State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparison of Defense and TA's family

BI3FtP2CEAARaUi.jpg:medium

Everytime I see a smile on Jodi's face, I get irritated. You brutally killed a man and you're on trial for that crime. You don't get to smile!! You need to sit there and be invisible!! :banghead:

Travis' ex girl friend Linda was on HLN. She said she invited Travis to the fair in Oct. 2006. She said she wanted him to go because he likes roller coasters. She said Travis said he was dating a girl name jodi and she was a pathalogical liar. She made up stories about an ex bofriend. Jodi said she started dating Travis in Feb. 2007. Thats several months after Oct. 2006. I guess she did not want Brewer to know she was cheating on him. She left him high and dry and he lost the house.

Offense was taken due to a fundamentsl lack of understanding of the organ procurement process. First, it does not occur--in any population-- without donor or family consent. (Often, even a person known as a donor--whether specified on state registry or in advance directive--will be left intact if family objects at the time of death; great care is taken not to harm anyone in the process, and that includes grieving family.) Secondly, harvest does not occur prior to death. Lethal injection does not preclude organ donation, and the timing if a scheduled death makes it possible to assemble procurement personnel so that reperfusion (initiation of life support measures to continue circulation to the organs) may be unnecessary. (Those who are donors know that, after death is declared, efforts to preseve the integrity of their organs may be made. But if you know exactly when an individual is going to die, teams can be resent; perfusion does not need to be established in order to keep organs viable for many, many hours as teams fly in from around the country.)

The onky real ethical concern arises if the state in ANY way coerces inmates to become donors. Practices in China--where such coercion exists on an appalling level-- has caused it to be impossible for even the inmates who wish to donate to do so.

There is a large group of inmates who feel their rights are violated because, in most places, they cannot CHOOSE to be organ donors, as they would if non-incarcerated. if they meet medical criteria and voluntarily choose to be organ donors, is it not inhumane to deny them (and their families) his measure of dignity and worth? Should their families be deprived of the comfort organ donation often offers, when a loved one is lost? Is there a particular reason a healthy inmate competent to make the decision should be denied this final wish?

I don't think so.

There was a huge discussion about this is in yesterday's New York Times, if you are interested. It included postings by transplant surgeons, ethicists, etc.

Good Morning,

Wow I would have never thought of pouring water on the tile floor to drag him back to the bathroom. Then again I could never in my worse nightmares do what JA did. That shows even more of her thought process and there was no fog ever which I did not believe for a minute. I also did not know there was a cup found in the shower.

Wonder if it occurred to her because the door to the shower was open, water coming on the floor and she watched, probably laughed at Travis as he slipped, struggled and fell as she stabbed him. In Jodi's world, she probably that...hey, that's a good idea to wet the floor, look at him slip and slide all over, while she had socks on.
Wonder if Jodi's "getting the wind knocked out of her" was actually Travis when she stuck that knife in his chest and he was having trouble breathing?

And judging by her testimony, some of her other organs are too wore out to be much good to anyone now. :floorlaugh:

Yep... those organs are pretty much past their warranty.... 32 years... Or one gazillion miles... Whichever comes first... :D

I wouldn't want any part of Jodi Arias in my body. Shivers. #Ibelieveinthesupernatural lol

Wonder if it occurred to her because the door to the shower was open, water coming on the floor and she watched, probably laughed at Travis as he slipped, struggled and fell as she stabbed him. In Jodi's world, she probably that...hey, that's a good idea to wet the floor, look at him slip and slide all over, while she had socks on.
Wonder if Jodi's "getting the wind knocked out of her" was actually Travis when she stuck that knife in his chest and he was having trouble breathing?

I have no doubt in my mind that when she took the weapons out and displayed them towards Travis that she had a really evil smile on her face.

And she must have smiled and laughed when he tried to get away from her.

OMG my BP is increasing as I type this. :stormingmad:

Hello everyone new here ,just been reading for a while .Thought this would be really suitable , written many years ago by Omar Khayyam . The Moving Finger writes;and having writ, Moves on, nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

Everytime I see a smile on Jodi's face, I get irritated. You brutally killed a man and your on trial for that crime. You don't get to smile!! You need to sit there and be invisible!! :banghead:

Her day is coming. I do hope the verdict comes back on Mon the 6th. I do hope I see it live. I will do all my chores and and keep my day clear so I am close by in case the jury has a verdict. I am looking forward to this day.

She must have at some point been wearing shoes, unless she drove barefoot to Mesa then barefoot to SLC? As shocking as it sounds, it wouldn't be a surprise to know that JA actually stood on TA's chest and forehead as she was slicing him. OMG she is sick sick sick sick and should never ever be released from prison.

While humming a tune... Yep.. Wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was of the impression that she was in her socks, and not shoes. I believe JM even pointed it out on the stand, and she agreed that she was wearing socks. Which means its probably a lie, but we will never know.

Ughhhh. It's so difficult for the family, all of the lying. Enough already. She shouldn't have a voice. Putting her on the stand was great for the prosecution - but what a travesty, having to hear the murderer speak!

Would there be impressions left if he were deceased? I always imaged her standing on him while showering off after. I can also imagine her standing on and kicking while trying to get him back in the shower in that position.

I know alot of you haves pets that you have loved and lost. This is for you. I'm not there with you today, but know that I havent gone astray. I am the wind blowing through your hair, and the warmth you feelin the air. When that smile creeps on your face, remember that Im in a good place. And when your feeling sad and down, recall memories of me running around. You dont need to look low and high, just search way down deep inside. And know that we'll never be apart. For I have left pawprints on your heart.

wow...thankyou also. I read about those plastic bands that hold drinks together,years ago,and how animals get caught and wrapped up especially their noses,so i try to avoid,but if cant they get cut to little pieces,or anything I think an animal will get in trouble with. Sorry this was for the post on the balloons.

Both of the last two pictures have so many overlays of smaller images of the larger image (as well as both the subjects and the camera moving while the picture is being taken) so you couldn't identify footprints even if there were any, which there aren't, in my study of the pictures.

MOO

I was yelling @ the screen when she paused for so long
"You know where we are, right? You know why we are here, right?"[/QUOTE]

BBM: Not that I feel sympathetic towards JW but this is the stuff that worries me the most about JW.....she truly is over her head a lot and it shows. There is a lack of confidence, lack of flow to her mannerisms in court, and she will not be able to sustain herself in her chosen profession for long without causing herself undo duress, moo. And now she has encountered her biggest monster which is not her ineptitude, it is JA. I predict JW will soon start to see the tip of the iceberg of the problem once the verdict is announced. I say "hello JW, your problems have only just begun!"

It seems like a challenge for JW to do her job competently and that takes a toll on a person. She doesn't have the smarts or fortitude. Her demeanor in the courtroom leaves me feeling slightly embarassed for her......or at least a tad uncomfortable. Like watching a rowdy teenager stick his hand into the lion's cage at the zoo.

And the last straw will be the rage and revenge that JA will unleash upon you for years, JW. How do you like them apples?

In fairness. What did she have to work with? The prosecutions case is in reality a slam dunk case. If the jurors have two brain cells to rub together they will convict her of murder in the 1st degree. If they don't convict her, it's not that the prosecution didn't prove their case and it not that Jodi defense team did a stellar job. The fault will be the jurors.

All IMO

Would there be impressions left if he were deceased? I always imaged her standing on him while showering off after. I can also imagine her standing on and kicking while trying to get him back in the shower in that position.

Someone recently posted a clip of Vinnie P sitting in a replica of TA's shower. It's so much smaller than I imagined from the camera pics. It looks like he could barely have fully extended his arms from one side to the other. There was no way to escape uninjured. She is an evil fiend.

I've always wondered about that piece of duct that was found.

Remember right after she was arrested, the car rental (Budget?) found a gun stashed very well in the engine compartment? And from what I understood, Arias admitted it was hers. But why was it hidden like that?

Now I am wondering if she duct taped the knife and gun under the chassis or in the engine of her rental car on June 2nd too (with the help of Matt because I don't think Arias is that clever) and that's where the tape came from.

And could she have used duct tape again afterward to secure/hide the weapons out of view after she killed Travis? But here's where I think she met up with Matt. I just can't see how Arias knew how to hide the weapons after killing Travis then how she knew to dispose of them without them ever being found or her, caught!

I do believe she handed off all the items (gun,knife, bloody clothes,) to Matt so he could dispose of everything. I believe she stole Travis' money and perhaps gave some to Matt as retribution...I mean, payment :)

Who could know how to execute this? It was bad enough someone killed someone else but to have the wherewithal and the calm demeanor afterward (see: Ryan) is mind blogging.
I was really hoping Matt McCartney was on the rebuttal list. Oh well.

I know I've posted this a bunch of times but here's where I think Arias let on that Matt was involved:

"Matt hadn't answered his phone til he was there"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7feyvc2z4&list=FLyugQ4zVMRX8QgFz540wC_A&index=1"]Jodi Arias Trial - What The Hades Does This Mean - YouTube[/ame]

Oh my goodness. I think I just accidentally discovered why the Autopsy Report is "Redacted."

I was looking at the autopsy photos to try to determine where he was bleeding from in the dragging pic--if you lighten it, you can see where he is apparently bleeding from one of his scalp wounds, just left of center.

Anyway, that's all I expected to find, just where he may be bleeding from in the dragging pic.

I was shocked to see JA's shoe impression on his back in the wide back shot showing both arms, and after enhancing the photo, I could make out the now-familiar details of the sole of her shoe. Although she apparently stepped on both his back and front, multiple times, it looks like she had a foot on his chest as she was slicing his neck. Which would mean he would have been lying, face up. That would fit with his bloody handprint near the floor on the corner of the hallway and bedroom walls.

The shoe impression appears evident on his forehead as well.

The defense made motions to seal documents on 2/20/09 and 5/22/09.

This might be why.

P.S. To enhance a photo to see the shoeprint, increase the contrast, the definition or sharpness, sometimes increase the highlights, and enlarge the photo (I find Pages or MS Word the easiest). And you still might need a magnifying glass. If anyone would like to see the cropped enhanced photos, PM me.
You are telling me that the jury did not get to see this!!! Hopefully they will get to see them before pronouncing death.

I know alot of you haves pets that you have loved and lost. This is for you. I'm not there with you today, but know that I havent gone astray. I am the wind blowing through your hair, and the warmth you feelin the air. When that smile creeps on your face, remember that Im in a good place. And when your feeling sad and down, recall memories of me running around. You dont need to look low and high, just search way down deep inside. And know that we'll never be apart. For I have left pawprints on your heart.

That choked me all up! Sniff sniff.,.

My husband had my dogs portrait done with a plaque that reads "the foorprints you left on our hearts will never be forgotten" He gave it to me the first Christmas after he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member