Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Leila! I guess maybe the other attorneys were granted special permission since it dealt with the innocence of a wrongfully convicted person....but couldn't they have done that while the man was still alive instead?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and I am waiting on Brodsky any minute to file with the State Bar against the Divorce Attorney, if that is the case.

Thanks, Leila! I guess maybe the other attorneys were granted special permission since it dealt with the innocence of a wrongfully convicted person....but couldn't they have done that while the man was still alive instead?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and I am waiting on Brodsky any minute to file with the State Bar against the Divorce Attorney, if that is the case.

I'm wondering about all the legal manipulations here. Attorneys consider the attorney-client privilege sacred and wouldn't violate it without a court order waiving that privilege.

A minister/counselor also considers what a parishioner tells him privileged. But in this case we've seen Stacy's pastor come forward with information, some of which he declines to relate publicly, but which he has shared with the police. And now, this attorney has come forward, and again he confirms that Stacy contacted him twice the week prior to her disappearance, but didn't elaborate on what was stated in their conversation other than a dissolution was discussed. I think we can reasonably assume that he's shared more with the police and possibly the grand jury.

I feel that in order to discuss what is considered privileged and confidential information with the authorities, both the pastor and now the attorney must have had a court order waiving that privilege.

In the case of the attorney, who represented Kathleen Savio, and was possibly going to be representing Stacy, I'm sure there's information that will aid in building a case against DP.

I wish they could arrest DP already, he should not be walking the streets.

I don't have a link, but I read that their client - the man who was actually guilty - had given them permission to go to the authorities when he died - that is, he waived the privilege.

I'm wondering about all the legal manipulations here. Attorneys consider the attorney-client privilege sacred and wouldn't violate it without a court order waiving that privilege.

A minister/counselor also considers what a parishioner tells him privileged. But in this case we've seen Stacy's pastor come forward with information, some of which he declines to relate publicly, but which he has shared with the police. And now, this attorney has come forward, and again he confirms that Stacy contacted him twice the week prior to her disappearance, but didn't elaborate on what was stated in their conversation other than a dissolution was discussed. I think we can reasonably assume that he's shared more with the police and possibly the grand jury.

I feel that in order to discuss what is considered privileged and confidential information with the authorities, both the pastor and now the attorney must have had a court order waiving that privilege.

In the case of the attorney, who represented Kathleen Savio, and was possibly going to be representing Stacy, I'm sure there's information that will aid in building a case against DP.

Would the attorney/client privilege kick in PRIOR to Stacy actually "retaining" him for services? In other words, if she never actually hired him, but just gave him a call "as a friend", wouldn't it be okay for him to relay that info to the police? I'm trying to recall another case...this happened before, but I can't remember the circumstances. But in THAT case, the attorney was never formally hired, and he provided info to the police, which ultimately led to the perp. It was a case a few years back in California, but that's all I remember. If anyone remembers this, help me out here.

Another point I'd like to make, JB jumped up and down when the pastor revealed some things Stacy told him, and will most likely do the same with this divorce attorney (if he hasn't already). But what's the difference in this, and the fact that "Dr. Dan" publicly announced he's "treating/seeing" the Peterson family?? Isn't THAT a breach of confidentiality?

Another point I'd like to make, JB jumped up and down when the pastor revealed some things Stacy told him, and will most likely do the same with this divorce attorney (if he hasn't already). But what's the difference in this, and the fact that "Dr. Dan" publicly announced he's "treating/seeing" the Peterson family?? Isn't THAT a breach of confidentiality?

No, that was approved spin by Peterson. LOL!

I don't have a link, but I read that their client - the man who was actually guilty - had given them permission to go to the authorities when he died - that is, he waived the privilege.
Thanks! I should have followed that one closer so I would have known! (Who knew it would ever come up?! LOL)

I tell ya, the Brodsky/Peterson camp just draws their wagons in a circle and shoots at whatever moves. Reminds me of a bad western.

Would the attorney/client privilege kick in PRIOR to Stacy actually "retaining" him for services? In other words, if she never actually hired him, but just gave him a call "as a friend", wouldn't it be okay for him to relay that info to the police? I'm trying to recall another case...this happened before, but I can't remember the circumstances. But in THAT case, the attorney was never formally hired, and he provided info to the police, which ultimately led to the perp. It was a case a few years back in California, but that's all I remember. If anyone remembers this, help me out here.

The way I read the paragraph below, I think the attorney-client privilege kicks in upon contact......................

The confidential communication covered by this privilege may be written or oral. But it must occur under the existence of legal counsel being sought by the client. This also covers the initial consultation a client seeks from a potential attorney. Even if further counsel is not sought, the privilege remains. Attorney-client privilege even extends beyond the death of a client and will only be waived under those circumstances in very rare cases.

http://www.essortment.com/all/attorneyclient_ritc.htm

Even if the attorney client privilege kicks in at contact..as far as Kathleen goes no one in her immediate family is going to dispute her attorney talking now. The GJ would have given the attorney the right to go ahead if there was no objection with the family. I feel they probably did the same with Stacy. Cass was the first person to mention she knew Stacy had a meeting with the attorney on Monday. I am sure Cass knew all the details too. So the GJ probably granted the attorney leeway in that privilege as it was in the best interest of his client..not the worst. So Drew and Brodsky can try to holler and yell on that deal, but it won't fly..because an attorney client privilege is to protect the client..not the attorney or any other party. That isn't the case here that he would be doing his past clients harm in divulging this info.
JMHO

At the end of February Mark Jensen's trial ended and he got LWOP. I mention this because to me anyway these two cases are very similiar. I think that because they allowed Julie's letter she left with a neighbor and her comments to be used as evidence in court. Her letter was that she felt her husband was trying to murder her. If she went missing or dead to please look at him for the motive.

Well Drew..your days are numbered. Women evidently are now allowed to speak from the grave through letters and info they gave others before their death. Sound familiar Drew. You are going down buddy, you are going down.
JMHO

I was just reading over at FSP site and Sharon, Stacy's dear neighbor, has put a sign in her front yard and side windows that face Drew's house that are missing posters for Stacy.

Some over there are concerned for Drew's children seeing the signs. But many, and I happen to agree with them, are saying they hope the children see the signs so they know that people are still searching for their Mom and won't stop until she is found. I agree with that, esspecially for the 13 and 14 year old with their upcoming GJ appearance.

Drew has told them their Mom ran off...they need to know that she would never have just abandoned them and that people care and are looking for her. His story to them that she ran off with another man is hurtful to them as young teens. Which if you are hurt enough by that story you may be coached by DP into saying exactly what he wants before a GJ. Which is probably what happened the first time. These boys don't like hearing it on the news because it hurts them still I am sure. So someone needs to keep it in Drew's face and the boys that Stacy did not take off with another man and leave her family voluntarily. Kudos for Sharon for having the grit and gumption to not back down to Drew. JMHO

I can appreciate the neighbor's views. The 13 and 14 year olds know what's happening, but I don't think Stacy's young children need this. They're too young to understand and don't need to be exposed to a sign reminding them of their loss.

I can appreciate the neighbor's views. The 13 and 14 year olds know what's happening, but I don't think Stacy's young children need this. They're too young to understand and don't need to be exposed to a sign reminding them of their loss.
I have to agree with you, Trino. It is one thing for the older children to see the signs, but the younger ones will be terribly confused as they just see their mother's photo staring at them. I would imagine it would be very frightening for them. Sharon should remove them for the sake of the young ones, imo.

I don't think that the two youngest children even realize there has been a loss, but feel confused with Stacy's absence. The sign/s in my opinion are in poor taste.

I have to agree with you, Trino. It is one thing for the older children to see the signs, but the younger ones will be terribly confused as they just see their mother's photo staring at them. I would imagine it would be very frightening for them. Sharon should remove them for the sake of the young ones, imo.
Agreed, like I replied to Trino, in poor taste IMO.

ETA: I assume that Tom had a birthday as DP said he was 15.

Agreed, like I replied to Trino, in poor taste IMO.
It makes me wonder if it is Sharon that has them up. Did anyone clarify that? Last I read, it was stated as a neighbor but didn't say which one. I find it very strange Sharon wouldn't take the young ones into consideration. She seemed to be the one with some tact and class in this case and as you did point out, TG...very poor taste to do this.

FYI FROM THE FSP SITE:
http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bujqvthjobomjpjel8c9fr1q95&topic=4267.70

SNIP/
Re: Sharon's new yard sign
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »

Here is the sign...
findher.jpg

/SNIP

I edited out the comments from the posts, but it is Sharon's yard.

I think the sign should be twice as big.

It is Drew's job as a parent to be a role model for his children
and to explain to them where their mother is and why she is gone.

The only thing in poor taste is that Drew likely murdered Stacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces