State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the dates of the photographs...I believe it was Robert Brown (please correct me if I'm wrong) that testified that the exif data in photo files shows the original date, time, and which camera (even down to the serial number in some cases) the photo was taken with. I would think that if the nekkid pics from June 4th were actually from an earlier shoot that the police would have uncovered this and we'd know already.

JMO

I believe that Melendez testified that all the nudie pics recovered were thumbnails (JM asked him why some were blurry), that is why some have a timestamp and some don't.

BBM~ She could be French-Canadian from Quebec.

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Julie, bonjour. How are you?

CHRISTOPHER: Bonjour. Yes.

PINSKY: Hey, Mark (SPEAKING FOREIGN LANGUAGE)

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: OK. Mark, go ahead.

EIGLARSH: (SPEAKING FOREIGN LANGUAGE)

OK. That`s Russian. But, all right. Julie, can I ask you. Was there -- did you ever know at all Travis to be violent with her or with any one? Is there any truth to this at all? He seems like such a wonderful, peaceful, loving guy. Did you ever see any side of his different?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/21/ddhln.01.html

I have no idea if she is French or Canadian...
But they were speaking French on air.

She is an odd woman!

and ewww I saw the tan mom pics...
it ranked up there with JA's pics.

Hi Linda :seeya:

I guess I'm having a hard time believing that TA in any way voluntarily agreed to engage in sex with JA on the day she slaughtered him, that's why I asked about time. JA wasn't above transferring pics to his camera either IMO, just as she wasn't above having letters forged.

I agree. Jodi isn't above anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. Wasn't Chris Travis' PPL mentor?

I've worked in an MLM and your upline is often very concerned about your personal life cuz they don't want you to be distracted from the biz. This is especially true for high earners like Travis. If JA started to be a top-performer under Travis (okay folks,have fun with that comment!), then the Hughes would likely feel differently towards JA. Just a thought and only IMO. :twocents:

I believe even Jodie's parents thought she was evil.i also believe that her dad is seriously knowing his daughter is evil and a murderer. I thought the mom at the beginning and now she's drank that cool aid.

I think her mom is just doing what moms do,

Was that the one where he put all her body parts in the suitcase and walked out of the hotel with the suitcase?

I don't remember the details, but I remember the name. It's definitely the one getreal posted above. I'd never seen that pic of her before though. ewww. Crazy what some people think is worth killing over.

Listening to old testimony, why did we have to listen to JA sing, and giggle and be annoying for so long after sex recording. Why couldn't TA just hang up and go to sleep like most guys would have.... Goes to show, he was nice to her

This made me giggle...but you have a very valid point there imo

I saw some of Jodi's father's interview with Flores tonight that I hadn't seen before. He has an odd way of speaking. He seemed to have little if any affection for his evil little offspring. He talked about Jodi's behavior leading up to the murder. He stated that she was paying her 3K a month nut with credit cards for some time. Apparently her Mom had given her money on several occasions to bail her out. Sounded like her downward spiral was well under way when she met Travis. I thought to myself ...she really saw him as a way out of the *****ty existence she had created for herself. Her Mom blew 2,500 bucks to fly out here to AZ and rent her a Uhaul. I can imagine she was beside herself with defeat. Living in her grandparents little house with none of her plans working out. So much motive. I hope the jury has a read on what really happened.

And we know she resented that little room and grandmas house. Her room appeared to be the size of Travis's closet. We KNOW she was beyond pissed about that... She remarked it was bigger than her cell.

I so wanted Juan to snap back that's its bigger than Travis's coffin!

BBM~ I agree. If I was sleeping at my BF's friends' house and woke up and them talking, i'd be curious too as to what was up. Thank you. I'm not the only who thinks Chris Hughes is more weird than Jodi is this instance.

Yes, but would you stand outside the closed door listening, spying, as JA did, or would you knock on the door?

JA was extremely intrusive with everyone IMO.

What day was TA supposed to leave for Cancun? Anyone remember?
June 10--that's why Mimi showed up at his place on June 9. She had been trying to reach him for several days about the trip, but couldn't get a hold of him. She also found it strange that he wasn't at Church on Sunday and didn't show up for the Family Home Evening that night (Monday).

I don't remember the details, but I remember the name. It's definitely the one getreal posted above. I'd never seen that pic of her before though. ewww. Crazy what some people think is worth killing over.

I'm too much of a narcissist myself to think murder is a good idea! lol and unlike Jodi ... I'm smart enough to know that I am not smart enough to get away with it:)

Call me genius roflmao!

Agreed. Good way of putting. :seeya:

I've worked in an MLM and your upline is often very concerned about your personal life cuz they don't want you to be distracted from the biz. This is especially true for high earners like Travis. If JA started to be a top-performer under Travis (okay folks,have fun with that comment!), then the Hughes would likely feel differently towards JA. Just a thought and only IMO. :twocents:

I seldom watch after dark on hln, but I did watch part of it tonight and something the so called defense mentioned was that if this was premeditated, she would not have spent 12 to 13 hours there before killing him. I'm inclined to believe this, but hear me out before throwing the tomatos.

What proof has either side shown (other than the liar's words) that JA was there for that long. If I am not mistaken, one can be at the same location at two different times of the day / night, but leave inbetween those times, even for up to 10 to 12 hours I'm sure. Did JA leave at some point and if so was she waiting to rendezvous with someone? Could she have been formulating a better plan? Go to WM to buy rope? Heck, anything could have happened in those hours preceeding the violent attack on TA.

Not sure, I think there are many possibilities... here is my thought for the time. We know that JA wanted him for herself, so it would make sense to me that if she could have him for herself once more, she would take advantage of that time, and she may have been hoping he would change his mind and take her to cancun.

Also, listening to the recorded sex tape, it is obvious that TA did enjoy her, she was willing to do what many girls don't, especially in his 'circle'. He knew she was trouble, but I don't believe he had any clue that she would go to the extreme of killing him, so being persuaded to 'get down' as JM would say would not surprise me. Maybe she was wearing the maid uniform when she arrived (I'm kidding) I think KN made a copy of that picture

Yes, but would you stand outside the closed door listening, spying, as JA did, or would you knock on the door?

I'd listen! I'm nosey...

Good point. I would knock and ask if everything is ok. But, this Chris Hughes who saying this story, who knows if he is BS'ing.

If he was so worried about Travis, wouldn't he try to find him before Cancun?

I saw some of Jodi's father's interview with Flores tonight that I hadn't seen before. He has an odd way of speaking. He seemed to have little if any affection for his evil little offspring. He talked about Jodi's behavior leading up to the murder. He stated that she was paying her 3K a month nut with credit cards for some time. Apparently her Mom had given her money on several occasions to bail her out. Sounded like her downward spiral was well under way when she met Travis. I thought to myself ...she really saw him as a way out of the *****ty existence she had created for herself. Her Mom blew 2,500 bucks to fly out here to AZ and rent her a Uhaul. I can imagine she was beside herself with defeat. Living in her grandparents little house with none of her plans working out. So much motive. I hope the jury has a read on what really happened.

She even admitted in Flores interview...something like one of her goals was to be wealthy. It was an accidental slip on her part.

What is striking in that interview is the father never once refers to JA as his daughter. Then, when referring to JA's sister, he says "my daughter" etc. Most parents would have said "my other daughter". It's like he has given up on JA....and did so a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local