State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um. No. The Dr. that just testified for the defense is not a medical doctor and he stated that if the bullet didn't perforate the dura matter, it didn't enter the brain...That's a pretty significant error. The expert should know that. I think everyone is getting lost in this case. I have no doubts that at the very least TA would have been stunned and grossly debilitated regardless of where that bullet went, but an expert making a mistake like this after the scrutiny he has been under...Hmmm.

I'll have to sit and think about this. I'm sure the jury will as well.

moo

Uh oh a typo for him too?

I missed Dr. Horn but now streaming... Is this hurting Dr. Horn do you think?

TYPO: in the ME's report he said the dura mater was INTACT yet in order for the bullet to have penetrated the brain it could not have been. He says the dura mater must have been perforated and saying it was intact in his report was a typo.

Would you have any confidence to continue to ignore the results of the lie . .

it would be depend on the situation ....ongoing evaluation . . .person lied only one time . . .if forensic evaluation and only one bite at the apple - i would explain the validity and explain that in my report and discuss it and just be honestwe approach?>

would you attempt to score this 3 times?
objection judge - may we approach>

Clearly if the dura mater is intact, nothing pierced it and thus, didn't enter the brain. If the report mistakenly said it was intact, it means the bullet followed a path that skimmed or skirted the brain. TA would have had minimal impact and incapacitation. It means JA's story has a bit more credibility. TA would have been able to be mobile, and maybe verbal, threatening her life. I don't believe it but that error was huge.

Jodi being credible?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Not laughing at you. But really!

Clearly if the dura mater is intact, nothing pierced it and thus, didn't enter the brain. If the report mistakenly said it was intact, it means the bullet followed a path that skimmed or skirted the brain. TA would have had minimal impact and incapacitation. It means JA's story has a bit more credibility. TA would have been able to be mobile, and maybe verbal, threatening her life. I don't believe it but that error was huge.

The bullet didn't end up where it was without penetrating the durameter. The "skirting the brain" (which most likely would have damaged the durameter anyway) scenario only works if the bullet exits or stays right up against the skull

Dr. Horn has a good sense of humor. He did a great job!

So I'm gathering that sexy man is back on the stand? I just started watching, and I'm listening to this Dr. RG, who has been talking about his experience but hasn't said one thing about autopsying bodies in the first 25 minutes of his testimony.

You sound like you know about this sort of thing.....yet JW clearly doesn't as evidenced by her follow up question. Don't think the jury will get this point either.

JMO

The cold blooded killer knows her egg is cooked.

Hah!

Her demeanor today was one of detached resignation.

She is out of lies and will soon be put on notice that she will not die a natural death.

and thats the bottom line....1st degree is a comin.....

I hate that JW calls Judge Stephens "Judge" whereas JM addresses her as "Your Honor." :twocents:

Maybe the juror wanted to get the correct answer? Doesn't mean they're pro DT or anything. I don't think a typo is anything to be sickened over. A typo is not going to be the end all be all of this case. If we were all sitting together I would make all of you strong cups of tea. It's almost over guys. Cross your fingers, pray, do whatever it takes. The end of the trial is drawing near and we are all terrified but all we can do now is appreciate Juan and his hard work and pray that justice prevails.

I thought the Scott Peterson trial had a hung jury and they just called in an alternate and got the guilty verdict. Did that not happen? Is that what happens?

I'm not at all worried about this. Clearly, there is a juror who understands exactly what happened and has some medical knowledge who was confused by something in the report that shouldn't have been there given what he believes to be true. So, he asked the doctor to clarify. No worries.

I have to be honest. I'm not really impressed with her so far.

I don't think Ms. Hayes was necessary and this testimony is not going as JM had hoped. She's having trouble following his questions (his style can be confusing) and she isn't giving the answers he expected.

I love my husband but am LIVID with him right now!! I've been away helping him with a presentation that he just HAD to have my attention on tonight and I've come back to see that they are STILL going? Omg, I missed so much!

Well, yes and no. You missed a lot of banal gasbagery and one or two moments of interesting stuff.

Did not think the child like behavior could get any worse. Slap me with a I was wrong sign. Slamming her notebook done. Better calm down. Funny part is I have windows open an right as Wilmott slammed her book down it sounded like 2 cats got into a fight right outside my window.

I'm not worried about the typo. Jury questions are favorable to the defense. Wafflers will be drenched in syrup, and consumed by those who 'get it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire