'll just :ufo: again...

I guess I don't get what difference it makes.

Of course it would make a difference as far as evidence - so I do see what you are saying, I think. The clothes she actually wore on that day or the day she was putting Caylee into the trash bags would likely have evidence on them.

I love love love this book! The way he tells the story is just like being there w him. I felt so horrified when the verdict was given like so many of us were, that to read his reaction makes me feel that there is hope for me to get past the hatred that I have for each and every one of the Anthonys. I do know one thing for sure, no matter, I would have chose my grandchild and would have done right by my grandchild. No. Matter. What. No matter what. My kids know right from wrong. So did Casey, Cindy, Lee and George. I could not live w myself if I had that much blood on my hands.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back