State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine what names that Dr. Horn was calling JW, in his head, as she snarkily questioned him, implying, basically, that he had no clue what he was doing?

I sure can! Several in my family have had to testify as professionals and the things they say they were thinking are hysterical.
Dr. Horn is a hottie!!:blushing:
What exactly does JW think pudding is?? A brick?

Ok, I just finished up explaining each photo and sending them to State Farm. I'm getting caught up on the trial by watching JVM, NG, DD and NG again. I just started the 10pm showing of NG which I just found out is After Dark. I'm seeing Dr. Geffner being re-directed after Juan sliced and diced him.

Who is Dr. Hays? TIA

It is a good point.

But I also think Juan and the ME should clarify what they mean by immediately incapacitating. People have been shot in the head and lived to tell about it. Some have been shot in the head and have been able to get up and walk around. But they are also going to be disoriented, in severe pain, they are going to have blood gushing out of their nose and maybe their mouth like a geyser. Could Travis really have done all the things Jodi says he did after a bullet has pierced through his brain? Is he going to just keep coming and coming? Would Jodi really not be able to tell that Travis was shot since he would be bleeding everywhere? Maybe it WOULD impair his ability to defend himself against a knife attack...

I will say it gives me some hope that there are some people here, actually A LOT, who believe the gun shot did come first but still think Jodi premeditated the murder and would still give her murder one. So hopefully even if that or those jurors are skeptical, (I might be too, the ME sounds too sure of this and there is a small possibility he may be wrong) that in the end they come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter because Jodi planned the murder and Travis suffered.

Juan asked what incapacitating means,, Dr. Horn said 1 or 2 seconds

wow....this last female witness agreed with what I had thought earlier about the 1st witness. Which is that no competant phsychologist should have formed an opinoin based solely on a test score without doing his own interviews and gathering his own data as well as doing a thorough case study of the patient.

I sure can! Several in my family have had to testify as professionals and the things they say they were thinking are hysterical.
Dr. Horn is a hottie!!:blushing:
What exactly does JW think pudding is?? A brick?

:rocker: Drippy's back!

That is not what I am saying.

I am saying whether or not the order of the murder is significant will depend upon the jury's instructions.

If they need to consider the order of events to determine self defense, for instance, would determine whether they need to concentrate on that. Is that not true?

I thought that was the entire point of the defense insisting that the shot came first.

I don't believe so. I think the only reason the DT wants us to believe the shot came first is it lessens the cruelty factor, so they say. I don't think it does but some say it does. The only way the order would be important to determining self defense would be in regards to if they believe Jodi's story. I don't think the order of the wounds is important legally speaking. Self defense is not determined based on the order the weapons were employed, as far as I know.

Maybe a lawyer could clarify.

Yeah, there is "RES-pit-ory" and the more British "re-SPIRE-a-tory" regional differences.

This mispronunciation of "mater" is not a regional difference. IMO, it is ignorance. The word origin of mater is latin-- for "mother".

Dura mater
Pia mater
Arachnoid mater
"etc"

And... Alma Mater... :book:

Juan asked what incapacitating means,, Dr. Horn said 1 or 2 seconds

1 or 2 seconds what? He passes out, he falls, he becomes disoriented, he feels it? Did they elaborate? That's what I mean.

That is not what I am saying.

I am saying whether or not the order of the murder is significant will depend upon the jury's instructions.

If they need to consider the order of events to determine self defense, for instance, would determine whether they need to concentrate on that. Is that not true?

I thought that was the entire point of the defense insisting that the shot came first.

They had to go with that for two reasons.

1, that's what Jodi's story is.

2, if Jodi said the shot came last - she would have to explain how she got it from where she was going to say it was... after bloodying herself, without getting a drop of blood anywhere in the closet - or the bedroom (other than the hall entrance). She certainly couldn't have said the gun was in the bathroom - guns and moisture do not mix.

Ok, I just finished up explaining each photo and sending them to State Farm. I'm getting caught up on the trial by watching JVM, NG, DD and NG again. I just started the 10pm showing of NG which I just found out is After Dark. I'm seeing Dr. Geffner being re-directed after Juan sliced and diced him.

Who is Dr. Hays? TIA

Holy crapola! I just went to HLN live and there is still a witness on the stand!!!
How many witness' did I miss? Are they all bashing Dr. DeMarte?

Dr. Hays is the last one, the blonde you see on your screen now. Sit tight, this one is funny... JW gets shut down.

Who is Dr. Hays? TIA
Juan's neuropsych. She rebutted Dr. Geffner and backed up Dr. DeMarte. Pointed out Jodi lied, several times- lying and tigers and bears, Oh My!

Holy crapola! I just went to HLN live and there is still a witness on the stand!!!

Not sure where you are at but yes, they tried to demean Dr. D for being so young. She ended up in my opinion much smarter. Young is fresh & have much more expereience in modern day society,

3 witnesses, dr geffner, who was the to rebut dr demater - but imo martinez really turned him into a prasecution witness dr (handsome) horne to rebut what geffner said about the shot not incapacitating, and now this dr - who is martinezes witness to rebut dr geffner :)

I don't believe so. I think the only reason the DT wants us to believe the shot came first is it lessens the cruelty factor, so they say. I don't think it does but some say it does. The only way the order would be important to determining self defense would be in regards to if they believe Jodi's story. I don't think the order of the wounds is important legally speaking. Self defense is not determined based on the order the weapons were employed, as far as I know.

Maybe one should because I understood it to be very crucial to the defense, so much so that isn't Flores in trouble about what he testified to in the Death Penalty hearing?

The defense, in my opinion, is trying to convince the jury that she shot him but the reason she stabbed him is that he still presented a threat. I can't even understand that reasoning, but that's not the point.

If it didn't matter, then why wouldn't they relent that she stabbed him first, he kept coming, so she shot him?

I don't know. I don't see any scenario that works for the defense, but apparently, they are insistent upon this for some reason. What is the reason if it doesn't affect deliberation of guilt?

I think the defense needs the gunshot first in order to prove self defense. Jodi's stabbing of Travis and nearly decapitating him doesn't qualify as self defense. Shooting him does. JMO

Dr. Hays is the last one, the blonde you see on your screen now. Sit tight, this one is funny... JW gets shut down.

Is the real testimony going on or did they finish awhile ago. Also is this witness a prosecution or defense witness? It sounds like a prosecution witness so far.

Thanks

Not sure where you are at but yes, they tried to demean Dr. D for being so young. She ended up in my opinion much smarter. Young is fresh & have much more expereience in modern day society,
I didn't find DeMarte to be inexperienced, as they tried to paint her. I found ALV to be out of date, despite "35 years of experience". ALV's knowledge was lacking, especially her CEU's. She's only got a Master's, not a Ph.D., and was NOT a keynote speaker (only in her own mind)!!!

What did you think of the day overall minor? Was this maybe not one of the state's best days?

What did you make of the juror questions? Thanks for your opinions. I really value them.

IMO this was not one of the State's best days. I think the new expert made some points for the defense. And I think Dr Horn's testimony came off as a little less certain

I think the defense needs the gunshot first in order to prove self defense. Jodi's stabbing of Travis and nearly decapitating him doesn't qualify as self defense. Shooting him does. JMO

Is the real testimony going on or did they finish awhile ago. Also is this witness a prosecution or defense witness? It sounds like a prosecution witness so far.

Thanks

Prosecution witness. Very qualified. And takes lying into her diagnosis and opinion. She did very well. Best of them all but like Dr. De's the best. It put this case at ground level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor