State rests rebuttal case - thread #168

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still disturbed by the testimony about the gunshot wound to the brain and particularly the testimony that the dura matar is thick, and that the bullet didn't penetrate the dura. Well, got me to thinking, so I looked up the typical thickness of the dura:

"Human dura mater is a protective membrane surrounding the brain. It has a fibrous structure. Typically, with age, the dura mater thickness changes from 0.3 to 0.8 mm." Then I checked the autopsy report and sure enough, it does state that the dura matar was intact. I don't like it but it's there. The only thing I do believe is that a bullet to the head such as TA suffered - if indeed it was inflicted while he was still conscious (which I seriously doubt) - would have stunned him into unconsciousness for up to a minute or more. Getting hit by a small pebble with the force of a pea shooter would feel like a wallop and would stun anybody for a period of time. I think it's unreasonable to believe that being shot in the head even if the bullet didn't penetrate the brain would have no initial negative consequence - and that's pretty much what the defense wants the jury to believe.

Referenced this article to find the dura matar thickness: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1303608/

Am I the only one who finds this guy endearing? I cant help feeling sorry for him

This is so far beyond classic. Sadly, I feel we are in the weeds a bit.....
Dis the witness as a shrink....and then really dis the witness as an 'ME'....its
time to close!!!!!

That's his schtick, though. He took Dr. Demarte's work apart and he laughed with Willmott about it. Throwing a fellow Psychologist under the bus like that is unprofessional and uncalled for.

Good point! Thank you~:seeya:

You don't need those old summary scales, now do ya?

SummaryScale_zps7be89d32.jpg

Notice when Wilmott gets up Nurmi turns his chair away from Jodi, he turns it back when she sits back down ..

Anybody else find it disconcerting all the defense experts boast almost the same level of experience? (35 years, just in case anyone happened to miss the 1,798 times Dr. Samuels happened to mention it. ;))

Now this is what I thought she was: A sexual Deviant. This confirms it for me.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

This new "thank you" tactic of Juan's to cut off someone from a long answer is very interesting. New material from Juan.

----

True. I love it.

I think Juan is making him nervous. JMO

If JM was questioning me about anything, I'm pretty sure I'd spill my water too...maybe pee my pants....not to mention that whole live streaming across the planet thing...

I get that it's awful to be a witness for a defense, especially THIS defense...but I feel bad for the guy.

I'm beginning to think that I'm dreaming this entire thing, because nothing in reality could be this strange.

I concur....and it doesn't help that JW is still babbling on HLN...make it stop!:please:

Dr. D
:back: :back: :back: :back: :back: :back: :back:

Jennifer
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ME
:floorlaugh: :rockon: :loveyou: :lol:

aww....lol. I feel embarrased for him. How cute he's blotting the papers with tissue. (Not a fan...just feel for him a little)

Keep up the great work Juan!!

I honestly don't hate this guy. I think he's basically an ok person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member