State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM she never regretted killing him, she says in the police interrogation that she knows Travis is fine, in a better place, he is OK

Yes she did~ She went on to say she was crying for , in this order, everything SHE was going to miss out on, everything Travis was going to miss out on, her brothers and sisters and his , and his friends. She added she knows it is only temporary, but they are hurting and it is so much , right now.
Eight minute mark http://youtu.be/u5lGJ72SQBM?t=8m

What is temporary? I hope they play that in the sentencing phase. Everyone knows that they will miss him every minute of every day. Forever. Their lives WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Their kids do not have their uncle, or his children as cousins. There is hole in that family that would be tough to measure.

It was when I heard that, I felt sure the jury could feel comfortable with the death penalty, because as you say she TRULY has NO REMORSE.

For interested parties, someone purports to have a copy of Gus Searcy's calendar, including June 4, 2008.

guscalendar_zps4019a2c9.jpg

That's interesting about Santa Cruz, since it becomes apparent that there's some "WE" people involved with her going and being there.

Where did Gus live again?

Well ... I never thought I would say this, but HH (on HLN) DOES have at least one redeeming factor. I know she plays a role ... speaking for the defense, but she just gave a summary blurb about the closing arguments.

She said that if she were arguing for the prosecution, she would say (in closing), that in all of the 5000 questions and answers while JA was on the stand what is it "that we did not hear" .... "I'm sorry" ... no remorse. Not even "I'm so sorry I had to do this ... blah blah". That is something that should be driven home by the prosecution. She's right.

Obviously, I am not a HH fan, but I am glad that she said something that makes sense in this case (finally) ...:twocents:

At some point didn't JA say she felt "ashamed" because she did (or must have done) this? Not sure if it was when she had her "oh sh** moment or in response to aother question. I always thought that was an odd word to use if you had killed someone, even in self-defense.

Just like I think some of the words in texts between TA and JA were odd choices for TA to use; they just don't have the same "flow" as words he used in the taped phone call.

I still cannot get a grip on how she can show no empathy or guilt. It is af if she is there but the trial is over someone other than her. :banghead:

Starting about 1:57 on this video, she is talking about leaving her sibling's house after getting the car on the second. She says she drove out, stopped again and slept. JM asks if he asked her if she slept. (LOL) The question was her trip down to Monterrey and what time.

Her answer: It was very, very late. I think it was even the 3rd in the morning because we had stopped in Santa Cruz first.

JM doesn't get fazed by this. He asks again about the time.

Her answer: Yeah, I think it was past midnight by the time we got to Monterrey.

He asks if she met anyone in Santa Cruz. She says she met MM and his roommate. (Hence the we???)

I'm confused now, because JM starts to ask her about spending the night with MM and when she got up.

From the sound of this, and JM not being fazed by her "we" statements, it seems she met MM in Santa Cruz and they (possibly with the roommate?) drove down to Monterrey, where they spent the night after getting in late. But I'm bothered by who the first "we" is that "stopped in Santa Cruz."

At about 2 hours into the video the discussion turns to Darryl.

Where did MM live at that time?

That's the part I'm listening to now. Did you hear JM ask her what time she got up after staying the night at MMs and she said before Jack went to school?

Isn't Jack DB's son?

No one gets lost for 24 hours in this day and time. I can't believe that was part of her plan to say that.

I still wonder whether she messed up by reverting from her 'original' plan. I think she initially planned to sneak in and kill him immediately, and then jump in her car and drive to Utah. If she had done that, she might not have been caught. There would have been no DNA, no blood of hers, and no timestamped pictures, and her alibi of a road trip to Utah might have held up if she was only a couple of hours late.

I think her obsession with Travis made it impossible for her to follow through with her original plan. JMO

No one gets lost for 24 hours in this day and time. I can't believe that was part of her plan to say that.

I think she planned to be there around that time and even if she was a little late, she'd use the got lost excuse, I think killing him took longer than expected for whatever reason.

I'm curious to know which cell tower MM's phone pinged when JA called him after the murder.

A few days ago, I was looking at a map someone else made and it showed her cell phone pinged off a tower in Klingman, Arizona. Could that be the one?

I still wonder whether she messed up by reverting from her 'original' plan. I think she initially planned to sneak in and kill him immediately, and then jump in her car and drive to Utah. If she had done that, she might not have been caught. There would have been no DNA, no blood of hers, and no timestamped pictures, and her alibi of a road trip to Utah might have held up if she was only a couple of hours late.

I think her obsession with Travis made it impossible for her to follow through with her original plan. JMO

Did they ever say why there was no tracking feature on the rental car

I'm curious to know which cell tower MM's phone pinged when JA called him after the murder.

And on which freaking phone, since it's possible she had two Helios. Again, with the questions about the Sims cards and phone numbers....you guys know I want an answer for this.

A :hug: to you Midwest!

I like the fact that JA has PTSD and 1 week after the murder she buys a 9mm. Weeks later, she's found packing another rental car with knives WTH!

Thank you for the hug :blushing: It was a long time ago and I have dealt with it in counseling as a young adult, but some things will always just catch me off guard and cause a reaction.
PS just to make it clear... I did not shoot anyone, I did not even have a gun in my hand

That's the part I'm listening to now. Did you hear JM ask her what time she got up after staying the night at MMs and she said before Jack went to school?

Isn't Jack DB's son?

Yes he is Darryl's son. However, Jodi arrived at Darryl's house before Jack left for school. That is why she said that she got up from Matt's before Jack went to school.

How many of you own a gun for protection and leave your front door unlocked?

In the area where TA lived, besides just having a weapon, I would have definitely locked my doors, because of population density, closeness of other houses, fenced in back yards, and alleys.

Where I've lived for over the last 18 years? I'd have to think a nano second to figure out whether to congratulate or hand them the phone to get emergency medical help, because of all they would have to go through to actually GET to my front door :floorlaugh:

Just a nano second, mind you, "Old Painless" is always ready for uninvited guests :drumroll:

Since so many of them have been on HLN speaking out for their friend, I hope and pray that if any of Travis' friends come to the trial, any member of the public that does not know the family will recognize them and please give them their seat. Some situations in life just call out for a hero. It would be amazing if folks would let the dear friends of that family fill the courtroom to surround his brothers and sisters in the love that they need so very much.

Since I missed all of last week, and videos I will looking at is this one and I will try to study it to see if Juan specifically states which camera phone . I am surprised while they were on the stand he did not differentiate whether it was the same phone or a different phone. the previous testimony by Jodi or Gus was that insurance was used after the previous one was lost. But I don't remember any evidence to any of that coming up in the trial anytime?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think there were certain things Juan decided weren't worth pursuing. We don't really know why she lied about the phone (we suspect blackmail), but he wouldn't be able to prove it, and therefore on its surface doesn't seem to be a lie directly related to the murder and premeditation.

He's done this with a few things, and I think it was smart. If he attempted to debunk EVERY lie, she'd still be on the stand. He chose his battles wisely IMO.

This is why I to laugh at the HLN talking heads who claimed Juan "keeps getting stuck in the weeds."

:crazy:

Since so many of them have been on HLN speaking out for their friend, I hope and pray that if any of Travis' friends come to the trial, any member of the public that does not know the public will recognize them and please give them their seat. Some situations in life just call out for a hero. It would be amazing if folks would let the dear friends of that family fill the courtroom to surround his brothers and sisters in the love that they need so very much.
KCL posted on the Observers thread that even some of Travis's family won't get seats because of the public and media seating allowance.

Yes he is Darryl's son. However, Jodi arrived at Darryl's house before Jack left for school. That is why she said that she got up from Matt's before Jack went to school.

Oh ok I get it. Thanks! So she drove from Redding to Santa Cruz, stayed the night at MM's place, got up early morning and drove to DB's place before Jack went to school.

Does anyone else have trouble piecing together all her lies and so forth? :scared:

What is the court schedule for next week? Wednesday surrebuttal, are closing arguments on Thursday and Friday? TIA!

See you guys later! I'm off to clean my house, do the laundry, etc. I said it before, albeit incorrectly: "I vvish I knevv hovv to quit you"! (And yes, I'm using my son's old laptop . . . just vvaiting for delivery of my nevv one! You vvon't be able to make fun of me then!)

Giggles! Will you know how to spell without using a double-v ? :floorlaugh:

What is the court schedule for next week? Wednesday surrebuttal, are closing arguments on Thursday and Friday? TIA!

Yes. Jury instructions will be before either side begins closing arguments on Thursday as well.

I think she planned to be there around that time and even if she was a little late, she'd use the got lost excuse, I think killing him took longer than expected for whatever reason.

It might have, but not to the tune of 24 hrs. This is there the gun first theory comes in and fails. because if she were crunched for time, she could have shot him and been done with it at 1pm. This girl planned to spend time toying with Travis. So to me, her call to burns about being to him in 11 hours made no sense.

Even if she shot Travis at 1pm, she could have gotten to Ryan in less than 24 hours from her call to him at 8:40pm (or so) the previous night.

I totally agree with you that she planned to spend that time with Travis, which is why calling burns with a time made no sense. She could have said, she wasn't sure. She was tired, so she might pull over and sleep. She could have said she had to turn back around to get her charger or something else from her friend's house--any number of lies. And MM would have lied and said she came back because we'd heard testimony that he'd lie for her, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro