State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a difficult time imagining stabbing someone even one time, it would be horrifying. Such as in these scenarios:

-Stabbing someone in self-defense, just once, trying to disable them because your life is in danger. Because the act of stabbing into a living human being is so violent, so bloody so shocking, and because you actually are in fear for your life, you then drop the knife and run for dear life.

or this:

-Stabbing someone in a violent fit of uncontrolled anger, just once, because when seeing the blood you realize what you're doing, it brings you to your senses so you stop, step back, and are horrified and in shock at what you just did.

No one can ever, ever in a million years explain to me, much less try to justify, how anyone close to human could stab someone almost 30 times, then follow it with a very deliberate throat slashing and gun shot to the head. Then follow it up with dragging and stuffing their dead body into a shower, then turning on the shower and washing them off. I cannot comprehend it.

This case totally screams calculated planning and premeditation by someone who is cold-blooded, someone who is evil.

The more I think about it, I just don't believe that JA is fully human. She is missing something, some component that is required, something that makes us human. I just now realized, that is why I find her so repulsive.

I cut myself a little on my finger the other day with one of those scraper razors (accidentally), it still hurt even though it was a little cut...I can't imagine what Travis went through. I am like you I can't imagine how a human being can do something like that...like you said it's just evil. There are evil people in the world, taht's just the way it is. There is no fixing those people.
And I believe people like Jodi are the worst of the worst cause you can't see it...they can put on the act, I'm sure most of the peole on death row someone would get a sense just being around them for a few seconds, like a weird sense something is not right with them. With Jodi it's more dangerous cause you can't ever tell. It's hidden deep inside, she knows how to hide it while the others evil like her don't know how to hide it. Just scary is what it is.

OUCH! That door slams a little too hard.:floorlaugh:

Agreed, for the most part. I think someone like JA, with her psychopathy, will thrive in general population prison because

a) for the first time in her life she will belong somewhere
b) she will have regular sustenance and medical care
c) she will be able to trace more pictures, claim them as her own and sell them to people with more money than brains
d) she will be able to conduct TV interviews
e) she will insert herself into the genpop and exploit the other inmates at will
f) she will be contained, which in our worlds is like being hugged - I hope you understand the metaphor. LOL

I think JA will be just fine, better than she's ever been, in the genpop. She will thrive.

That's why she deserves the needle.

This IMO is so dead on accurate that I'd have it posted in a sticky to this forum if I could.. IMO this is so true and it is so very much the reason that in this specific case, with these specific circumstances, and this specific defendant the only just punishment is that of the penalty of death..

You better damn well believe that ANYTHING LESS THAN THE PENALTY OF DEATH WILL BE A WIN FOR JODI ANN ARIAS..AND SHE ABSOLUTELY WILL ADAPT AND LITERALLY THRIVE LIVING HER LIFE IN GEN POP BEHIND BARS, PERIOD!

If there were ever a case, a crime, and a defendant that were truly deserving in every way possible to be sentenced to death, it is this one, IT IS this defendant , Jodi Arias!

Jmo.

I had the opportunity ( not by choice) to watch all the interrogation videos.

Sad... Not even the detectives saw her for what she was. I found myself screaming at my iPad! No way was she going to confess to anything for anyone's else's sake. Woman detective talked on and on about bringing closure for Travis's parents...eyeroll...her parents, make her look like a caring person. They believed she gave a crap about other people, her soul, her reputation. Ummmm Noooooo!

She's a psychopath. They should have lied to her and told her a confession and remorse would help HER. She have sided with jodi about feeling used and tossed aside because Travis didn't think she was good enough. That the detective would go to bat for her.... Made a show of turning off the recorder. For a little girl power chat.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's because of the fact that Jodi tried to turn it around with the Hughes with that e-mail that they feel a little defensive or whatever, and we are picking up on it...idk..
I am by no means being hard on the Hughes and am listening more to what they have to say before I make any judgement on them.

Now... PPL.... that's another story...

Thank you I understand we're all trying to understand.

So other than the pics related to the murder, the other pics could have been from another time?

No. They were taken with his camera.

Sorry but that makes little sense to me. What placed her there were all the pics: the bedroom ones and the shower ones. Why would she place herself there? What am I missing?

Why is this Abe person on DD every other night? He went on ONE date with Jodi. Media/Camera/ Air Time/ Addict much?

Listening to old testimony, why did we have to listen to JA sing, and giggle and be annoying for so long after sex recording. Why couldn't TA just hang up and go to sleep like most guys would have.... Goes to show, he was nice to her

So other than the pics related to the murder, the other pics could have been from another time?

I am not into conspiracy theories...I believe if there was a chance they were from another time the State would have brought it up to the jury. That would be a very important piece of information, critical to the murder. So I trust Juan he wouldn't hide anything.

Psychopaths can leave the "inner demon/monster" hidden for quite awhile. I know this because I was with a psycho years and years ago.

And psychopathy becomes more pronounced, grows and matures, crescendoes by a certain age. JA was at the right age for this to occur. Hers had reached it's peak. Her failed relationship with Travis was nothing but a catalyst. If it hadn't been Travis, it would have been someone else not far down the road.

No. They were taken with his camera.

Hi Linda :seeya:

I guess I'm having a hard time believing that TA in any way voluntarily agreed to engage in sex with JA on the day she slaughtered him, that's why I asked about time. JA wasn't above transferring pics to his camera either IMO, just as she wasn't above having letters forged.

Well said! :rockon:

There is no treatment that would cure JA IMO. If she is given LWOP, the lives of the other inmates and guards are at risk IMO.

If she lives, another will die at her skeletal hands.

It is only a matter of time.

I seldom watch after dark on hln, but I did watch part of it tonight and something the so called defense mentioned was that if this was premeditated, she would not have spent 12 to 13 hours there before killing him. I'm inclined to believe this, but hear me out before throwing the tomatos.

What proof has either side shown (other than the liar's words) that JA was there for that long. If I am not mistaken, one can be at the same location at two different times of the day / night, but leave inbetween those times, even for up to 10 to 12 hours I'm sure. Did JA leave at some point and if so was she waiting to rendezvous with someone? Could she have been formulating a better plan? Go to WM to buy rope? Heck, anything could have happened in those hours preceeding the violent attack on TA.

I believe even Jodie's parents thought she was evil.i also believe that her dad is seriously knowing his daughter is evil and a murderer. I thought the mom at the beginning and now she's drank that cool aid.

I agree az lawyer
Jodie's dad does not show any emotion towards Jodie! Just weird family dynamics. Wasn't that trip she made to mesa! Was when Jodie kicked her mom and refused to leave with her? Didnt she call Travis from the uhaul and say she was sleeping in it. So he lets her come to sleep for the night and she clung for four days longer. He should have. Seen the red flags all along. The incidents at the Hughes ( her listening ) at the door, with the evil glare! he should have taken her action serious. I don't know if he did but it cost him his life. The woman was not right in the head, her actions not normal.

I saw some of Jodi's father's interview with Flores tonight that I hadn't seen before. He has an odd way of speaking. He seemed to have little if any affection for his evil little offspring. He talked about Jodi's behavior leading up to the murder. He stated that she was paying her 3K a month nut with credit cards for some time. Apparently her Mom had given her money on several occasions to bail her out. Sounded like her downward spiral was well under way when she met Travis. I thought to myself ...she really saw him as a way out of the *****ty existence she had created for herself. Her Mom blew 2,500 bucks to fly out here to AZ and rent her a Uhaul. I can imagine she was beside herself with defeat. Living in her grandparents little house with none of her plans working out. So much motive. I hope the jury has a read on what really happened.

Sorry but that makes little sense to me. What placed her there were all the pics: the bedroom ones and the shower ones. Why would she place herself there? What am I missing?

She erased them, I don't think she intended to leave that sort of evidence behind. She probably did it to entice him, put him in a lull.

I have a difficult time imagining stabbing someone even one time, it would be horrifying. Such as in these scenarios:

-Stabbing someone in self-defense, just once, trying to disable them because your life is in danger. Because the act of stabbing into a living human being is so violent, so bloody so shocking, and because you actually are in fear for your life, you then drop the knife and run for dear life.

or this:

-Stabbing someone in a violent fit of uncontrolled anger, just once, because when seeing the blood you realize what you're doing, it brings you to your senses so you stop, step back, and are horrified and in shock at what you just did.

No one can ever, ever in a million years explain to me, much less try to justify, how anyone close to human could stab someone almost 30 times, then follow it with a very deliberate throat slashing and gun shot to the head. Then follow it up with dragging and stuffing their dead body into a shower, then turning on the shower and washing them off. I cannot comprehend it.

This case totally screams calculated planning and premeditation by someone who is cold-blooded, someone who is evil.

The more I think about it, I just don't believe that JA is fully human. She is missing something, some component that is required, something that makes us human. I just now realized, that is why I find her so repulsive.

This reminds me of a 48hrs I saw once where a serial killer/rapist broke into a home. The woman somehow got him at gunpoint, and he walked up on the gun. They were that close to each other, and she said that she could not pull the trigger. He raped her, but she was the only victim he left alive.

Can you imagine? She definitely would have gotten self defense, so no, I can't imagine how Jodi could get it.

And I apologize. I don't remember the case. I watch SO many of these shows, it's hard to remember. It might even have been something from court TV and not 48hours.

She wasn't a sophisticated murderer. She made mistakes. Thank goodness.

During her time in jail, and during the course of this trial, she has learned an enormous amount and if she is ever released she will not make the same mistakes twice. That is why she is a danger to the public, other inmates and the prison guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local