State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is sickening (am I allowed to say that, it is my opinion) or maybe I should say his words are-- and him being a judge. After what I heard him say on HLN this afternoon I think he has a crush on Jodi. The best yet, Judge Seidlin as much as said the defense should have free range (because she is going to be convicted) and Juan should be reprimanded for abusing Jodi on the stand. Well I feel if Juan did not dot all the I's and cross all the T's Jodi could get off. It is still not a given that she will be convicted, nothing is written in stone. my opinion only.

He also criticized the Judge in JA's case of having no control over her courtroom too. Pretty rich considering how he handled himself in ANS's case.

You are absolutely correct. That is why I wrote IMO. Usually when slicing something, the start of the slice is deeper, hence my opinion. The hesitation wound right above helped me form my opinion. :seeya:

Just fyi, Dr Horn testified there were no hesitation cuts on Travis' neck.

Also noted that JA had a perfect score on verbal comprehension.

It's not just anyone who would use the word "whoredoms" in email messages to female rivals.

I must admit, through this trial, I have had to look up more terms and phrases, and google more photos. I think I have brought my self pretty current. It's been fascinating in some ways, the religious aspect of it forced me to really delve into that and learn about those nuances...and his work to fully understand where everyone was coming from.

I heard many people discussing the Casey Anthony trial so I watched a documentary about the case yesterday and some jurors stated there was not enough evidence to convict CA in the post-trial interview. I've been following the JA trial but not the CA trial and I think all the evidences against JA are more than enough and I also think the defense tries really hard to work on the "reasonable doubt". For those who follow both trials, can you please leave some comments?

Does anyone know if the jurors made any money for interviews, other than the one who got a first class trip to Disneyland for she and her family. And does anyone know what happened to the juror who (it was reported) wanted 6 figures for his interview, did he get it. PLEASE if anyone could answer I would really appreciate it, as I have my own opinion on their verdict. moo

Well someone on this board very astutely observed JA during Juan's cross examination about having the knife in her hand ... that when she was testifying about grasping the knife, she used her right hand to (inadvertently) demonstrate holding a knife in her hand.

I think that spoke volumes ... JMO ... well it is (at least) interesting.

That would also correlate with the oblique angles of some of the stab wounds. I had forgotten that.

May 5th, I'll fast.
Man, we need that guilty verdict.
I am sick of Jodi and her art and her tweets, everything about her :banghead:

What if the jury comes back with a verdict on Friday, May 3rd itself? I will definitely need a drink that day.

JA has done more things to prolong her legal proceedings since the day she was arrested. And even more during this trial. Between her testimony, headaches, hunger and general absurdities, one would think she is trying to avoid prison. IMO, she prefers the county lockup where she enjoys the rights of the UNconvicted. Since she likes the word "Slammed" so much, how about putting her in the death row slammer. She needs a reality slam badly.

Amen to that.

All you say here is entirely possible imo. The only thing I don't believe could have happened this way is BBM below; I think Travis hair was way short to grasp.
:seeya:

You're assuming that he is holding up his head. The photo shows only part of Jodi's foot. You can't see either of her arms. One of her hands could be grabbing TA's hair and lifting his head slightly up while the other could be lifting up his right arm. In her high adrenaline state, she may have tried to move him around at an awkward angle, but then she regained her focus and dragged him by the feet toward the shower stall.

Furthermore, the blood is clearly gushing from the neck area. Unlikely this amount of blood would be coming from the small gunshot wound or the knife wound to the chest. Also telling is the limp state of his foot. Most people just ignore it for some reason. But look at it -- it's in the kind of position that you would expect from a corpse. A conscious man who was lifting up his head and defending himself with his right arm would have feet pointed more toward the ceiling, not to the extreme sides. Try this out for yourself. Lay down on the floor flat and pretend that you're fighting off an attacker. Now note your feet. Your feet will respond to your torso movements, pointing the toes upward. Now just relax yourself. Your resting will cause your toes to point to the sides. This is also true for corpses.

Will they deliberate over the weekend or begin again Monday?

So they even have photos of juror #8 now. Well they say it's him. I don't know. I hope he doesn't say a word till this is over. I don't think he will.

Graphic description:

I would say no, for this reason. The superior vena cava is cut, so less blood is flowing into the right heart, therefore less blood is flowing through his left heart per beat. Add to that that there is less blood available over time for his heart to eject. The heart speeds up trying to meet his physical needs, but the stroke volume is decreasing, so the carotid spurting is decreasing in volume over time. That tv program showing a carotid spurt is exaggerated. Don't go by that. And in this case, expect a smaller than normal arterial spurt due to previous blood loss and a cut superior vena cava that supplies blood to the heart. There will also be less blood returning to the heart from the right lung due to its collapse as well. imho

Well said.

That poor man...

Will they deliberate over the weekend or begin again Monday?

The rumour is that they will need to wait till Monday. We won't know for sure until the Judge herself makes the announcement.

OK. If DB had a knife collection, could she have stolen one of them? She did steal the gun from her grandfather. I wouldn't put it past her to steal her other weapon too.
Wasn't she working at a restaurant? I'm sure knives go missing there from time to time.

Just fyi, Dr Horn testified there were no hesitation cuts on Travis' neck.

Dr. Horn had to testify with medical certainty. Fortunately I do not! I call the very small Knick a hesitation wound as I could not see a pattern for it anywhere else. It was JMO. :seeya:

Well someone on this board very astutely observed JA during Juan's cross examination about having the knife in her hand ... that when she was testifying about grasping the knife, she used her right hand to (inadvertently) demonstrate holding a knife in her hand.

I think that spoke volumes ... JMO ... well it is (at least) interesting.

I think she's right hand dominant and that she learned to write with her left hand for fun.

I believe that's exactly what she did...and washed all the blood from both hers and Travis' body down the drain. I also believe she slit his throat in the shower. The force with which the blood from the carotid artery would exit the body would make a huge mess. This is totally gross but there is a scene from Gray's Anatomy of a severed carotid artery.

I don't want to post the link because the thumbnail is graphic....so just search youtube for "carotid artery bursts."

Remember, that picture was taken by her other sock foot when the camera was upside down. She had to be stepping away from the bathroom and kicked or stepped on the camera. Stepping on it would be painful in sock feet and kicking it would not necessarily produce the clear photo we see.

A poster suggested she could be crouched, hunkering. In that case, she would be pulling Travis body up via his left arm. One poster made an excellent analysis explaining how his neck was cut right to left, which makes sense since she favors the left hand, the left was the one with the wounds we have been talking about, so let's say the knife is in the left hand. Which would leave the right hand free to steady herself to stand up after cutting his throat.

She reaches back with her right hand and presses on the camera accidentally, not realizing it is upside down and pointed toward the body (an amazing coincidence or karma, your choice).

We know she steadied herself because of the bloody palm print, which incidentally was low on the wall, indicating the throat slashing took place while she crouched or knelt on the ground.

Crouching (squatting) makes sense. We see her right foot and I was having a hard time picturing where her other foot was and that it could not have stepped on the camera, pushing the button. A steadying hand pushing the button would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16