State rests rebuttal case - thread #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel sorry for him, not one bit
He signed on for this if ya can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen

Willie Nelson! Give this guy an old, beat up guitar, waist-length gray braids and a string of beads! Absolute ringer for "On The Road Again."

Thumbs up for Juan! :heartbeat:

5z1oj6.jpg

now that ....is the coolest cat i have seen in this trial.

During sidebar, Jodi is thinking of the baloney sammich she'll be served in about an hour.

Do you remember how gracefully Dr. Demarte poured water and answered questions, without skipping a beat, belching or spilling?

sigh, this judge has to be as tired as I am of the Objection - Approach - BS.

Seriously JW, Object, state your reason, get a ruling, not every dang thing requires an approach. When you do this repeatedly it give the impression that the DT has a LOT of secrets they want kept from the jury. The jury is not stupid, they pick up on that kind of thing.

You are wasting my time, and you are killing your own case.

sheesh, I have reached a point where I am beginning to agree with those who find this woman to be a bit of a joke and not a very good trial attorney.

Jodi sitting there with wrong finger bent. She has her pinkie bent right now!! Go look!

JA is nodding off...betcha she slinks to the floor before this day is over.

This is good, but when Juan goes after the medical examiner comments it is going to be GREAT!
frosted-flakes-tony-tiger-del0311-lg.jpg

You guys are lucky, watching on tv HLN and my court has NOT started yet, Jaun is not on yet and its 6:47 here.

FYI -- here are some links to court cases in which Geffner testified and was found not credible, along with selected quotes from the opinion about Geffner.

Clark v. Collins, 956 F. 2d 68 - Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit 1992
The state trial court found that Dr. Geffner's affidavit lacked credibility for three reasons: (1) the evaluation, which makes conclusions as to Clark's conduct in 1987, was conducted five years later, in 1992; (2) Dr. Geffner did not review the court records or a transcript of the trial testimony; and (3) Dr. Geffner relied upon records from Clark's childhood in Pennsylvania, with no records since 1976, and upon hearsay information supplied by Clark's attorneys, with no independent verification of the information, and interviews with Clark. The state court further found that, even if credible, Dr. Geffner's affidavit does not support a conclusion that Clark was either incompetent or insane at the time of the murders, or that he did not act deliberately within the meaning of the first special issue.
O'ROURKE v. O'ROURKE, Tenn: Court of Appeals 2009

Dr. Geffner testified on cross-examination that he no longer treats patients, but devotes all his time to consulting work related to his specialty[/B]. Father's attorney questioned Dr. Geffner about his participation as an expert witness in a number of cases in different jurisdictions. These included Clark v. Collins, 956 F.2d 68 (5th Circuit 1992), a criminal case from Texas in which the court found that Dr. Geffner's affidavit lacked credibility[/B], in part because it was based on hearsay information supplied by the defendant's attorney, with no independent verification of the information.

The court likewise excluded Dr. Geffner's testimony in Hawaii v. French, 129 P.3d 581 (Hawaii 2006), which involved allegations of child sexual abuse. In State v. Supulvado, 655 So.2d 623 (La. App. 1995), the court limited Dr. Geffner's testimony because he mostly relied upon information supplied by the defendant and because although he is not a medical doctor, he tried to testify about the effects of brain damage on emotional functioning. Dr. Geffner acknowledged that he has testified in a great number of cases, but stated that he did not remember very much about the facts of those particular cases.

State v. Sepulvado, 655 So. 2d 623 - La: Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit 1995

The defense also presented Dr. Robert Geffner, a psychologist and president of the Natural Resource Center on Family Violence and Sexual Assault. He evaluated the defendant and reviewed records from Dr. Moore and Ms. Bruce. He testified that defendant suffered from "post traumatic stress disorder" (PTSD) and "dependent personality disorder." He concluded that the defendant probably had a learning disability and some brain damage. He further concluded that she was psychologically paralyzed and suffered perceptual distortions. He admitted that he was not a medical doctor and that "it was not clear to [him] if at the time [of the offense] she really did not know that what she was doing was wrong." Dr. Geffner relied on information provided mostly by the defendant.

In rebuttal, Dr. Seiden, the state's expert, disagreed with Dr. Geffner's statement that a person with a battered woman syndrome cannot make a decision. According to Dr. Seiden, a person with such a disorder may be afraid to make a decision, but that is different from not being able to make decisions. Dr. Seiden also testified that a battered woman usually will stay and let herself be subjected to abuse, but will make a decision to leave when she sees her child is in danger. He said, in the instant case, the defendant was making decisions constantly because a decision not to do something is a decision.

Do you think she has any idea how much time she spends proving her finger is just fine? Was watching her hands and there is nothing wrong with that finger 90% of the time

It was sickening to watch JW have this "chick moment" with JA just then. Gross; inappropriate Green Atty.

The killer rolled her eyes exactly like my DD did at 13 when i said her skirt was too short. I think JA is stuck in middle school.

HLN will be on at 3am in the morning still pausing and un-pausing, reminding viewers they won't miss a moment!

I honestly don't hate this guy. I think he's basically an ok person.

I agree. He answers the questions and doesn't beat around the bush or argue. So much better than ALV or RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper