***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA and more than that, people like that dont belong on any jury at all IMO. no heart no brains.

not everyone is sensitive like me, I fully get that. my husband has long since resigned to hugging me when I am crying about something (such as yesterday when I burst into tears over the pic in ahston's book of someone sifting through dirt to find pieces of caylee) and shaking his head (affectionately) cause he isnt like me....BUT. he would have absolutely showed a reaction to two photos such as LDB showed in her OS. he would not have cried like me but the flinch would have absolutely been there. and believe me when I say that while my husband is a good person, he's one of the least emotional people I've ever known.

...........with the bluest blue eyes...........:crazy:

The first thing that ran through my mind when I read that in the book was that there was no way this was true. If it were, she would have jumped all over that quickly so that she could once and for all get rid of her dad. What a perfect way to facilitate her goal of getting her dad out of her mom and her lives. She didn't say it on June 16 because that is not what happened.

IMO

Agree - I think OCA takes a bit of something that happened to her once upon a time and builds a story around it - how often would CA have told OCA to help Caylee out of the pool and get her bath ready, and gotten the top half of what she was wearing wet? Easy for her to take that bit and say it happened to George.

As Bill Sheaffer says in his latest video comment on Ashton's book - the one thing you can depend on is that when OCA is backed into a corner, a newer. bigger, shinier lie will appear.

The drowning didn't happen. There is no evidence to support it and much to deny it. The drowning didn't happen. Why is anyone finally believing OCA lies? Because she and her defense team said it often enough? What's up with that? :crazy:

After reading JA's book and his comments about how little involved Cheney Mason was (i.e. his boredom notes to prosecutor, his comments to judge that it's Beaz show, etc.), coupled with the fact that he was not involved from the beginning, I have to really wonder what exactly Cheney Mason plans to write a book about?

bm
How much he thought of Casey as a grand-daughter...?????

He said he took this case pro bono and has lost about $600,000...

IMO...He was there because it was a death penalty case and Baez NEEDED a DP qualified attorney as part of the team...yet it was Baez and Casey who ran the show...
:twocents:

:waitasec: Doesn't everybody want to get the inside story on the important murder trial matters that CM spent his time and expertise on? i.e. how many ceiling tiles and recessed lights there were?

Maybe he can tell us how he and even Dorothy Clay Sims, IMO, became the sidekicks to a rookie lawyer.

Agree - I think OCA takes a bit of something that happened to her once upon a time and builds a story around it - how often would CA have told OCA to help Caylee out of the pool and get her bath ready, and gotten the top half of what she was wearing wet? Easy for her to take that bit and say it happened to George.

As Bill Sheaffer says in his latest video comment on Ashton's book - the one thing you can depend on is that when OCA is backed into a corner, a newer. bigger, shinier lie will appear.

The drowning didn't happen. There is no evidence to support it and much to deny it. The drowning didn't happen. Why is anyone finally believing OCA lies? Because she and her defense team said it often enough? What's up with that? :crazy:

I believe she duct taped her.
I believe the 4.0 seed was planted by Cindy.

IMO, the jury didn't fall for OCA's lies. In a weird kind of way, even THAT would have been more reassuring than what they did, because it would mean that they actually thought about something, anything, that came up during the trial.

After reading JA's account, it is painfully obvious that the jury paid no real attention whatsoever. They apparently kept waiting for the single, "one piece of evidence" (straight out of juror 3's mouth) that would explain everything to them. The when, how, and why and and where of Caylee's murder,all wrapped up in one piece of evidence and explained to them in single syllable words they could understand.

I get why some are finding peace from JA's book. He makes it clear that mistakes were made in his case, yes, and that multiple Ants either committed perjury or came awfully darn close, yes, and that JB is a dishonest slimeball who crossed over the line countless times, yes.... on and on.

BUT, what I hear JA saying is that while all those things matter individually and combined, even if none of them had been at play, the verdict would almost certainly have been the same, given this jury. Nothing else could have been done to make it different.

BBM The Perfect Storm. :cry:

Thoughts about the book keep popping up while i'm doing other things.

One small thing- JA went over the DT's "experts," but I don't think he mentioned the grief lady at all. I wonder why?

Second, I get the distinct impression from the book that JA never could get in the mind of OCA. That nightmare experience is probably impossible for anyone, but it is telling to me that even JA, who knew everything that could be found out about her, and who was immersed first-hand in all things OCA for years, still could not drill his way through all the sickness that is there.

Thoughts about the book keep popping up while i'm doing other things.

One small thing- JA went over the DT's "experts," but I don't think he mentioned the grief lady at all. I wonder why?

Second, I get the distinct impression from the book that JA never could get in the mind of OCA. That nightmare experience is probably impossible for anyone, but it is telling to me that even JA, who knew everything that could be found out about her, and who was immersed first-hand in all things OCA for years, still could not drill his way through all the sickness that is there.

He probably left the grief lady out because he didn't want his book relegated to the comic section in the bookstores.

Ashton mentions the suprise suprise video in his book. I will have to go back and read what he said.

To me, Casey looked so strange in that video where she says, suprise suprise that it haunted me for the longest time. Something was guilty about that look.

After hearing what Ashton said about 4.0, I ask myself had she already formulated 4.0 at that time? Or, did Cindy plant the seed that evolved into 4.0?

I honestly don't care when, why, or where anymore. Caylee is gone and FCA got off. It is sickening. The jury didn't care. The parents and brother didn't care (enough).

It bugged me too, there was very little emotion in it, seemed like she was in thought... As I recall, she didn't make eye contact when she said it..

He probably left the grief lady out because he didn't want his book relegated to the comic section in the bookstores.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

(now you've had me cry AND laugh in the same day!)

I just have a quick question for those who've read the book.

I remember reading on this thread that JA says that AF had some kind of regrets about joining the DT. Did he explain what the regrets were and why?

Thank you!

I believe she duct taped her.
I believe the 4.0 seed was planted by Cindy.

When OCA was first in jail - wasn't one of her cellmates a mother whose small child died in her back yard pool? I seem to remember that.

I'm not sure we can give Cindy credit for passing the drowning tidbit to OCA in the video. For anyone who has a pool in their backyard and a small child - drowning in that pool to me would be the very first explanation a person would come up with for why a child was dead.

I just have a quick question for those who've read the book.

I remember reading on this thread that JA says that AF had some kind of regrets about joining the DT. Did he explain what the regrets were and why?

Thank you!

Yes.. she told JA privately she regretted getting involved because of the lack of coherant management on the defense team and referred to it as an insane situation.

The first thing that ran through my mind when I read that in the book was that there was no way this was true. If it were, she would have jumped all over that quickly so that she could once and for all get rid of her dad. What a perfect way to facilitate her goal of getting her dad out of her mom and her lives. She didn't say it on June 16 because that is not what happened.

IMO

Your absolutely right.
She wasn't quick enough in the mind to come up with that story. She was stuck on ZFG story because she thought she could bs her way through it all. I can pretty much assure you that she and Baez cooked up the GA story together.

Yes.. she told JA privately she regretted getting involved because of the lack of coherant management on the defense team and referred to it as an insane situation.

Thank You. I was kinda hoping it was because she was so disgusted by Casey. Oh well...

Thank You. I was kinda hoping it was because she was so disgusted by Casey. Oh well...

Well... thats probably a given.. who wouldn't be? :floorlaugh:

I doubt she would admit something like that with the attorney/client relationship.

I really truly believe that we haven't heard the last of crazy KC. I'm happy that the book was written and that JA has beat everyone to the punch in regards to publishing the book and getting a deal with Fox and revealing this **** for who she really is. I just have always felt that this "freedom" is not really freedom. She is one of the most hated people in the world and when I say world I mean everywhere. One fine day, I sense we will see true justice served. In the meantime, she can't work, no one will hire her, all the money she could make would go back to her debts, she can't walk down the street without looking over her shoulder, she can't go anywhere near her parents house for support nor old friends and I really don't think people who have heard this story will ever forget it, it won't matter how much time passes, so I think she would have been better off in jail.

I also definitely think that Cindy gave her the perfect story when asking KC if Caylee drowned. Also since chlroform was found, the pool theory fit perfectly. I also want to mention that we used to have an astrology thread on this case and I went back into it to read the first interpretations when the case broke. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that on here but please read what Housemouse and Soulscape wrote in 2008. It will blow your mind and it now makes total sense about why the DT and KC brought the sexual accusations into this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back