State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She'd say, "the worse thing that would have happened to him was being murdered."

"And didn't you murder him, Ma'am?"

"In self defense."

"Ma'am did I ask you why you murdered him?"

"Yes, I think you did."

"Ma'am, I asked you if you murdered him, making you the worst thing that had ever happened to him."

"The worst thing....? I don't recall that."

"Ma'am....were you just not listening to what we were discussing two minutes ago?"

"Sometimes I have problems remembering."
Th
"Again, were you the worst thing that ever happened to Travis because you killed him?"

"Killed Travis? Travis is really dead....?"

"Ma'am, do you remember why we are even in court today?"
:floorlaugh:

I really think we are done here. At least I am. I am so tired of all the back and forth. We all know JA is guilty of predimated murder. It is now up to JM to wrap this up and put her on death row. There will be testiony tomorrow and then after that closing, I just hope it will be good and we can put this to rest. What we think makes no matter. It is what JM does and how the jury interprets it.

My mom "Megan, I am not replacing any more cell phones that you break after the verdict is read. Is that clear?" No, I do not reside with my parents, I just cried to her when I broke my old one after Orlando verdict.

Difference in current ARS and 2008-2009 ARS

2013-14
http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/00405.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

13-405. Justification; use of deadly physical force
A. A person is justified in threatening or using deadly physical force against another:
1. If such person would be justified in threatening or using physical force against the other under section 13-404, and
2. When and to the degree a reasonable person would believe that deadly physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly physical force.
B. A person has no duty to retreat before threatening or using deadly physical force pursuant to this section if the person is in a place where the person may legally be and is not engaged in an unlawful act.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/00404.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

13-404. Justification; self-defense
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, a person is justified in threatening or using physical force against another when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force.
B. The threat or use of physical force against another is not justified:
1. In response to verbal provocation alone; or
2. To resist an arrest that the person knows or should know is being made by a peace officer or by a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction, whether the arrest is lawful or unlawful, unless the physical force used by the peace officer exceeds that allowed by law; or
3. If the person provoked the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force, unless:
(a) The person withdraws from the encounter or clearly communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing he cannot safely withdraw from the encounter; and
(b) The other nevertheless continues or attempts to use unlawful physical force against the person.

The bold 13-405 B was NOT part of the ARS back in 2008-9 (also known as "Stand Your Ground). That's why there are several mentions in the court calendar of motions by the Prosecution involving "duty to retreat". JA claims after the shot, TA kept coming after her, in an attempt to circumvent the "duty to retreat". The underlined part JA had to claim TA "body slammed her" so it just wasn't "Oops, you dropped my camera, I'm not very happy!" JA had to use her imagination a lot more than if she had done this in the last year. She would also be considered committing a crime if she could NOT meet the criteria for "Deadly Force", thus the "Homicide during the process of a crime".

that day and probably other times. But I could see her showing up distraught after probably leaving messages when she was calling him in the days before she killed him, acting all horrified and repentant about whatever she'd done. She needed to keep him pacified and silent about whatever it was until she could kill him. I always think we have no idea about the things she did to him mentally. From what I hear about Travis I could see him fearing she would harm herself and backing off of any threats he made to expose her.

Or maybe, just maybe.... she showed up at the door with the gun pointed to HER head. Since, she she supposedly threatened suicide so often.

Travis got nervous because he did not want to feel responsible for her suicide.

He let her in... and the story is how would like to have it.

Kinda like those "Choose your own adventure" books. p.s: I loved those books!

a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force. cause if he did attack her, which we know he did not, she still would not fit that criteria.

That is where Jodi is FOS.

Who knew?!

Searcy is a motivational speaker, much as Alexander wanted to be. He holds patents for voice-recognition technology, once owned a champion Frisbee-catching dog who earned a big income, worked as a magician and wrote a book on the power of positive thinking. He is also involved in the same multi-level-marketing legal-insurance company that Alexander and Arias worked for when they met.

I think Jodi was with Deanna for 6 years and ever married her.

Then, along came Jodi. At first, Sky was looking out for Jodi, until she realized she had issues. And ineffectively tried to warn Travis.

After Travis and Jodi "broke up"; Travis was ready to look for a wife.

But considering how many girls he had hoped to/ asked to marry, it seems kind of strange that anyone who knew him would say he had commitment issues......

Who knew?!

Searcy is a motivational speaker, much as Alexander wanted to be. He holds patents for voice-recognition technology, once owned a champion Frisbee-catching dog who earned a big income, worked as a magician and wrote a book on the power of positive thinking. He is also involved in the same multi-level-marketing legal-insurance company that Alexander and Arias worked for when they met.

Apparently he is a dancer too. Someone had a video of him dancing last night.

and are not letting him opine about how the shot came first or what Travis could have done after he was shot or whatever opinion that he planned to give that he is completely unqualified for. I wondered if Juan just wanted his new witness, who has the same credentials, to testify that people with those credentials aren't able to render such opinions. Boy, does this trial need to be over....

As of right now the only witness is R.G. However, Martinez filed a motion sur-surbuttal(??) today to allow him to present a neuropschy... expert to rebut RG's opinion. There was a closed hearing today and as usual "closed" to everyone. Although, KCL commented that the Alexanders were smiling afterwards. So, we're :please: that Martinez was granted his motion.

This is what I have saved, someone posted earlier on here:

Text from TA with no replies from JA in between:
05/26/08 at 07:59:15am

I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew about you he'd spit in ur face. So would everyone else I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness. You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures. I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

Sounds like blackmail to me.
*I am thinking J Freeman???
Who killed himself the day she was arrested?
I wonder if opened up to her in confidence and she threatened to
tell everyone? Maybe Travis discovered she was blackmailing J Freeman?
I do not think he had anything to do with Travis' murder.

It has to be bad...
I may never figure it out.
moo

Yay! And court tomorrow "until they finish" according to the judge! Closing arguments start Thursday.

Well, I wouldn't count on it. It's more likely that we are now entering the sub-rebutall phase now. More prolonged and painful bchite coming this week.

moo

They have NOTHING on Travis. The letters was just a way to paint Travis in a dark shadow, and she had help too. That is the lowest imo a woman can ever accuse of man of.

In a twist, I feel that is the moment Jodi lost the jury, when she brought up that story. I could be wrong, but if I had to pick a moment, that'd be it. It's just so silly and stupid and makes no logical sense. Not only is it a stupid lie, but it is a disgusting, evil lie to tell about someone you murdered and really, to me, could only have come from the mind of a deviant. Who else would have even thought of making something like that up unless they were?

I really think we are done here. At least I am. I am so tired of all the back and forth. We all know JA is guilty of predimated murder. It is now up to JM to wrap this up and put her on death row. There will be testiony tomorrow and then after that closing, I just hope it will be good and we can put this to rest. What we think makes no matter. It is what JM does and how the jury interprets it.

JM tried to wrap it up. The DT was allowed a sur-rebutall. So, here we go again...

They have NOTHING on Travis. The letters was just a way to paint Travis in a dark shadow, and she had help too. That is the lowest imo a woman can ever accuse of man of.

They had letters that were deemed forgeries and were not allowed into trial and they have spiderman underwear that no one has ever seen. That's it on the pedophile accusations. Nothing else. Oh - I almost forgot, they have her testimony that she picked up pamphlets at a mall - you know the ones that say "Are you a pedophile, if so, we can help!"...

lol

moo

It's absolutely absurd to even suggest it. Imagine, these "young people" who do everything on the computer - IM, email, Facebook, myspace, texting and phoning and he's going to HAND WRITE a letter explaining that he's a pedophile? For what? To help her out when she's in court? HAHAHAHA. It's completely ridiculous. Beyond logic.

moo

This was my way of thinking the very instant I heard of these letters!

Did Jodi script the Travis pedophile letters from friend who shot himself on 7/15/08 because he was attracted to boys & afraid to act out? (Joshua Freeman).

Perhaps Jodi used the intimate details of her friend Joshua Freeman’s struggle with alleged pedophilia as the script for her accusations against Travis.

Here is why:

The Freeman family was VERY close to Jodi. Daniel and Desiree Freeman testified to this for the defense. Jodi spent a lot of time with them. Also, both of may have visited Jodi in jail.

Joshua Freeman, Daniel and Desiree's brother, was the closest to Jodi. He had been sexually abused by a neighbor as a young boy and was tormented by inclinations inside himself. He was afraid he couldn’t control things he'd done and what was brewing.

Joshua purchased a small handgun in the days leading to his death (perhaps Jodi was with him and this is when she bought the 9mm she was going to run away with)?

Jodi was arrested on Tuesday, July 15, 2008.

Joshua shot himself on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This also totally flies in the face of her explanation that, "Travis never wanted me to write it out anywhere, not in text, not in email...etc." So he's going to write a bunch of long winded letters? It would make Jodi feel totally special that she'd the only one he "wrote" about this alleged issue of his.

Jodi is the long winded writer here. Points to her.

What date was on the letters? Was this what TA was so upset about, or were these fabricated after he died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand