State rests rebuttal case - thread #167

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone has just joined us, here's part I of this morning. There are pan shots of both sides of the court in this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNXxQjn5IM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNXxQjn5IM[/ame]

So basically Wilmott is making this some personal "gotcha" game with Dr. Demarte? It's certainly not helping Jodi.

"So because Dr. DeMarte didn't reach the conclusion we wanted her to then she's obviously incompetent, right?"

That's not an actual quote, just a summary. :banghead:

I'm sorry. I can't stand JW any longer. (Goes and watch the andy griffith show). I'll just read here occasionaly

They look at the scales and lines and determine what they say. At this point, I'd find a tarot card reader more interesting.

I HATE the way she gets away with it! :rolleyes:

It's all good.

Makes it far easier for Juan to make him look really stupid.

Avoidance? . Roflmao!
Sexuality... Roflmao!
Dysfunctional scale... Guilt over sex? Jodi! Omg! I am rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were a juror I would ignore Samuels/ALV/Demarte and this guy's testimony and focus on the actual murder! I don't care about PTSD and BPD or whatever else!

I don't think I would do that. I would pick the one I found more credible and that would be Dr. DeMarte hands down.

The defense knows DD hurt their case really bad and that is why they had to come back with this dude.

imo

This is brutal. I'd rather not even say JA has BPD. She murdered a man in cold blood. That's all I need to know. Let the experts deal with her 'disorder' when she is on death row.

Right Rose, when did this type of defense come about ? It's really stretching it imo.

I am having a hard time seeing how this is relevant. Surrebuttal is allowed solely to rebut evidence introduced on rebuttal that was novel and goes to the heart of the defense's case. The only issue that might have been novel and important from Dr. D's testimony was related to the personality disorders. The defense has otherwise had their shot at battered woman syndrome, PTSD, and the various and sundry other nonsense that their experts spewed.

Surebuttal generally isn't proper simply to rebut or impeach a rebuttal witness. So I am only hearing some of it, but to me this is well beyond the scope of the rebuttal.

O/T - you may have to wait for CroakerQueen to put this mornings testimony up on Youtube. I don't think any members of WS took screen shots.

Thanks - I am just really happy they could all be there for Travis and each other it shows great character and strength.

No and don't make me stop this this car and give you what for with my wooden spoon. :stormingmad:

Threatening wooden spoon abuse, are you? Isn't that listed on ALV's domestic violence continuum? Citizen's arrest!!! Citizen's arrayest!!

Does Wilmont have a time limit with this Dr?
Did Juan get the OK for a sur sur rebuttal? Anyone??

None of these experts (state's experts included) even agree on anything. What hope is there to really help victims of abuse and trauma!?

Yeah, gives me the impression that experts are like colors - just depends on your preference.

I believe that there is nothing intentional about it. I think she just has her facts wrong. She is not quick on her feet, like JM.

Well than she is not quick on her feet frequently.

So.... If someone uses the old test for let's say...3months after the release of the new one. Does that make the old one invalid?

Answer... Heck no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be a good juror question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads