***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have not gotten my copy yet. It is scheduled to ship today. I hope I get it before Friday and the book signing in St. Pete.

This is a but ot, but if fca tries to sue JA for slander, can he present the evidence not allowed in the trial as part of his defense? I so hope she tries. It would be her way. Nobody beats the A's.

I have not gotten my copy yet. It is scheduled to ship today. I hope I ge:floorlaugh:t it before Friday and the book signing in St. Pete. :floorlaugh:

This is a but ot, but if fca tries to sue JA for slander, can he present the evidence not allowed in the trial as part of his defense? I so hope she tries. It would be her way. Nobody beats the A's.

I think the Anthony's have put their lies in front of the media so much they have beaten themselves...to a point that no one can stand to hear from them anymore. I'd upchuck if I had to swallow one more lie from that camp.

I just finished Jeff's book - just in time for his book signing tonight in Neptune Beach, which I most assuredly will attend! Even though I own the Nook copy and the audio version, I'll purchase the hard copy so I can have an autographed copy.

I haven't been around much as the acquittal still stings but Ashton's book helps somewhat. I've missed everyone. :seeya:

I just finished Jeff's book - just in time for his book signing tonight in Neptune Beach, which I most assuredly will attend! Even though I own the Nook copy and the audio version, I'll purchase the hard copy so I can have an autographed copy.

I haven't been around much as the acquittal still stings but Ashton's book helps somewhat. I've missed everyone. :seeya:

I specifically hopped on to this thread because I saw your post - glad to see you and you've been missed! :blowkiss:

Important Announcement!!:guitar:

I hope WSers who are going out to book signings with Jeff Ashton will come back here and share your experiences. I don't think we will care if anything you say is a repeat - we won't be bored - for sure!

So please please - for those of you who are lucky enough to be able to do this, your neighbour in the true north is begging...tell all! :loveyou:

Important Announcement!!:guitar:

I hope WSers who are going out to book signings with Jeff Ashton will come back here and share your experiences. I don't think we will care if anything you say is a repeat - we won't be bored - for sure!

So please please - for those of you who are lucky enough to be able to do this, your neighbour in the true north is begging...tell all! :loveyou:

--------------
Hi Logical, I'd like to know also I'm as far north as I can go, Ohio..
I'll check out the price at Walmart. Last price was 18.95. Its so close to Christmas!:seeya:

Oh Geez MissJames - yeah, yeah...:blushing: call me a Pollyanna - :banghead: I never dreamed it was a bad as it was.....I'll just :ufo: again...

You're a kind soul. Don't change.

Of course it would make a difference as far as evidence - so I do see what you are saying, I think. The clothes she actually wore on that day or the day she was putting Caylee into the trash bags would likely have evidence on them.

For me,George being able to describe exactly what Caylee was wearing the last time he saw her was big red flag.He went into detail and it had been a month ! I couldn't tell you what anyone wore a day ago ,much less a month ago.
It was "embellished",IMO. He was already telling stories.JMO

Ok...I'm sure this must have been discussed, but with the thread being this long it may be near impossible to check...but did we know that there had been an area that was 5 inches deep and twelve inches long found dug out behind the Anthony's house? I remember the "disturbed soil" being brought up...but I hadn't realized it was this large.
Also, JA mentions that it was Jose who first appeared in Court for Casey? What about that lady public defender? Maybe he was confused?

When I read that passage in the book about the 12" long, 5" deep hole , the first thing I thought of was a temporary hiding place for the murder weapon. The bottle found near Caylee's remains? A knife? A chemical-soaked rag? We don't really know how Caylee was killed. If it was a hole to hide the murder weapon, I wonder when the evidence was removed and who removed it.

When I read that passage in the book about the 12" long, 5" deep hole , the first thing I thought of was a temporary hiding place for the murder weapon. The bottle found near Caylee's remains? A knife? A chemical-soaked rag? We don't really know how Caylee was killed. If it was a hole to hide the murder weapon, I wonder when the evidence was removed and who removed it.

The hole is not new news, it was discussed somewhere on this forum long ago. I think Casey's intent was to bury Caylee in the back yard but she discovered that shoveling was hard work and came up with plan B.

Almost finished the book. I have to say that the one thing I did get from this book was peace knowing that both LE and the prosecution knew all along the games Kc played and were on to her the whole time right from the get go. Reading in the media, I used to get so frustrated because I could assess immediately each step and lie she made up and where it was going and why she told it. I realized, they did to but had the obstacle of a really dumb jury. Baez was a real slime bucket but the law in alot of cases did not prevail even towards him. The book IMO made clear that his opening statement was clearly a lie fabricated and tested by the defense to win, period. Baez was cut from the same cloth as KC and there was a great barter happening between them. The jury experienced two very good liars, both tell different versions of stories, even things that don't make sense and go on to the next climax to confuse whoever is listening and render it difficult for them to focus and sift through the lies. It's like when someone talks alot and changes subjects constantly when your trying to follow. They were real pieces of work, I really do hope they get exactly what they gave.

Also, Cindy appeared on Dr Phil with the same garbage belief that KC did not drug Caylee etc... but JA mentions that when the defense came up with the 4.0 version of defense and the prosecution went to their lawyer to make sure they knew about what that was going to be since Jose lied, once again to their lawyer Cindy knew right than and there that KC was responsible for Caylees murder, 6 weeks before trial "what did she do" after hearing the out there accusations of June 16th. CA " I don't believe GA molested KC nor killed Caylee or was any part of it at all" BUT "I don't believe KC did it either" Make up your mind!

My book has finally shipped. I have no idea when it will arrive. In the mean time, I will continue reading Dean Koontz' "What the Night Knows". Not the same but at least it is an intriguing story.

The hole is not new news, it was discussed somewhere on this forum long ago. I think Casey's intent was to bury Caylee in the back yard but she discovered that shoveling was hard work and came up with plan B.

I used to think that, too. But I hadn't known the size of the "disturbed soil" before. I would think that using a shovel in hard ground would make a wider, more shallow indentation as a person sort of scraped away and got some space for leverage. (Hard to work with a shovel in just a 12" hole.) Since I read that it was a foot long and about a half foot deep, I don't think it was dug out with something the size of a shovel and I don't see any reason to think it was ever intended to be for something as large as a toddler's body.

I used to think that, too. But I hadn't known the size of the "disturbed soil" before. I would think that using a shovel in hard ground would make a wider, more shallow indentation as a person sort of scraped away and got some space for leverage. (Hard to work with a shovel in just a 12" hole.) Since I read that it was a foot long and about a half foot deep, I don't think it was dug out with something the size of a shovel and I don't see any reason to think it was ever intended to be for something as large as a toddler's body.

LOL - maybe you are assuming OCA had the sense to know how to dig a hole in the ground...:innocent:

LOL, I too see it the same way Logical, don't think she had any clue how big of a hole she needed to shovel nor do I think she would finish it at all, too lazy, too much work, didn't even bury her in the woods, didn't even bother with that, just threw her in a spot and left her there and let's not get into the fact that there's no way she was doing a nice chore in the backyard with that shovel or that she has any clue even how to measure anything.

I think FCA attempted to dig a hole to bury her in the backyard too. Soil was disturbed in the backyard. Post #44 here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70639&page=2

CA/GA said GA moved a plant so they could move the storage container away from the pool however, the container was still next to the pool during Greta's tour of the house. We'll never know for sure because they lie so much.

I think it's very odd that GA/CA looked under the playhouse.

IMO

I think FCA attempted to dig a hole to bury her in the backyard too. Soil was disturbed in the backyard. Post #44 here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70639&page=2

CA/GA said GA moved a plant so they could move the storage container away from the pool however, the container was still next to the pool during Greta's tour of the house. We'll never know for sure because they lie so much.

I think it's very odd that GA/CA looked under the playhouse.

IMO

I bumped up the thread about the Anthony backyard, so that we can keep this one on the topic of JA's book... :innocent:

Forgot to answer the question of George describing the last outfit he saw Caylee in. I honestly don't know - maybe he is like most victims or those who witness a horrific accident - four people can describe a scene and come up with four different scenarios.

One thing I see about George is that he is stubborn and sticks to his story for good. Comes I think as a result of being told he is "just wrong" most of his life. It's not one of his "better" qualities. But then I believe he was battling his inner voice which knew Casey was guilty of killing Caylee. But just IMO.

I'm starting the audiobook today. Can't wait - I saw the interview with the author and although I was a little tired from the case the interview sparked my interest once again.

Looking forward to reading your opinions!

I wonder what enthusuastic, positive, slightly baffled, slightly barbed, highly flattering question will follow that sensible answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back