State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bold. I think this is pretty much it--her superior verbal skills, and ability to mirror social behaviours/values is not enough. In fact, it's worse than not enough, because of the psychological need to compensate, to defend one's self against deficits. We know how that goes: either the person primarily hurts him/herself or primarily hurts others.

The picture I get of Jodi's intelligence is one of extremely uneven development. Like she's a intellectually gifted twelve or thirteen year old girl. There's a chasm between her IQ and emotional/social intelligence, and perhaps that's where the character deformities took root.

Maybe this isn't the right thread for this!

That's how I see it, her IQ score is skewed by the superior verbal skills score. If it weren't for that one score, her total IQ would be considerably lower. She obviously has some deficits in other areas, imo.

BBM
Remember: the girl with the IQ of 119 left a car in gear while trying to tow it.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I guess she had to make some cranium room for words like "deedificationment"

Done with HLN and their ill-informed hosts and guests like the Florida judge making negative comments about Juan Martinez. This judge is clearly speculating and making statements based on opinion not fact e.g. JM is dragging the trial out doesn't want it to end. Really??? Shame on HLN and their producers, hosts, guests, etc.

I don't think it's possible for JA to "not lie so much". Even if she hadn't made up two stories before her most current story, she couldn't restrain herself from lying about her hair color, Helio phone, gas cans... Einstein just can't resist trying to fool people even if she or her lawyers could have come up with a plausible explanation for some of the oddities in the case.

It has become instinct for her, like breathing. I honestly do not think she could stop lying, if she tried. Plus, why would she want to? In her warped reality, the rest of us are morons, we are simply the pieces of her Monopoly game, for her to manipulate.

You're assuming that he is holding up his head. The photo shows only part of Jodi's foot. You can't see either of her arms. One of her hands could be grabbing TA's hair and lifting his head slightly up while the other could be lifting up his right arm. In her high adrenaline state, she may have tried to move him around at an awkward angle, but then she regained her focus and dragged him by the feet toward the shower stall.

Furthermore, the blood is clearly gushing from the neck area. Unlikely this amount of blood would be coming from the small gunshot wound or the knife wound to the chest. Also telling is the limp state of his foot. Most people just ignore it for some reason. But look at it -- it's in the kind of position that you would expect from a corpse. A conscious man who was lifting up his head and defending himself with his right arm would have feet pointed more toward the ceiling, not to the extreme sides. Try this out for yourself. Lay down on the floor flat and pretend that you're fighting off an attacker. Now note your feet. Your feet will respond to your torso movements, pointing the toes upward. Now just relax yourself. Your resting will cause your toes to point to the sides. This is also true for corpses.

Jumping off your post here. I agree with you. Due to the large amount of blood on the carpet, I would say he suffered the throat slash there. His heart rate would have been elevated therefore pumping blood at a faster rate, leading to rapid exsanguination. She also cut the Muscles in his neck, from the back and front.

Wouldn't it be extremely creepy if JA was actually IN THE HOUSE when Enrique got home? What if she heard him pull up, hid, and then snuck out as soon as she had an opportunity? Who knows, but it's possible.

I don't think Enrique would have even noticed anything, like the washer and dryer running, etc., especially since he came and went through the front door, IIRC. And there's no way she parked in the driveway...

I've wondered if Enrique actually came home while she was still there. I think his bedroom was the one that shared a wall with TA's room & JA said that she and TA had to be quiet sometimes because the wall was thin enough that they could hear Enrique's music through it.

That's how I see it, her IQ score is skewed by the superior verbal skills score. If it weren't for that one score, her total IQ would be considerably lower. She obviously has some deficits in other areas, imo.
BBM - I'm guessing math was one of them as apparently she couldn't balance her checkbook.

Really good question!

The prosecution would have still had: Jodi's bloody palm print, Jodi's hair in blood, the .25 casing, the .25 handgun stolen from grandpa, the gas can evidence, DB's testimony that Jodi needed gas cans to go to mesa, the rental car, all of the phone evidence (phone turned off before entering AZ, re-emerging after nearing the Nevada border, leaving voice mails to the murdered Travis), JA journal entries to Travis after killing him, the stalking evidence from Mimi, et. al.), other crime scene forensics (blood splatter, patterns, etc.), and the autopsy photos that show the aggravated elements for the DP--and of course the camera photos that put her at the scene...I'm sure I'm forgetting other significant circumstantial evidence.

