State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he can only dispute DD's testimony that she believes Jodi suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder. He can only address this issue as it is the only issue defense claimed was "new" information. Another loophole defense has managed to creep through. It should only last a day. I don't think the judge will allow constant repeating as she did during defense presenting their side of the case. So far he can only rebut the BPD. Won't stop defense from trying to get more in but hopefully it will not be allowed.

They also want to use this "expert" to refute Dr. Horn's rebuttal testimony. Motion was filed a couple of days ago.

I would think she was for the prosecution as she was the friend to go to Cancun...I am sorry and don't mean to make anyone bang their head as to my ignorance in bringing up something that happened early on in the trial. I just cannot find it and am wondering if my dear Mom has it wrong and she did not actually testify in front of the jury. What I really need to know is if the jury heard about the tire slashing, the hacked accounts and her crawling through the doggy door to stay in his home without his knowledge. Thank you and again I am sorry for questioning extremely old testimony but I am spinning in circles over here and making myself batty!

No, she did testify.

Here it is: Just auto. Starts at 48:00 right after opening statements.

Jodi Aris Trial : Day 1 : Opening Arguments (No Sidebars) - YouTube

Is anyone watching Dr D? Chris Hughes giving me chills!

I know I'm in the minority but he seems so smarmy to me. I was just watching that and it made me want a shower.

They also want to use this "expert" to refute Dr. Horn's rebuttal testimony. Motion was filed a couple of days ago.

Sweet eye candy Dr. Horn? Is this witness a medical examiner too? Medical doctor of ANY kind??

And honestly, even if the DT presented us with an xray of that finger having an actual break in it, I would never believe that JA didn't break it while in jail to back up her story. Just saying......I would break my own finger if I was in her place, wouldn't you?

Other WS who have medical knowledge have said that is not a broken finger. It's a finger with a severe injury to the tendon. You know, like the kind of injury you might get if your hand slips down the hilt of a bloody, slippery knife while you're in the process of slaughtering someone.

Oh god jodi says she had a vision and shes supposed to marry travis

Jeezzoooo

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

Chris Hughes is setting the record straight. Talking about how creepy and evil JA was that night she was listening at the door (their conversation with TA about how they did not like JA)
Said ALV story on the stand about the HUGHES was bogus. They told her to move ON! If he's not giving you what you want, just MOVE ON! Said JA had a vision in a dream that she was supposed to marry TA.

No, she claims to know how. She testified that she jammed it on a metal drying rack at work.

*sighhhh* this is my point. Why does she have to lie about this? Why cant she admit she cut her finger during the murder but doesn't remember. She admits to stabbing him although she doesn't remember.

It makes no sense. And to the other poster that said it was related to the January incident. These are two separate incidents. She claims she cut her finger in June at work.

Oh god jodi says she had a vision and shes supposed to marry travis

Jeezzoooo

Yea and she had visions of sugar plumbs dancing in her head too!...*censored!*

*sighhhh* this is my point. Why does she have to lie about this? Why cant she admit she cut her finger during the murder but doesn't remember. She admits to stabbing him although she doesn't remember.

It makes no sense. And to the other poster that said it was related to the January incident. These are two separate incidents. She claims she cut her finger in June at work.

Because one of her stories was that Travis did it so she has "proof" of DV if she told the truth that it happened june 4th she would have nothing

Actually I thought he had a pretty good point. RS and ALV were such clowns, there is a reasonable case to be made that the state would have been better off letting their testimony sit unrebutted, and that Dr. JD's testimony opened the door for jurors to aver from the DP because "Jodi has mental problems."
IMO, the State was careful not to over emphasize Jodi's personality disorders/mental issues in the rebuttal case for fear they might lose a few jurors to the belief that whatever ails her made her less responsible for her actions. I'm sure that Dr. DeMarte's assessment of Jodi produced far more than a diagnosis of BPD. I think JM wisely focused on how Jodi's behavior before, during and after the murder closely matched the symptoms/behaviors associated with BPD while at the same time, debunking the defense experts' attributions of the same behaviors to PTSD/battered women's syndrome and the fog BS.

Yea and she had visions of sugar plumbs dancing in her head too!...*censored!*

And that also fits in with what her father said to det flores that she was going to marry him

Shes just on another level of cray cray

I wonder if conversations like this go on between JA and her DT:

JW: Calm down Jodi, take this, and these .. we can counter what Dr DeMarte said in closing, I know you don't have BPD .. it's OK .. what colour shall we wear tomorrow...

JA: But it's not faaaaaaaaaair .. I'm not BPD, I'm NOT, I'm NOT!!!! Can't we bring ALV or Dr S back to show where she is WRONG ..

JW: We know she's wrong Jodi, she made a lot of mistakes and is very young, didn't you see my cross? The jury was lapping it up!

KN + JA : *crickets*

JA: We need to bring ALV back .. she's still under subpoena .. can't we, can't we?

KN: Ah no .. we can't talk about her anymore .. I think we should all wear green again, everybody loved that.

JA: What about someone else, what about that friend of hers you were going to use after her and Samuals what about HIM?

KN: Look, it's too late, we have to do it in closing, if we try and bring anyone else in that would be a surrebuttal and there's just no way we'd get one.

JA: What's this about a surrebuttal?

JW: *kicks Nurmi under the table*

JA: I WANT A SURREBUTTAL!!!!!

KN: *kicks himself under the table*

JW: I agree, we should all wear the green again.

KN: Alright, we'll try OK? *mouths 'don't worry, JSS won't let us' to Wilmott*

JW: *mouths 'she better not' to Nurmi*

JA: Yes, the green, everybody loved us in green :)

As I'm LOLing over this Chris Hughes is explaining how ALV and the DT twisted and peverted those emails, and their advice to JA to "move on."

:stormingmad:

Also, she cut her finger(s) on a margarita glass at margaritaville. :facepalm:

Isn't that what she told DB when he questioned her bandaged fingers?

Because the injury can't have occurred in June when she is insisting it happened in January as a result of an attack on her by Travis.

Why is so Jodi so adamant in denying the cuts to her finger took place during the killing? I just don't understand this.

Is the Judge allowing time for Juan to cross-examine this witness? Or will DT run the clock out on the court day?
Everything from "qualifying" the witness to the jury, direct, cross, redirect, juror questions, re-re-direct and the state's re-cross has to be done on Wednesday. Judge told jury the day could go until well after 5:00 p.m.

I don't want to belabor this point but she admits, based on the evidence, she can only conclude that she stabbed him. She's not throwing down the play by play. It's a different thing.

She can't admit it because it may be interpreted by the jury as the "first cut" of her own execution.

jmo

You know what's wrong with all this?....Flores gave Arias TOO much time to sort things out. In fact, he gave her the Intruder idea on July 15th. Don't get me wrong, I really like Flores but I think he botched things up a bit or at minimum, didn't zero in on her soon enough. Flores started talking with her June 10th. That's a LONG time to get rid of everything including the DVD player that Darryl received in lieu of the gas cans. Both Darryl and Matt knew about the burglary and/or were involved. So Arias probably told Darryl to ditch the remote as early as June 10th.

I mean, this chick had enough time to lie in her own journal so to have continuity in her alibi and innocence.

Then we have the State. The State in essence not only gave Arias 6 weeks to get rid of any incriminating evidence BUT gave Arias 2 years to perfect her new and improved story too. Her 'self defense' story didn't come up until 2010.

I don't know how but I think the State needs to address all this time in Closing, that is essential to all of Arias' stories!

It didn't help that the body wasn't discovered for five days. In Flores report it states the DNA match came back as Jodi's on July 3. The Grand Jury indictment was July 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99