State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan's up first, then jenny, then Juan, then jury instructions.
Jury instructions are going first. It will then be Juan but either Nurmi or JW can present for defense. My money is on Nurmi. Juan then has the last word

The Farm - Yes Juan rested.

Saw a great comment in the "What should JM say" about most of our brains loving visuals when being told/taught something. I would love pictures and lots of show and tell. Play a couple of videos. Take the whole day if you need to

Where can I go to watch the cross of geffen by juan?
And also the hays examination?
I just couldn't stay up last night, but I need to get caught b/4
closing starts today...
Thanks a bunch and Good Morning to the early risers like me!!!:seeya:

Argh I may miss closing off to the hospital with my little girl something about her mastoid Sp?

Hopefully she will be ok and we will be back home soon.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Good morning :seeya:

Well this is it guys we are in the home straight.
I can feel some tears watching juans closing today, bringing it home for Travis.

I hope jodi is pooping her pants!!!

Hi Josie, You were here late last night. Well it was late night here. Did you get any sleep at all? What time is it there? Just curious hope you don't mind.
I went to bed at midnight and here I am again. I swear I was having a dream that was only showing a computer with Websleuths on it and I was reading it in my dream.

Argh I may miss closing off to the hospital with my little girl something about her mastoid Sp?

Hopefully she will be ok and we will be back home soon.

Really hope she is okay and also that you can be back in time for closing. You could try a mobile app for hospital through wildabouttrial and maybe get Internet access in the hospital ;)

Sorry, but I have a slightly different view. I think the juror was asking whether or not all frontal lobe GSW's are fatal and has he ever talked to someone who survived one to find out if he or she was initially incapacitated. I really doubt a juror would make a joke during this serious trial.

That jury showed their sense of humor and intolerance throughout the trial. Remember the question for Dr. Samuels (I'm sure it was Dr. S) about whther PTSD would also apply "if, say, you got a bad haircut"? :floorlaugh:

So many clever and sarcastic questions like that. Many for LaViolette showing the her that the jury wasn't stupid, didn't fall for her complete bias. There have been many, many entertaining and funny questions from the jurors, all during LaViolette's and Samuels' testimony. They were straight up serious with Jodi that they didn't believe her.

The jury is sharp. I don't believe they'd ask an irrelevant question to Dr. Horn that is based on his experience as a medical examiner. Which is why he's there. Not as a medical doctor looking to save a patient with a bullet to the brain or how many survivors he's heard or read about but simply reinforcing the point that each of the hundreds of .25 caliber wounds Dr. Horn has come across in the course and scope of his employment as a medical examiner resulted in a fatality. No survivors on his tables.

The question would have been phrased differently, e.g. "Do you know what the survival rates of victims with similarly inflicted gunshot wounds happen to be?" or "How probable would it have been for Mr. Alexander to survive this shot to his head if he had not sustained the other injuries?"

So I agree with kpm that the juror was making a point that a) they get it and b)Jodi is dead in the water. lol

What happened with Haye's testimony? I had to log off after she started. Did anyone else testify after her? Is no one else concerned about the dura mater question?

I have had human anat & phys classes, worked on cadavers, and seen many gruesome crime scene and autopsy pictures, so I do not usually get emotional when viewing or discussing or hearing testimony regarding these types of things. But when the camera panned over Travis' family and their devastation while the discussion of brains puddling off an autopsy table and seeing Stephen trying to be so stoic, and visibly blanching when he heard that Travis' brain was green gray pudding, I couldn't help myself. That was brutal, and I couldn't help crying. I will fast and pray with the family this weekend.

i feel ya. it's so much different when there is a story behind the person you see the pictures of. i always viewed bodies as bodies. travis' photos, well when i look at them it's like i know him as i would my brothers. i cried when i saw his family the other day when deanna was on the stand. i wish i could turn back time and save him. he didn't deserve this. it breaks my heart.

i will fast too on the 5th i think it is? or the whole weekend?

Good Morning peeps (for all the early birds).

I went to bed at midnight too and thought I would sleep until at least late morning, but. noooooooo. I woke up at 4:30 am and here I sit reading and waiting for CA. I really need this to be over soon.

I am praying for Travis' family and friends today and I am sure Juan will do right by them and for our precious memory of Travis Alexander.

Where can I go to watch the cross of geffen by juan?
And also the hays examination?
I just couldn't stay up last night, but I need to get caught b/4
closing starts today...
Thanks a bunch and Good Morning to the early risers like me!!!:seeya:
On Youtube, search for Croaker Queen, Tawnidilly or David Lohr. CQ is normally first with her clips. David edits out all side bars

5 months of this trial? 'Bout time to step away from the computer for a shower, then.

Do we start at 9 am today or 9:30?
Gosh, I'm nervous! This is the first time, lol!

They were told to be there at 9:15 so 9:30 I expect it to start if they start on time.
I have not been nervous at all until yesterday. Dr Horns little typo got to me only because the DF is all over it. I know logic shows the bullet did penetrate the brain. I only hope the jury knows everyone makes typos. I just wish Dr Horn had caught it beforehand. The premeditation was proven to me long ago. I believe the evidence is strong. Hope the jury fully gets it.

Does anyone think Nurmi, while presenting closing arguments is going to bring up SEX again., and again. I don't think I can stand to listen to more of that filth.

What happened with Haye's testimony? I had to log off after she started. Did anyone else testify after her? Is no one else concerned about the dura mater question?

All witness testimony is now finished, the state rested

I'm not concerned, it was clearly a typographical error.
If you go back and watch Dr. Horn again when he was asked the question, he seems surprised and checks his report.

Looks like the feed messed up while the judge was reading the question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mndhWeknjFU#t=1258s

Ok, found the full question and answer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zg7yATGtCaE#t=1326s

since when is an exageration not a lie. In my world it has always been a lie because exageration by its nature contains a measure of untruth.

Maybe that is why the mental health world is such a disaster.

Good morning all! No G-baby yet.....Please, please, please little one...hold off til I hear Juan's closing.....please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member