State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe JA was humanized on the stand, nor by her behavior in the courtroom. I can't imagine the jury as seeing her as likeable or believable. Cruel and conniving is more in line with what I've seen, but I could definitely be wrong.
I'd say her testimony de humanized her if I thought she was human in the first place. I think her testimony brought out some of her 'worst' which can only be a good thing in front of the jury.

I was just re-watching Juan's cross with Jodi Day 25...what struck me was the fake text she sent him on June 6, it reads "Hey, I need to know when you're going to deposit that check." Why did she say THAT check? I know she already knew he was dead then and so it's fake, but still why wouldn't she just write "I need to know when you're going to deposit the check." I believe that her excuse when she got to Mesa was she told Travis that she had the check with her, so she thought instead of mailing it why doesn't she just take a detour from her trip and give it to him, it would probably get there faster than if she had mailed it...then she probably went into her tangents about post offices and I can deliver it faster I was already near you, blah , blah , blah. That's why she said "hey why haven't you mailed that check," because it was central to her whole excuse of showing up there in the first place.

Remember Peeps.... there are other "ladies" on DR that have also taken the stand in their OWN DEFENSE. And.... it didn't work.

Not everyone sees acts of Horror as HUMAN. Most of us think of them as animalistic and horrific.

I know this jury will get it right. There is NO WAY anyone can look at those photos and find one ounce of compassion for the person who inflicted those wounds, no matter what the reason.

That is my theory and I'm sticking to it. She will get the DP and it won't take them long to come to an agreement on that decision. Not from what I have seen from AZ juries in the past.

I don't believe JA was humanized on the stand, nor by her behavior in the courtroom. I can't imagine the jury as seeing her as likeable or believable. Cruel and conniving is more in line with what I've seen, but I could definitely be wrong.

I disagree with victor, I think she lied so much to the jury! Many have agreed that it was a mistake putting her on the stand.
It showed the combative jury and! Juan did a good job of crossing her.

Dirty little secret he introduced to his friends and took on trips!! And was seen being affectionate with!

The only time he basically hid the relationship, is after his friends were very vocal about their reservations about him being with Jodi. They were creeped out by her. I think the description of Jodi that was spot on....... she looks through you, with those soulless eyes, not AT you,
eye.gif
eye.gif

She said on the tape, "that's so debasing"...pause..."I love it!"

RBBM: Another "Jodi word" ... omg ... can't remember how many times she used or misused that one, in addition to many other words ...

:scared:

:seeya:

GOOD POINT in the video: "Jodi Arias took the stand and testified about self defense! She didn't testify about a sudden quarrel or a heat of passion!"

She really didn't!

But I don't like what Marc Victor said about Jodi getting the LWOP and not the DP because putting her on the stand humanized her. I agree, but I didn't like hearing it.

I think perhaps how it humanized her is the key. What I saw were two different people on the stand while Ms. Arias was testifying, and then to top it off, a witness who outright looked the jury in their eyes and lied to them regarding their questions. If all we saw of Jodi was her behavior with Mr. Nurmi, perhaps I would agree with Mr. Victor. Given her other performance to Mr. Martinez, I can't seem to agree with Mr. Victor.

So, if both of those are from "Day 1", then Willmott made a wardrobe change between videos?

Nope. The second one (David's) is audio only so you see clips from the trial including other days otherwise they've all change clothes, well apart from JSS

GOOD POINT in the video: "Jodi Arias took the stand and testified about self defense! She didn't testify about a sudden quarrel or a heat of passion!"

She really didn't!

But I don't like what Marc Victor said about Jodi getting the LWOP and not the DP because putting her on the stand humanized her. I agree, but I didn't like hearing it.

How can you humanize a monster? If there were any doubts before trial, JA's abhorant behavior during the trial should seal the deal - she is pure evil! I don't believe this jury will hesitate granting her wish - the DP.

What I don't understand is how is a diagnosis of BPD new evidence? Dr. Samuels stated during testimony that he initially thought Jodi had BPD but decided it was PTSD. Shouldn't it be the defense's obligation for him to go over why he thought one over the other? Why is JSS allowing a new witness to rebut a witness the prosecution called to rebut the Defense's initial experts?

Watching Opening Statements - JA is NOT wearing glasses! When did she 'develop' her vision problems???

DT got her glasses to make her look dull and unattractive.

The only other time I've heard the word debasing was about a month ago when I read "Fifty Shades of Grey" (which I absolutely disliked). It wasn't sexy, it wasn't interesting, it was written poorly, and the main characters were pitiful. No plot, nothing. I'm glad I only paid a couple of dollars for it.

Sorry for being so O/T. Yikes.

I don't know. AZlawyer said this on the legal thread

Quote:
Yes, objections can be made during arguments, but should be limited to major issues.

There will be time limits on closing, but they will likely be quite generous in this case.

:seeya: Thanks !

:rockon: Mr. Martinez's Closing will be precise and to the point !

:banghead: The DT will drag on and will be all over the place !

:moo:

Wow this is my first time hearing the full opening statement. If Juan's closing statement is just half as good, that jury won't take long at all!

Is there a link for where I can hear this? I've never heard the full opening statement.

DT got her glasses to make her look dull and unattractive.

Watching the replay of the opening statement by willmottl.

So for those of us who buy stuff like this he would not spend $7 for KY but he would go and spend 25 yards for decorative stuff at Michaels? For the hands? I think not

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

BBM

IDK, supposedly someone sent it to her. She found it so offensive that she posted the link on her twitter page. :floorlaugh::scared:

And many people are trashing for for doing so....as they should. JMO

That juror said that Jodi wouldn't be given the death penalty because she took the stand and answered the jury's questions. During closing arguments, Juan needs to remind the jurors that when she answered their questions, she lied to their faces. He needs to mention all the lies she told. If this jury finds her guilty of manslaughter, I know a lot of people that need to go into the witness protection program. Put Juan at the top of that list. She WILL kill again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gethuman_us