***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what enthusuastic, positive, slightly baffled, slightly barbed, highly flattering question will follow that sensible answer.

I've been desperately trying not to say anything all day!! :great:

....and along with all you mentioned, throw in some purposeful misspelling :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I need to stop before I get into trouble, if I am not already :woohoo:

Hey guys-I got an extra copy of the book..I 'll be happy to send to anyone and they can keep it..just PM and the first one its theirs!!!

This thread is for discussion of the content of Jeff Ashton's recent book, "Imperfect Justice."

We have three-plus years' worth of threads on Caylee's forum to discuss theories about the case, debate player motivations, rehash timelines, and whatnot.

In this thread, we are discussing Ashton's book.
The thread title makes it clear that there may be spoilers here.

There is NO thread in Caylee's forum, or indeed on WS as a whole, where it is ok to bait other posters, call someone out by name, or otherwise cast aspersions on one's fellow sleuthers.

Where this post lands is random.

This thread is for discussion of the content of Jeff Ashton's recent book, "Imperfect Justice."

We have three-plus years' worth of threads on Caylee's forum to discuss theories about the case, debate player motivations, rehash timelines, and whatnot.

In this thread, we are discussing Ashton's book.
The thread title makes it clear that there may be spoilers here.

There is NO thread in Caylee's forum, or indeed on WS as a whole, where it is ok to bait other posters, call someone out by name, or otherwise cast aspersions on one's fellow sleuthers.

Where this post lands is random.

I'm so glad you got here before I did. :angel:

Alright I am giving in. I have waited for it to come down in price for Christmas
but think its low as it will go.:great: Tomorrow I will go to Walmart and buy it. By the time I pay shipping its about the same. I can no longer wait. :floorlaugh:

P.S. checked Amazon used and its out of Stock. :seeya:

Alright I am giving in. I have waited for it to come down in price for Christmas
but think its low as it will go.:great: Tomorrow I will go to Walmart and buy it. By the time I pay shipping its about the same. I can no longer wait. :floorlaugh:

P.S. checked Amazon used and its out of Stock. :seeya:

Hi nore. Check out post 1082.

I just checked my library and there are over 20 holds for JA's book and it's not even on the shelves yet. They are putting the stickers on the books now. I'm glad that so many people are interested in hearing the truth. Since I requested the book I felt I should wait and read it from the library which should be any day now. All new books go to a special section in the library which gets a lot of traffic. JA's book will be read by many people. The As will not be able to rewrite history with their lies. :)

Question:

Does JA mention why CA's 'My Caylee is Missing' was not shown to the jury? Not that it would have mattered with this jury, I'm just curious.

IMO

I just checked my library and there are over 20 holds for JA's book and it's not even on the shelves yet. They are putting the stickers on the books now. I'm glad that so many people are interested in hearing the truth. Since I requested the book I felt I should wait and read it from the library which should be any day now. All new books go to a special section in the library which gets a lot of traffic. JA's book will be read by many people. The As will not be able to rewrite history with their lies. :)

Question:

Does JA mention why CA's 'My Caylee is Missing' was not shown to the jury? Not that it would have mattered with this jury, I'm just curious.

IMO

I think JA said it was not shown to the jury because Casey's responses to it were on her own MS account and not directly on Cindy's...therefore they could not be proven to be a conversation. (Casey replied something along the lines of "everyone lies, everyone dies, what can be given can be taken away.")

Linda did question Cindy about the meaning of that post, and Cindy said, on the stand, that she meant Caylee was missing from her life, not missing from the earth. That was when Cindy was testifying as to how Casey was stringing her along with lies for 31 days.

I do know he addressed it in the book.

I got a library copy of the book yesterday afternoon, hunkered down with it after supper and when I finished I looked up and it was midnight!

While it was painful to rehash the whole experience, it was helpful to look at it through Jeff's eyes.

I do think he was entirely too kind to Cindy throughout, though. George really wanted to be honest, at least in the beginning (i.e., the interview with the detectives, sans Cindy), but in the end, his fear of Cindy outweighed his love for Caylee. And Cindy's desire to micro-manage everyone's lives and keep up the public facade of some sort of "perfect family" outweighed her love for Caylee (in my humble opinion). So to say George and Cindy drank willingly of the "Casey Kool-Aid" makes light of Cindy's role in this whole farce. I have to respectfully disagree with Jeff about that.

Otherwise, it was a good read. I got a huge laugh out of Jeff's take on Leonard Padilla! "Like some freeloading distant cousin, once he moved in, you couldn't get rid of him." LOL
:rolleyes:

I think JA said it was not shown to the jury because Casey's responses to it were on her own MS account and not directly on Cindy's...therefore they could not be proven to be a conversation. (Casey replied something along the lines of "everyone lies, everyone dies, what can be given can be taken away.")

Linda did question Cindy about the meaning of that post, and Cindy said, on the stand, that she meant Caylee was missing from her life, not missing from the earth. That was when Cindy was testifying as to how Casey was stringing her along with lies for 31 days.

I do know he addressed it in the book.

I can't remember what he said about that in the book. I need to read it again I guess. LOL
I do know at the book signing something was ask about Cindy and why they didn't use her for more confirmation of how OCA really was and he said they could have showed alot about OCA through Cindy's testimony but because Cindy changed her story 1000x, she was not a witness that they could trust.

I got a library copy of the book yesterday afternoon, hunkered down with it after supper and when I finished I looked up and it was midnight!

While it was painful to rehash the whole experience, it was helpful to look at it through Jeff's eyes.

I do think he was entirely too kind to Cindy throughout, though. George really wanted to be honest, at least in the beginning (i.e., the interview with the detectives, sans Cindy), but in the end, his fear of Cindy outweighed his love for Caylee. And Cindy's desire to micro-manage everyone's lives and keep up the public facade of some sort of "perfect family" outweighed her love for Caylee (in my humble opinion). So to say George and Cindy drank willingly of the "Casey Kool-Aid" makes light of Cindy's role in this whole farce. I have to respectfully disagree with Jeff about that.

Otherwise, it was a good read. I got a huge laugh out of Jeff's take on Leonard Padilla! "Like some freeloading distant cousin, once he moved in, you couldn't get rid of him." LOL
:rolleyes:
...and I had forgotten that LP had revoked Casey's bond which got her sent back to the slammer (???). He said they had an idea of who may have bailed her out again, but no confirmation. I wouldn't mind hearing who it MAY have been.

Way back in the discussion of this book someone posted that Ashton mentions that Frank George did not like the juror Jennifer Ford. I have not received the book yet and wondered if he indicated why he did not like her. Anyone?

Way back in the discussion of this book someone posted that Ashton mentions that Frank George did not like the juror Jennifer Ford. I have not received the book yet and wondered if he indicated why he did not like her. Anyone?

it wasnt indicated as to why in the book. I was "glad" to hear it, I too didnt like her from jury selection ....I was way more nervous about her than juror number four. ask my buddies from chat :loveyou: they had to talk me around and I kept telling myself oh whatever, no 12 people on earth are that stupid :blushing:

it wasnt indicated as to why in the book. I was "glad" to hear it, I too didnt like her from jury selection ....I was way more nervous about her than juror number four. ask my buddies from chat :loveyou: they had to talk me around and I kept telling myself oh whatever, no 12 people on earth are that stupid :blushing:

We know who you are and yes - be in chat next week with us when our VERY special guest is on and you can "trout slap" me!!! :floorlaugh: BTW, did you get a divorce Mrs. you know who!!!!!!!??? :great:

For me,George being able to describe exactly what Caylee was wearing the last time he saw her was big red flag.He went into detail and it had been a month ! I couldn't tell you what anyone wore a day ago ,much less a month ago.
It was "embellished",IMO. He was already telling stories.JMO

I am not so sure Miss James. The last time I seen my 8 year old niece was 3 weeks ago & she was wearing a black roxy T with her little blue jeans. The last time I saw her 13 year old sister she was wearing a black long sleeve apostle shirt with black jeans.
Why do I remember this??? I think it's because it was the last time I saw them.
I'd love to read JA's book one day. It sounds like a great read.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book and my respect for Jeff Ashton continues to grow. The time and effort that went into this is impressive, and honestly I just want to strangle Baez already and we haven't gotten to the trial!

I'm so glad he wrote this book. I was so distressed after the trial, but somehow this makes me feel better, reading about all these people who DID care, who tried hard to get justice for Caylee.

Tink

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book and my respect for Jeff Ashton continues to grow. The time and effort that went into this is impressive, and honestly I just want to strangle Baez already and we haven't gotten to the trial!

I'm so glad he wrote this book. I was so distressed after the trial, but somehow this makes me feel better, reading about all these people who DID care, who tried hard to get justice for Caylee.

Tink

Yup. Just finished chapter 17 today, audiobook. When JA describes Baez my inside turns... I also like the way he crushes Leonard Padilla and shows how unethical the both of them are. My memory was refreshed when it comes to the endless changes in the defense team and all their depositions in court. I truly believe this was a strategic move to create chaos and shift focus from CA.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum