Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL Part 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The things we know about Kathleen's drowning.

Laceration to head- I have seen reports that said the laceration was on the top of the head, and that it was on the back of the head
Head was wet with blood
Small amount of blood in the bathtub
Police theorized that water in the tub drained out
COD drowning

Problems with that theory
When the heartbeat stops, bleeding stops- so how did the blood end up in the tub?
Blood was not diluted like there had been water in the tub according to juror

Question on positioning. Was Kathleen found face up or face down? If face down, how did she manage to fall that way with a laceration on the back/top of her head?
Where was lividity?
According to family members she was face down. Kathleen had thick, dark hair. If she hit her head on something, seems at least a few hairs would be stuck to the surface, but think about it, if she was taking a bath, what could she have hit the BACK of her head on that hard and landed face forward. People don't usually take a bath with their backs to the faucet.

According to family members she was face down. Kathleen had thick, dark hair. If she hit her head on something, seems at least a few hairs would be stuck to the surface, but think about it, if she was taking a bath, what could she have hit the BACK of her head on that hard and landed face forward. People don't usually take a bath with their backs to the faucet.

The only way I can think of is that she stood up, slipped, feel backward hitting her head. Then dazed she attempted to get up again and fell forward/face down.

mahmoo:

We don't know that for a fact yet as it has been rumored that Drew dated Stacy's older sister. Until more facts come in, it might be that Drew did know Stacy and her mother before the mother disappeared.

I'm new to WS so I may have missed this, but do we know which sister DP dated? And also, does anyone else think that it's a little weird to date sisters? :waitasec: They're plenty of women in the Chicago metro area.

a4j

If you hit the back of your head, you would usually fall face forward. If hit on the top of the head you would drop down but may end up falling either backward or forward. But what would you hit with the top of your head hard enough to cause a laceration and unconciousness?

The only way I can think of is that she stood up, slipped, feel backward hitting her head. Then dazed she attempted to get up again and fell forward/face down.

Good answer, that is possible.

I've been thinking about why DP chose that particular day to make Stacey 'disappear'. According to articles, Stacey had been conversing with Pam (I think) about possibly renting one of her properties.

IIRC, The place Stacey was going to help paint was one that had previously been painted for their brother, but because he went back to jail, he was no longer going to need it. They were preparing it back to it's normal state (white walls) to be leased again. Maybe DP felt that they were actually painting the apt/home for Stacey to move into. So, thinking another divorce was looming, he took care of it before it got to that point.
Just a theory.

I'm new to WS so I may have missed this, but do we know which sister DP dated? And also, does anyone else think that it's a little weird to date sisters? :waitasec: They're plenty of women in the Chicago metro area.

a4j

Weird, yes. But I have known it to happen- both with dating and with marriage.

Question on positioning. Was Kathleen found face up or face down? If face down, how did she manage to fall that way with a laceration on the back/top of her head?
Where was lividity?
I believe I heard Dr. Baden say last night the report mentioned she was face down and there was lividity to prove that she had been in this position for an extended period of time.

DREW IS A SUSPECT! Finally! I am amazed how long it takes them and how much evidence it does take anymore to avoid naming them so they don't invoke their rights. (Altho...it seems he invoked his immediately anyway...so what is the difference?)

I saw Savio's nephew on Greta last night announce the exhumation of Kathleen's body. Very good news. There will be more answers to the family's many questions, hopefully. They deserve justice.

I wonder if they will begin to look into the disappearance of Stacey's mother during the course of the investigations going on now and in light of what has transpired the past few days? I think they need to revisit this. He could very well have been involved.

Has Equusearch found anything at all? I am limited right now on my news and WS reports. Help!

I've been thinking about why DP chose that particular day to make Stacey 'disappear'. According to articles, Stacey had been conversing with Pam (I think) about possibly renting one of her properties.

IIRC, The place Stacey was going to help paint was one that had previously been painted for their brother, but because he went back to jail, he was no longer going to need it. They were preparing it back to it's normal state (white walls) to be leased again. Maybe DP felt that they were actually painting the apt/home for Stacey to move into. So, thinking another divorce was looming, he took care of it before it got to that point.
Just a theory.
She had an appointment with a divorce attorney on Monday which he needed to prevent. Maybe things would have come out that even her family didn't know.

I'm new to WS so I may have missed this,
but do we know which sister DP dated?
And also, does anyone else think that it's a little weird to date sisters? :waitasec: They're plenty of women in the Chicago metro area.
a4j
There has been talk that he may have dated Stacy's older sister Tina who died last year I believe in Sept. from Colon Cancer at the age of 30.

Good answer, that is possible.
I was trying to think of ways she could've hurt herself too, but I think we are wasting our time. Maybe we should try to think about what he hit her with. My best guess would be his police baton. He'd threatened her with it before.

If he in fact did date her sister, would make for more of a case to look into the mother's disappearance...because it increases the chances he did know her before he dated Stacey. It also increases the chance he was dating Stacey long before her 17th birthday, too...which has been my theory all along.

*Stacey's timeline:
---1982 Christie Cales' daughter dies in a house fire
Addition to timeline

---1985 Drew Peterson fired from Bolingbrook PD for soliciting drugs in exhange for information about his agency.

---1986 Drew Peterson reinstated to Bolingbrook PD

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/6...103007.article
---1987 Christie Cales' child died of SIDS

---4-28-1993, Kathleen Savio visits the Hinsdale Hospital ER

http://www.amw.com/pdf/petersonemergency.pdf

---3/11/1998- Christie Marie Cales goes missing from Blue Island IL at age 40.
http://doenetwork.org/cases/2263dfil.html

---Stacey meets drew when she is 17 years old.

---11-14-2002, Kathleen Savio writes letter to States Attorney

http://www.amw.com/pdf/petersonletter.pdf

---3-11-2002, Kathleen Savio files Order of Protection

http://www.amw.com/pdf/peter001.PDF

---DP and Kathleen Savio's divorce is finalized on October 10th 2003. They did not, however, finalize the property settlement at this time.

---They marry on October 18th 2003.

---Kathleen Savio drowns in her bathtub on 3/1/2004.

---10-17-2007 Stacey sends "marriage somewhat abusive" email to Steve Cesare.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanb....2.482031.html

---Sunday, Oct 28th SP goes missing. The last person to speak to her, other than DP, is Bruce Zidarich. The conversation takes place over the cell phone at 10 AM. She makes tentative plans to paint a house with Bruce and her sister Cassandra. Cassandra does not come through, and Bruce finally calls SP at 4PM to ask her if they can just paint tomorrow. He gets her voicemail.

---Oct. 29: Stacy Peterson is reported missing after not showing up at her sister's home.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...t ab01_layout

---Cassandra Cales reports Stacy missing at 4 AM on Oct 29th, 2007. She first goes to Downers Grove PD, who direct her to Bolingbrook PD. Within hours of the report being taken, Illinois State Police takes the lead in the missing person investigation.

---Oct. 30: State's Atty. James Glasgow says he is re-examining Savio's death.

---Nov 1st, 2007: Police execute the first of many search warrants at the DP/SP residence. Cadaver dogs get a "hit" in the bedroom, and in one of the cars.

---Nov. 1 2007: Stacy Peterson's family says she wanted a divorce and was afraid for her safety.

---Nov. 6: Volunteers from a private group called Texas EquuSearch join effort to locate Stacy Peterson

---Nov. 7: Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil disputes ruling that the death of Kathleen Savio, Sgt. Drew Peterson's third wife, was an accident.

--- Nov. 9th, 2007- Police call press conference and name Drew Peterson an official suspect in the investigation of the disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson.

I was trying to think of ways she could've hurt herself too, but I think we are wasting our time. Maybe we should try to think about what he hit her with. My best guess would be his police baton. He'd threatened her with it before.
At one point, he had bashed her head into the dining table. It is possible he used a fixed object instead of a weapon such as a doorframe, a table, even the bathtub itself or the fixtures. He obviously staged the scene so he had time to clean up before anyone became aware she was dead.

Maybe SP knew what really happened to Kathleen and she threatened to expose DP? Therefore DP had to silence her?

This is exactly what we were thinking on the thread. I absolutely believe that SP couldn't have NOT known that DP was responsible for Kathleen's death. He knew this, and if she left him, she would tell.:mad:

Just a theory.

A good theory and one that could have come into it. But she also had an appt with an attorney for the next day, they argued that am, and since there are questions about illegal activities as a police officer- no one knows what the husband could be up to better than a wife. Also I thought I saw somewhere that family said they thought Stacy might be questioning how Kathleen died.

Also, and this is speculation. She was young, he was older, jealous and obsessed with her. When he left before, he always knew there would be someone else- or he already had someone else. This time, maybe not. And he would lose that ego booster of young pretty wife that he was obsessed with. A common attitude in obsessed men is that if they can't have them, can't no one have them.

So he may have had a lot of reasons for not wanting a divorce.

In her letter to the prosecutor, didn't she mention that he had chased her with the police baton once?

I am so glad that creep has been named a suspect. I just hope they can figure out where he put Stacey.

I don't think Stacey knew he killed her, imo. I don't think a 17yo is going to know something like that and pretend it never happened. She would have let it slip. Besides, she didn't appear to be that type of person. I can see her helping Drew video tape incidents, but only because Drew was feeding her tons of lies about Kathleen and her treatment of him (and probably his children, too). We all know that Drew always blames everyone else for his problems and he would have made them all Kathleen's fault.

On your timeline, Mssheila~ We don't know for a fact he met Stacey after she turned 17. : )

I think we're forgetting something here. Even if DP's third wife is deemed homicide, DP must be connected to the murder to be prosecuted. What evidence (Devil's advocate) connects him to her murder? Who's a witness? I think all that will come of this is that she was murdered.

Perhaps if the children were willing to testify about their dad being in the house despite the fact that he didn't have permission or the ability to enter legally, that would go a long way to substantiating Kathleen Savio's (KS) claims in her letter to the District Attorney. You're right, though; it would be a tough case to prove since several years have passed and crucial evidence may have been lost as a result. However, if the DA is able to obtain an indictment against DP for SP's murder (assuming she is deceased), the DA may be able to use information from the KS case in the SP trial.

I'm praying for justice for Kathleen as well as for Stacy. I read the letter she wrote to the District Attorney and it was chilling! You could feel her terror and utter helplessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap