State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh size matters!!! I don't like potato chips with bubbles in them either or ones that are a little burned. I think I end up throwing away half the bag because of these strange peculiarities.

Omg did you ever get a GREEN chip?

Running scared.,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My list of snacks for closing (though I'm not sure if I'll have an appetite)

A couple of barrels of Cheetos/Planters/Utz

Funyuns Onion Rings

Cape Cod potato chips..all varieties!

Kettle chips (Cheddar and red onion flavour)

Coke (made with real sugar) in small glass bottles

For Juan's closing, I only need a cigarette. I know it will that satisfying. For deliberations: A really fine wine. More wine.
For the minutes before the verdict is read: band aids for when my nails dig into my palms.

For the guilty 1st degree: knee pads for when I say thank you God.

Not sure if any of you out there saw the "HLN After Dark" show last night. The mock trial for the in-studio jury was "DID JODI ARIAS COMMIT 1st DEGREE MURDER?"

In summary 11 out of 12 jurors voted Guilty. 1 juror voted "not guilty", and as everybody knows, that's all it takes for Ms. Arias to walk...

The one juror that did not vote Guilty agreed with a premise that was created by the "dream team" of defense experts. Their assertion is that because Jodi spent 14 hours at Travis' house, even though she may have intended to murder him, this timeline shows that she had the opportunity to kill immediately, but changed her mind. Then...something happened that led to an argument, fight, his death, etc.... Based on this assertion, the defense argued that 1st Degree Murder can be taken out of consideration if there is evidence that the person changed their mind

Sadly, the HLN prosecution team had no answer for this.

I sure as hell hope the defense team in this case does not try to pull a stunt like this to confuse the jurors.

Let's please keep this in mind, and hope everyone in that courtroom does too, including Juan and the jurors - We all know that Jodi turned her phone off, used gas, cans flipped her license plate, etc. to avoid detection. What has been one of the most basic vital factors to avoiding detection when travelling "off the grid" since the inception of time??
TRAVELING UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS

For Jodi to arrive at Travis' house at 4:00 AM, she would have left the Pasadena, CA area at approximately 10:00 PM (shortly after nightfall). And anyone that has lived in Arizona in June knows, the sun rises by 5:00 AM. She used this small 7-8 hour window of darkness to make her murder trip to Travis' house.

If Travis was killed close to 6:00 PM on June 4th, this allowed Jodi just enough time to put his body back in the shower, clean herself up, change her clothes, collect the murder weapons, dispose the camera, try to clean the scene, etc. All of this would have taken approximately 2 hours IMO. Sunset on June 4th, 2008 in Mesa, AZ was approximately 7:34 PM. Perfect timing for Jodi's getaway.

The timing of this murder in no way shape or form should absolve Jodi of 1st degree murder charges. In fact, IMO it further goes to premeditation. I hope this hits home with the jury this weekend.

Those are good, I also like the cheddar ones..they are so hard to find at the grocery store...I usually have to buy them at 711 type stores

We have WAWA's out here... They got rid of them to sell their own brand... Which are awful! I have to go two towns over to the 7-11!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beth Kara's said on Tricia's radio show that premeditation could be in the moment if JA had time to reflect. The fact that 2 weapons were used she had to switch at some point so there was time to reflect. Regardless of where the knife was or the gun was, the gas cans, deceptive actions etc indicate premeditation. I really really hope the jury gets this.

The legal thread is so worth a read for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. These are minor4th's replies to the questions re the additional testimonial

No, that would not be what Geffner would testify about for a couple of reasons: 1) like you said, this was addressed in the states case in chief, and there was nothing new brought out in rebuttal, and 2) Geffner is a psychologist, not a medical doctor;, and 3) I believe the pleadings stated that his testimony will rebut the BPD diagnosis given by Demarte.

No, but this is not the first time this defense has tried to stretch their case beyond established legal principles and procedure.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197372"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197372[/ame]

OK then! A psychologist whose expertise is in DV is going to attempt to rebut the expert testimony of an actual medical doctor. :floorlaugh:

BJHKuq_CIAEXKXS.jpg:medium

I think she and her brother didn't know the new defense claim, so they had no idea Travis was being dragged through the mud. I also think their brother's suicide still affects her quite deeply (I believe it occurred around the time of her arrest).
Agree. Dan said he didn't know about the shift in the defense until he took the stand; the same could be true about Desiree. You're also correct about the long-term impact of their brother's suicide. She is still young and her world has been rocked in a very sad way. Compassion/understanding may be in order, and neither of these two are to blame for what happened to Travis.

It was Col. Mustard, in the dining room, with the candle stick.

Pffft! by the way I have not seen the new revised television program on that series of Jr. now I'm going to have to google as far as who shot Jr!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I believe Jodi should pay for her crime, don't get me wrong. But I don't believe everything Chris Hughes says, for example, I don't believe his and his wife's email were taken out of context. If Juan could have done something about what was said in the email to turn it around, he would have. All Juan could do was to try to get as many objections in as possible. It is understandable that Chris Hughes doesn't want any excuses for Jodi and does not want to help the person who murdered his friend in cold blood. I think that the Hughes really believed that Travis was a womanizer, in context or not. They were warning Jodi about Travis' past, that can't be taken out of context. I know we want justice for a cold-blooded murder but the truth is the truth. Whether this will make a difference, maybe in the sentencing phase. I don't defend murderers or liars.

Flower, I agree 100%, the truth is the truth and it shouldn't ever be shaded.

Here is my confusion about the emails back and forth from Travis and the Hughes....I would like to know the date of that email, because at some point I came to understand that they were written BEFORE Travis even started officially dating her. Does anyone know the date of those emails?

Not sure if any of you out there saw the "HLN After Dark" show last night. The mock trial for the in-studio jury was "DID JODI ARIAS COMMIT 1st DEGREE MURDER?"

In summary 11 out of 12 jurors voted Guilty. 1 juror voted "not guilty", and as everybody knows, that's all it takes for Ms. Arias to walk...

The one juror that did not vote Guilty agreed with a premise that was created by the "dream team" of defense experts. Their assertion is that because Jodi spent 14 hours at Travis' house, even though she may have intended to murder him, this timeline shows that she had the opportunity to kill immediately, but changed her mind. Then...something happened that led to an argument, fight, his death, etc.... Based on this assertion, the defense argued that 1st Degree Murder can be taken out of consideration if there is evidence that the person changed their mind

Sadly, the HLN prosecution team had no answer for this.

I sure as hell hope the defense team in this case does not try to pull a stunt like this to confuse the jurors.

Let's please keep this in mind, and hope everyone in that courtroom does too, including Juan and the jurors - We all know that Jodi turned her phone off, used gas, cans flipped her license plate, etc. to avoid detection. What has been one of the most basic vital factors to avoiding detection when travelling "off the grid" since the inception of time??
TRAVELING UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS

For Jodi to arrive at Travis' house at 4:00 AM, she would have left the Pasadena, CA area at approximately 10:00 PM (shortly after nightfall). And anyone that has lived in Arizona in June knows, the sun rises by 5:00 AM. She used this small 7-8 hour window of darkness to make her murder trip to Travis' house.

If Travis was killed close to 6:00 PM on June 4th, this allowed Jodi just enough time to put his body back in the shower, clean herself up, change her clothes, collect the murder weapons, dispose the camera, try to clean the scene, etc. All of this would have taken approximately 2 hours IMO. Sunset on June 4th, 2008 in Mesa, AZ was approximately 7:34 PM. Perfect timing for Jodi's getaway.

The timing of this murder in no way shape or form should absolve Jodi of 1st degree murder charges. In fact, IMO it further goes to premeditation. I hope this hits home with the jury this weekend.
Fortunately the State of Arizona has a one man "dream team" in Juan Martinez and not the lightweights representing the prosecution on HLN.

[/B]

SBM
BBM

No, it takes one to hang the jury and retry her. She ain't walkin' IMO.

QUOTE]

snipped and BBM

One juror going with NG does NOT allow Jodi to walk. It's a mistrial, there will be another trial (unless they allow her to plea to LWOP) I don't know the statistics but I think the prosecution wins most re-trials after a hung jury.

Fortunately the State of Arizona has a one man "dream team" in Juan Martinez and not the lightweights representing the prosecution on HLN.

There's a reason why those lightweights spend their time as TH's, while the heavyweight champs are too busy in the trenches actually practising their craft.:floorlaugh:

Can anyone decipher this please? TIA!
(and what does the "LOW" signify?)

4/29/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 4/30/2013

Beth Kara's said on Tricia's radio show that premeditation could be in the moment if JA had time to reflect. The fact that 2 weapons were used she had to switch at some point so there was time to reflect. Regardless of where the knife was or the gun was, the gas cans, deceptive actions etc indicate premeditation. I really really hope the jury gets this.

She had 30 times to reflect. After each stab. and/or throat slashing.. dragging him back to the shower.. and gun shot.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Flower, I agree 100%, the truth is the truth and it shouldn't ever be shaded.

Here is my confusion about the emails back and forth from Travis and the Hughes....I would like to know the date of that email, because at some point I came to understand that they were written BEFORE Travis even started officially dating her. Does anyone know the date of those emails?

CH said April 2007 on DrD last nite
Iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members