State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other cases, we have heard how the ME can actually guess at the type of knife used like whether it had serrated edges or not. I was a little surprised there was not PA witness testimony that would describe the type of knife used.

I know they mentioned depth of wound a couple times, but I dont think they tried to establish the size and type of knife used. Maybe it did not matter, but it would have been interesting to hear about it. I am sure the jury is wanting that information too.

Maybe he couldn't tell because of decomposition? Not sure, I'm no ME. :)

Hi Gauntlet! Yes, I'm at wwwwwwork and I'm trying to catch up on all the wwwwwwork I've let slip because of my inability to stay away from WWWWWeb sleuths.

I'm trying to be a good girl by only popping back here every hour or so--and, in truth, that means I actually pop back here every half hour. But I guess that is the first baby step in what will likely be a 12-step program.

Oh! By the way, it is NOT snovving here today. Yay! In fact, today is the first day since last October when the temperature has been above 5 degrees Celsius. I hope that means Spring is finally starting, but I've probably just jinxed it by writing that. :seeya:

I've done about 20 minutes of work today. I think that's about enough for the day.

:blushing:
Has anyone ever addressed the question of what Jodi did with the bloody clothes she was wearing when she brutally murdered Travis? There's no way she could have done the horrendous crime without being covered in blood. Or was she like Lizzy Borden and did it in the nude and then showered herself off?

My bet wouldbe that she burned them along the route home with some of the gas she had in those cans.

In memory of Travis Alexander who was a HERO to many.

[video=youtube;wmzyYquMS2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmzyYquMS2I[/video]

What puzzles me about this trial, is that it has been 4 years in the making, and still the sequence of events are still somewhat blurred 4years and 4 months into the trial. I still think a lot of the forensic evidence is missing like the bloodied fibres that were found but not considered revelatory and remain untested.
Explanations of blood patterns like the aspirated blood on the bathroom mirror, and a clearer outline of events based on those patterns is missing from the evidence. Duct tape, hasn't been epxlained the confusion of the the two camera cards and who they belonged to and to which camera, remains a mystery because they are not interchangeable. The presence of blood on a possible cord used to upload images, has not been accounted Some photographs recovered from the cameras have not been revealed by the prosecutor, but why? What they might reveal? They can't get any worse surely? Detective Flores also gave JA ample time to dispose of, reorder and conceal further information. He tipped her off too soon.
So, for a few years in the making, the evidence isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are significant gaps in the forensic evidence, which is a little unusual especially when blood distribution clearly tells the story. And 4 years and 4 months later there we are still trying to work it out how it happened, and the prosecutor doesn't know, we don't know. The camera information was wrong wrt to the two sets of cards found. So whomever was talking one card, a different person talked about the other card. Do we know why they were entered into evidence by two separate people, and why that was? how were they collected? Is there a chain of custody, regarding these items? The forensics are not stellar.
But she admits to some things and deserves punishment, but I'm a bit concerned these things are left out.
BBM - I disagree on that point. The defendant left a hair, and a bloody palmprint at the scene that had her blood mixed with the victim's blood. There is a photo of the defendant dragging the victim as he bleeds profusely from a slit throat. We always joke that some juries need a video of the crime in progress, well we have the next best thing. This spells it out clearer than say blood spatter analysis, because that could just confuse the jury, imo. Some of the photos that were found could have been judged too prejudicial and were left out because of that, not necessarily because of any oversight on the part of the prosecution. I'm sure there was lots that the prosecution considered bringing into the trial, but they were probably concerned about their case taking too long (unlike the defense team). :twocents:

I've done about 20 minutes of work today. I think that's about enough for the day.

audience.gif

I don't know much about knives, but I've heard others speculate that, with her family having once been in the restaurant business, she may have had easy access to high quality knives.

I keep my chef's knife so sharp I can not only cut-up a chicken, I've used it to butcher! Plus a really good kitchen knife is built for easy everyday use.

O/T...juror #8. DWI makes total sense. If he was getting kicked off court would have been a mess yesterday.

Seems to me any juror who actually wanted out at this point would more likely support Jodi and NOT want to have to argue FOR her in deliberations. If any jurors believe she's guilty seems they would be really looking forward to this job! Just mho...

100% agree. She is proud and feels justified about his slaughter. She is not sorry. I bet she's dying to scream "you stupid morons, you're completely wrong about x, y or z..." when the testimony varies from the actual events, all of which are solidly embedded in her "memory."

Speaking of memory, it occurs to me that she was taunting/playing games with LE in the interrogation video when she sang the Dido line. She knew darn well she was being video-recorded. "It might change my memory..." was just a jab at interrogators and for posterity.

And I 100% agree with everything you have said here. She lives to play games, manipulate and destroy. She is pure evil. No grey area in her case. Just pure evil.

Perhaps. But now that someone has brought up the idea that it could have been a hunting knife, I'm having a hard time imagining that a kitchen knife of any kind could be sharp enough to inflict the neck wound such that it was. But I will be the first to admit I am no knife expert. In my experience, the kitchen knives I've used have not been nearly as sharp as a hunting knife or even my husband's Gerber tool blade (that thing is surprisingly sharp!).

You know, the hunting knife never stuck with me. I figured for sure a kitchen knife. But you make a good point. I can barely cut tomatoes with my kitchen knives. Even if it was serrated, it wouldn't have been easy to cut his throat like that. Of course, I've never cut anyone's throat before so I don't know for sure.

And wouldn't the ME have been able to tell if the knife was serrated? Unless, as per my other post, he couldn't tell because of decomposition.

I think she said those were DB's knives. She used the excuse that they were in storage and that DB had a knife collection. The books were for MM.

I wonder where MM was living when Jodi met him near Monterey the evening of June 2? She said MM and "his friend" met her at a bar, then they spent the night at "the friend's" parents house. MM either didn't live in the area and came in to meet Jodi, or he lived there but didn't have his own place. At some point he (and Jodi iirc) were living in a tent, so MM may have had hunting knives and could have given one to Jodi that night.

Originally Posted by BrendaStar View Post
Has anyone ever addressed the question of what Jodi did with the bloody clothes she was wearing when she brutally murdered Travis? There's no way she could have done the horrendous crime without being covered in blood. Or was she like Lizzy Borden and did it in the nude and then showered herself off?

:blushing:

My bet wouldbe that she burned them along the route home with some of the gas she had in those cans.

YUK, I heard someone thought she showered with/while washing off Travis. That is soooo awful!
:stormingmad:

I've wondered what case the prosecution and police would have used, if Arias did not testify and lie so much in her story. Look how much of the prosecutor's case went to rebut her lies. So take that out and we have what?

JMO
This is a good point. When the state rested the first time I felt the DT should have just rested their case too. There was not a lot of details at that point. It may have gotten her a lesser sentence than what she will get now.

Maybe he couldn't tell because of decomposition? Not sure, I'm no ME. :)

The ME did state it was impossible to match a knife to the wounds because of decomposition. They were so awful in the pictures, I'm not surprised.

I wish I could say that! I've got a meeting in 14 minutes that I'm madly preparing for. So why I am still here? :pullhair: Back later!

Its ridiculousness to think this was anything but a premeditated murder.If this was self defense or crime of passion and Jodi was human she would not have been in a temporary fog. She would have been in shock and a breakdown when it sunk in what she did. She was well composed and normal acting when she was humping another guy hours later. He would have picked up on it.

I was just thinking of when JA was caught on the interrogation video and she was crying (for herself) and saying "you chickened out you little b****" . Have we learned anything else out about that, was any consensus reached as to what she may have been talking about?

I mean, what did she "chicken out" of? It was obviously something that, at least in her mind, had to do with evidence. Did she hear someone or something and leave before she finished , did she realize she had misplaced the camera and is wishing she had stayed and looked for it? Just wondering what you guys think.

I think the fact that her car was relatively clean, considering, and there was virtually no blood beyond Travis' bedroom, it speaks to her extreme degree of premeditation.

She came prepared with a plan including a plan to clean herself off and dispose of her clothing undetected. She would have been COVERED in blood from that crime. Think about just the dragging his bloody body part :( She was in long dark pants and I think her Ninja description probably leaks her own "murder costume". Her hair , unless covered, was also likely covered in blood. She had to have cleaned up in that bathroom before exiting it.

I believe she came prepared with a bag to put everything in she planned on removing (no rope ever existed imo) and cleaned herself up in that shower, likely while Travis was in it (because she would have gotten bloody again moving him back in after cleaning off) which is one of the most disturbing ideas of her murderous rage. Rather her sociopathic evilness.

So I think she neatly packed up her bloody clothing with her weapons, was clean and showered in a new prepared outfit to walk out of that house in broad daylight and leave , maybe with a small amount of "blood on her hands" related to bloody items she had to interact with post clean up (of herself).

So I think those clothes are disposed somewhere between Travis' house and the Hoover dam. Just like she planned and carefully crafted. In her days and weeks of premeditation and planning.

All of which adds up to:

FIRST DEGREE MURDER

What puzzles me about this trial, is that it has been 4 years in the making, and still the sequence of events are still somewhat blurred 4years and 4 months into the trial. I still think a lot of the forensic evidence is missing like the bloodied fibres that were found but not considered revelatory and remain untested.
Explanations of blood patterns like the aspirated blood on the bathroom mirror, and a clearer outline of events based on those patterns is missing from the evidence. Duct tape, hasn't been epxlained the confusion of the the two camera cards and who they belonged to and to which camera, remains a mystery because they are not interchangeable. The presence of blood on a possible cord used to upload images, has not been accounted Some photographs recovered from the cameras have not been revealed by the prosecutor, but why? What they might reveal? They can't get any worse surely? Detective Flores also gave JA ample time to dispose of, reorder and conceal further information. He tipped her off too soon.
So, for a few years in the making, the evidence isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are significant gaps in the forensic evidence, which is a little unusual especially when blood distribution clearly tells the story. And 4 years and 4 months later there we are still trying to work it out how it happened, and the prosecutor doesn't know, we don't know. The camera information was wrong wrt to the two sets of cards found. So whomever was talking one card, a different person talked about the other card. Do we know why they were entered into evidence by two separate people, and why that was? how were they collected? Is there a chain of custody. The forensics are not stellar.
But she admits to some things and deserves punishment, but I'm a bit concerned these things are left out.

Unfortunately real life crimes aren't as succinct as TV shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett