State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO Maybe it was one of her grandpa's hunting knives. There were rifles in the same gun case storage area as the stolen 25. So sad.
:seeya:

Yeah, its a good question because I dont think she would buy it. I just have a feeling she got it from somewhere. Many options though. steal from Gramps, steal from friends, steal from Gram, etc.

I just dont think she went out and bought a new one as she did not want to be on videos.

Arias' IQ is 119.

She scored 138 on the verbal portion of the IQ tests, but there are four portions. The 138 verbal score was combined with the three other scores, resulting in an IQ of 119.

I'm not nit-picking otto, but she actually scored 136 on the verbal portion, and not 138. Just correcting the record. :seeya:

Have you both seen the end of Mel McDonald's closing arguments for Doug Grant? If not, watch from about 05:50 Other highlights from 04:20 :) Mel McDonald's scowl is really funny after the objection, esp after he was pretending to be emotional!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFGq6bVtyg

Thank you for linking this video. I believe I watched it when it initially aired on tv, but I had no clue who Martinez was at the time. I am gonna go sit and relax for a few, and rewatch it. Thanks again for posting it.

OMG!!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: His reaction after Juan objects is priceless!! RME @ the fake choking up and the "God bless you" lol!

I know. I loved the papers being snatched away too. Could we expect JW to storm back to her desk? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Have you both seen the end of Mel McDonald's closing arguments for Doug Grant? JM was the prosecutor. If not, watch from about 05:50 Other highlights from 04:20 :) Mel McDonald's scowl is really funny after the objection, esp after he was pretending to be emotional!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFGq6bVtyg

I had to rewatch this! It's brilliant, lmao. But I noticed JM seemed to be doing his closing arguments without notes. I think we can expect the same in this trial.

what if that picture was snapped "when" she was cutting his throat??

Remember, that picture was taken by her other sock foot when the camera was upside down. She had to be stepping away from the bathroom and kicked or stepped on the camera. Stepping on it would be painful in sock feet and kicking it would not necessarily produce the clear photo we see.

A poster suggested she could be crouched, hunkering. In that case, she would be pulling Travis body up via his left arm. One poster made an excellent analysis explaining how his neck was cut right to left, which makes sense since she favors the left hand, the left was the one with the wounds we have been talking about, so let's say the knife is in the left hand. Which would leave the right hand free to steady herself to stand up after cutting his throat.

She reaches back with her right hand and presses on the camera accidentally, not realizing it is upside down and pointed toward the body (an amazing coincidence or karma, your choice).

We know she steadied herself because of the bloody palm print, which incidentally was low on the wall, indicating the throat slashing took place while she crouched or knelt on the ground.

Thank you for linking this video. I believe I watched it when it initially aired on tv, but I had no clue who Martinez was at the time. I am gonna go sit and relax for a few, and rewatch it. Thanks again for posting it.
You're welcome. All 12 parts are on Youtube if you want to watch the lot

Arias' IQ is 119.

She scored 138 on the verbal portion of the IQ tests, but there are four portions. The 138 verbal score was combined with the three other scores, resulting in an IQ of 119.

Also noted that JA had a perfect score on verbal comprehension.

It's not just anyone who would use the word "whoredoms" in email messages to female rivals.

I relistened to DB a couple nights ago as well.... Hinky meter alert!
Jeez theres something off with that boy applies to him imo

I watched that again too and he really came off as not wanting to be forthcoming about some things. Maybe he's just not proud about having to testify and afraid his son is going to take some flack from his school chums? I think that might be why he didn't want his face televised too. :dunno:

Judge Seidlin also said that Jodi would not be put to death because she's too pretty. He said there are no pretty people on death row--just ugly people.

He is sickening (am I allowed to say that, it is my opinion) or maybe I should say his words are-- and him being a judge. After what I heard him say on HLN this afternoon I think he has a crush on Jodi. The best yet, Judge Seidlin as much as said the defense should have free range (because she is going to be convicted) and Juan should be reprimanded for abusing Jodi on the stand. Well I feel if Juan did not dot all the I's and cross all the T's Jodi could get off. It is still not a given that she will be convicted, nothing is written in stone. my opinion only.

You are absolutely correct. That is why I wrote IMO. Usually when slicing something, the start of the slice is deeper, hence my opinion. The hesitation wound right above helped me form my opinion. :seeya:

Well someone on this board very astutely observed JA during Juan's cross examination about having the knife in her hand ... that when she was testifying about grasping the knife, she used her right hand to (inadvertently) demonstrate holding a knife in her hand.

I think that spoke volumes ... JMO ... well it is (at least) interesting.

just seen this posted on the state vs jodi arias facebook page
more tears :(
A heart felt message to all our supporters from Travis' sister, Tanisha:

To All the Supporters of Travis and our Family,

As the time is now near to verdict time our family needs your support more than ever now. You all have been true examples of Christ, very giving , caring, kindhearted, and loving. The support of all of you has been heartfelt and has brought many smiles to our families faces during these hard times. We will be forever grateful !

I know that the most important thing we can all continue doing is getting down on our knees and praying to the Lord that we will have Justice for Travis here on this earth. I know there will be Justice in the life to come in the eternities but I feel that the Lord will also have his hand in bringing Justice here on earth. Our Heavenly father hears our prayers and he will answer them.

The jury will get this case on Monday the 6th and that's why I have a special request from all of you to join us as we pray and fast for the Jury, For our Family, For Travis, and For the Ultimate Justice in this case. My family and I will be fasting and praying on Sunday May 5th. I know from my own personal experience that the Lord has answered my prayers after I fasted, and that's why I know if we all do it on Sunday the 5th , he will see that we all have faith in him and that Justice is what we want and I feel he will deliver as he touches the hearts of the Jurors.

We have all been brought together thru this horrible tragedy, we have all been touched by Travis and his inspiration as he was alive, by the things he did while he was alive, and by the people he helped and served while he was alive, and because of the Death of this amazing man , we all share the love, the loss, the hope, the sorrow, the life, the faith, the gratitude, the strength, the empathy, and the unity, together. May the Lord continued to bless all of you for all the strength and love you have shown our family.

Don't be sad for Travis for he is happy, in a wonderful place doing the Lords work, he continues to teach, learn, serve, laugh, make others laugh, sing, and rejoice in happiness. He is with our Savior Jesus Christ, he is with us in our hearts and minds , and he will be with us as we get the Verdict of Guilty of first degree Murder and have Justice for him! Our family loves you all!! Our Heavenly Father loves you, and Travis loves you!!

Justice4Travis!!!

JA has done more things to prolong her legal proceedings since the day she was arrested. And even more during this trial. Between her testimony, headaches, hunger and general absurdities, one would think she is trying to avoid prison. IMO, she prefers the county lockup where she enjoys the rights of the UNconvicted. Since she likes the word "Slammed" so much, how about putting her in the death row slammer. She needs a reality slam badly.

Please don't get irritated--I'm sure that this has been asked and answered somewhere before, but I am curious. In this trial, will jury be the ones deciding the penalty, or is it the judge?

----------
Hi, I know the jury decides the penalty. I am pretty sure the Judge can change if he/she wants to but usually they dont. :seeya:

Yes, the first infliction was a stab to the heart, then stabs to the back up the hallway, then throat cut at end of hallway, gunshot is the finale in the shower.

Wasn't his left profile facing the shower door? The gun shot was above his right
eyebrow. Don't think she shot him in the shower.

Wasn't Hailey found a year ago?

The remains found last year were not Hailey's ...

:( I just heard on HLN that the remains recently found were identified as Hailey.

A very sad case ...

Sorry for the O/T ...

O/t. HLNTV just reported
Haley Dunns body has been found

just seen this posted on the state vs jodi arias facebook page
more tears :(

May 5th, I'll fast.
Man, we need that guilty verdict.
I am sick of Jodi and her art and her tweets, everything about her :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online