If Jodi had not testified, there would have been no self-defense evidence, no presentation of the faux physical abuse or pedo carp. But, on the flip-side, there would have been no confession to the killing. On balance,though, I think the prosecution's case would have been just as strong as it is now, albeit it would have been a very different trial. :twocents:

Which is why L. Kirk got stuck with the case.

JA and the DT had decided that they needed to hyper-sexualize the victim and to portray him as a perverted pedophile in order to succeed with their jury head-fake.

Who better than this guy?

kirknurmi_zps5cfe3b91.jpg

This could explain the small amount of blood found on the washing machine (or maybe the dryer), IIRC. She had everything ready, left the bedroom, made a pitstop at the washing machine, did her business with the doggie gate, etc. and then finally left. Although the only one who truly knows about the sequence of events won't ever tell the truth of what happened that day. :moo:

The small amount of blood left behind outside of the bedroom area could've been from her own cuts, no? She may have been telling the truth, too, about having to wash her hands with bottled water when she stopped in the desert. Her cuts may have bled though whatever dressing she used.

I was just thinking of when JA was caught on the interrogation video and she was crying (for herself) and saying "you chickened out you little b****" . Have we learned anything else out about that, was any consensus reached as to what she may have been talking about?

I mean, what did she "chicken out" of? It was obviously something that, at least in her mind, had to do with evidence. Did she hear someone or something and leave before she finished , did she realize she had misplaced the camera and is wishing she had stayed and looked for it? Just wondering what you guys think.

Excellent question. Your guess about the camera is a very good one. At the point she said this, she was getting busted about the pictures I think. She could have very well misplaced the camera in the washer and she meant to take it with her or something.

Or maybe just stay longer and do a better job of cleaning up the blood. Like the bloody palm print.

My bold. I think this is pretty much it--her superior verbal skills, and ability to mirror social behaviours/values is not enough. In fact, it's worse than not enough, because of the psychological need to compensate, to defend one's self against deficits. We know how that goes: either the person primarily hurts him/herself or primarily hurts others.

The picture I get of Jodi's intelligence is one of extremely uneven development. Like she's a intellectually gifted twelve or thirteen year old girl. There's a chasm between her IQ and emotional/social intelligence, and perhaps that's where the character deformities took root.

Maybe this isn't the right thread for this!

my thoughts exactly. you put this into words beautifully.

The small amount of blood left behind outside of the bedroom area could've been from her own cuts, no? She may have been telling the truth, too, about having to wash her hands with bottled water when she stopped in the desert. Her cuts may have bled though whatever dressing she used.

That!

Did anyone hear the guest Judge on HLN a few mins.ago? He was saying that JM was keeping the trial going due to wanting to be on TV and to get more money. Hello...isn't that the other team?!!!

Which is why L. Kirk got stuck with the case.

JA and the DT had decided that they needed to hyper-sexualize the victim and to portray him as a perverted pedophile in order to succeed with their jury head-fake.

Who better than this guy?

kirknurmi_zps5cfe3b91.jpg

And it looks like that really is him , in imagery, saying "let me hold your shackled arm while you are victimized by the system Mr. Rapist/Pedophile/Murderer". Blech.

Jumping off your post here. I agree with you. Due to the large amount of blood on the carpet, I would say he suffered the throat slash there. His heart rate would have been elevated therefore pumping blood at a faster rate, leading to rapid exsanguination. She also cut the Muscles in his neck, from the back and front.

Was she trying to decapitate him? Was this brought out in the ME's testimony?

Did the investigators test the DNA of that bit of blood specifically? I do wonder whose blood it was because your idea seems very plausible to me!!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

You know, the hunting knife never stuck with me. I figured for sure a kitchen knife. But you make a good point. I can barely cut tomatoes with my kitchen knives. Even if it was serrated, it wouldn't have been easy to cut his throat like that. Of course, I've never cut anyone's throat before so I don't know for sure.

And wouldn't the ME have been able to tell if the knife was serrated? Unless, as per my other post, he couldn't tell because of decomposition.

Hunting knives usually have some kind of guard on them to keep your hand from slipping while you're doing bloody work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett