State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to give it up last night after jury questions to Geffner, did anything happen after that? Did Juan call anyone else?

Yes. But as I was in a fawg after the ME boo-boo....I kinda zoned out on who, what, where.....

But in the end I believe Juan finished strong with this last witness. Some other super sleuthers will have to fill you in.

I am still getting through Dr. G's testimony. IMO, he's been there best witness of the whole trial.

I realize that is a low bar, just sayin'

He's leaps and bounds better than Dr. Sam or the non-shrinking violet.

Watch it for a second time once you get through the first run. I came to the conclusion that he was there to avenge his friend ALV. He stubbornly refuses to answer questions from Juan while easily answering Willmott's, he actually mocks, laughs at and denigrates Dr. Demarte's merits as a Psychologist and her work on the case.

He then refutes the testimony of Dr. Horn and claims that there is no such thing as a "shock wave" created by the bullet and that the bullet would have to hit specific areas of the brain in order to do damage. Absolute garbage!

Once you see it a second time you'll see he is actually LYING about the 'floating profiles'--and that's just one example.

The judge who called him a "hired gun" was spot on.

.....whew!....
Woke up a tad groggy, so I just consumed my first ever Red Bull....
....now I am so hyper I don't know what to do with myself! Just did more housework and baking in the past two hours than I have in the past two months combined.....:hot:

Woke up feeling really positive that the jury will bring forth the right verdict!

.....also keep reminiscing about all the Juanderful moments in this trial...the "six foot two inch tall prosecutor" and gopher rocked :rockon:

Feeling anxious for TAs family...excited and sad too.... justice will be soon-but the ultimate outcome- Travis should still be alive- is not attainable....

Also extremely furious at the scheming, lying murderer...I abhor her....:stormingmad:

Just a hyper, mixed bag of raw emotions.....so glad I have this forum to share how I feel...

guys, were the jury questions yesterday good?

They seemed to lose interest as it got later...they had some good ones for Dr. Horn and none for the last witness, who I thought was excellent. It was a blond woman--does anyone have her name?

My favorite part of the day was when Dr. Horn noticed he made a typo on his report about the dura mater being 'intact'--it was NOT intact. Jenny lost her mind!

that juror question for horn solidifies that a person, or people, are buying arias' story. it served no purpose, unless it was to see if horn was willing to merely concede ground.

For me, I took that juror question to mean that every autopsy Dr. Horn had performed on a frontal lobe gunshot wound was dead meaning all of Dr. Horn's cases were deceased, but these other experts expected the jury to believe that not only would this gunshot wound NOT HAVE KILLED Travis, but that it would not have incapacitated him either, that he would have been able to do what Jodi claims with a bullet in his head. The comparison was what I thought this juror was pointing out, all of Dr. Horn's gunshot wounds to frontal lobe are dead on a table but Travis is ambulating and actually attacking.

Dr's are people too and they make mistakes. Unlike the lesser Dr's who took the stand, he admitted to his.
Documented perforation of the Dura or not, TA was murdered by JW's client and in cold blood.
I have to admit I've read his report several times and never caught that error. I assumed he was referring to the overall condition of the dura and not the small area perforated by a bullet he documented in detail. I doubt any of his colleagues would have caught that typo either or if they did would have understood he was referring to the absence of disease etc. and not the entry point of a single bullet.
A typo didn't kill Travis, Jodi did and unless the jury is looking for a reason to let a murdering psychopath walk free, they won't give that detail more than a fleeting thought. They're probably just happy they don't have to wake up and deal with and see what Dr H has to see and deal with every single day of his working life. :twocents:[/QUOTE

DR Horn knows what he's talking about.
If you look at the pictures of puddles of congealed blood on the floor that would be the same thing that blood would do if there was a lot of blood inside the skull from a bullet traveling through the skull.
The blood just doesn’t go away even after several days.
The clotted blood would be distinguishable from brain matter.
There was none or a very small amount found in the skull cavity.
This alone is proof that the bullet to the head was after death or the slit throat.
There is no other option that would cover the lack of blood in the skull cavity and proves MR Travis Alexander was shot last.
The hemorrhaging in the tissue around the throat cut proves Travis was still alive when his throat was cut.
I believe this evidence alone proves Jodi has lied about how the murder took place and there is nothing the defense can do to refute this evidence.
If you look at nothing else but these facts alone proves her lies and if her whole story about how the killing took place was a lie then there is nothing else the jury can do but come in with a verdict of quilt of premeditated murder.

Obviously defense had other ME's looking at this report and none of them caught it either. It was discussed here on WS in the "event" thread and it was caught by a number of WS posters. It was obviously a mistake or Dr. Horn was referring to the general condition of the brain other than where the bullet entered and exited the skull into the cheek. If the bullet went through the skull, which we can see it did, then it would have had to perforate the dura mater because that membrane is right up against the skull. So to even argue that the bullet never ripped through the dura mater seems inaccurate and I'm surprised that Dr. G did not bring that to JW's attention which probably proves that Dr. G really did not look at the report carefully himself. jmo

After Closing Arguments and the Jury gets the case, will they go directly into deliberations?
How long will they go?
Can the Jury decide that they don't want the weekend off, and deliberate until they are done?
I'm hoping that if they can, they will say, we want to start now, until we are finished.

Oh and Good Morning!!

O/T I haven't followed the Amanda Knox case. I watched a bit of her recent interview. She doesn't appear believable. I don't know if she's guilty or not. I looked at the AK thread but it confused me even more as I couldn't find a list of the actual facts in the case. I will do a little research during the weekend.

:seeya: GM, all!

I just wanted to make a couple of comments before this very serious and important court day gets started.

I do not post a lot during the trial coverage but am here every day and watching every movement in the courtroom on camera. A long time ago I noticed how Wilmott is constantly, feverishly taking notes. That is one of her downfalls and source of confusion. She is so busy writing that she misses hearing some important points and also confuses herself when she attempts to question a witness from her notes. Then at times she just flips out like she did when she told the judge she was lost! She can take notes and object at the same time, lol! She drives me nuts with her writing, objecting, and approaching. Last night was a long haul and I honestly thought she was going to lose it on Dr. Hays!

I think Wilmott and Nurmi will divide up their closing argument. They are allowed to do that in Arizona, aren't they?

O/T: I used to tell my 2 daughters as they were in the 10 to 17 year old range that they should both become defense lawyers because every time I would get onto them about anything they had an opening argument, CIC, and a closing argument! The only thing they forgot was that I was THE JUDGE and meted out the punishment!

Here's to a great day for our Juan! :rockon:

For Travis' family: :please: stay strong. GB all of you! There WILL be justice for Travis!

Hi. Good morning! Yep, Grammies and I are both going to be great grandmothers. How cool is that?

:loveyou: :skip: :loveyou: :skip:

Congratulations Indi and Grammies!!! How awesome!!

:loveyou: :skip: :loveyou: :skip:

Keep us posted & post pics of the little lambs! Babies are my favorite thing in the world & how exciting is becoming a great grandma??? Wow!

O/T I haven't followed the Amanda Knox case. I watched a bit of her recent interview. She doesn't appear believable. I don't know if she's guilty or not. I looked at the AK thread but it confused me even more as I couldn't find a list of the actual facts in the case. I will do a little research during the weekend.

I think she's guilty. :twocents:

So glad testimony is over and justice is near!

Now to quickly clean up my house so I can sit on my booty the rest of the day and still look like I accomplished something when everyone gets home! :sweep:

Yes! Testimony went on for about three months too long. We can thank Jodi for 18 days of that!!

After Closing Arguments and the Jury gets the case, will they go directly into deliberations?
How long will they go?
Can the Jury decide that they don't want the weekend off, and deliberate until they are done?
I'm hoping that if they can, they will say, we want to start now, until we are finished.

Oh and Good Morning!!

From what we are hearing they can decide how long they deliberate each day but no weekends. They will not be sequestered and will be back on Monday if they get the case tomorrow and have not made a decision.

guys, were the jury questions yesterday good?

They sounded good to me nurse... I firmly believe this jury gets it, but am being cautiously optimistic. Much as I would hate to see the state of Arizona
have to re-try this case, I would rather a hung jury than an acquital, which I
cannot fathom, but stranger things have happened.

Just a guess. An hour for jury instructions. A couple of hours for the Defense, 3 hours for the State? I think it will likely go on till after 4:30 p.m.

Caught a clip of Beth Karras, who is most always correct, indicating jury instructions (possibly one hour) followed by JM's closing argument which could take a large amount of the day. Then the defense, which she expects Nurmi to give, followed by JM's rebuttal of the DT closing. She is not aware of any time constraints put on the lawyers for closing arguments. I do have a feeling that the DT will try to prolong this so that the jury is kept from beginning any deliberations before Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether