State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously defense had other ME's looking at this report and none of them caught it either. It was discussed here on WS in the "event" thread and it was caught by a number of WS posters. It was obviously a mistake or Dr. Horn was referring to the general condition of the brain other than where the bullet entered and exited the skull into the cheek. If the bullet went through the skull, which we can see it did, then it would have had to perforate the dura mater because that membrane is right up against the skull. So to even argue that the bullet never ripped through the dura mater seems inaccurate and I'm surprised that Dr. G did not bring that to JW's attention which probably proves that Dr. G really did not look at the report carefully himself. jmo

And especially since it was JW's non-medical expert who testified to it. That was just ludicrous. WTH did that man think he was ...?

For those worried about the ME's typo, rest assured pictures tell a 1000 words. He gave an in depth descriptions with photos to explain cause of death. Sometimes pictures are more powerful and make the biggest impression. I would go with his testimony over a written report any day. JMV

IMO, if they base a case on a typo, they have serious brain issues.

Thanks for this and thanks to Croakerqueen and all the other livestream uploaders.

If any of you read this, please check out KPHO's livestream.
They never stuttered their feed once last night and will be the stream I tune into today. I really don't want to miss a second of the closing arguments.

Good morning jellybeanz, thanks for the info. Would you happen to have the link. Yesterday was terrible, I couldn't keep the wild and az feed--felt like it was on an infinite loop. tia

Hi. Good morning! Yep, Grammies and I are both going to be great grandmothers. How cool is that?

My adorable 3 year old grandson just left. I love that boy but he reminds me so much of my son at that age. And it is my daughter's son, not my son's. Which leads me to believe that my oldest child was a horrible influence on her brother.

My 5 year old granddaughter spends EVERY thursday night with me. It's her night,she picked it, and does NOT deviate from it.

FYI- Mr Red just was so abusive. I asked him to turn the keurig on ( for that pre speed cleaning cup of java) and he did! But did not make me a cup! I am in puddle of tears on the floor.

O/T I haven't followed the Amanda Knox case. I watched a bit of her recent interview. She doesn't appear believable. I don't know if she's guilty or not. I looked at the AK thread but it confused me even more as I couldn't find a list of the actual facts in the case. I will do a little research during the weekend.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_knox"]Amanda Knox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher"]Murder of Meredith Kercher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

guys, were the jury questions yesterday good?

I saw a couple of :scared: reactions last night some saying they sounded like they believed Jodi or the DT. Others disagreed with that. I wasn't here to listen for myself.

Good Morning! I am so glad I shut down the computer before jw made a fool of herself cross examining Dr. Horn. I have no doubt my fingers would have over rode my better judgement and I would be watching today from the sidelines. When she jumped up and asked Dr. Horn if he was aware this was a capital case I was actually embarrassed for her. I just can't see that going over well with the jury either. I wish there hadn't been that typo on Dr. Horn's report, but I don't see it as, and hope it isn't, a big deal with the jury. Especially after all the omissions re ALV and Samuals. I am re-listening to Dr. Hayes and jw.....she isn't as snarky with Dr. Hayes but she still has the snark in her voice.

:seeya: GM, all!

I just wanted to make a couple of comments before this very serious and important court day gets started.

I do not post a lot during the trial coverage but am here every day and watching every movement in the courtroom on camera. A long time ago I noticed how Wilmott is constantly, feverishly taking notes. That is one of her downfalls and source of confusion. She is so busy writing that she misses hearing some important points and also confuses herself when she attempts to question a witness from her notes. Then at times she just flips out like she did when she told the judge she was lost! She can take notes and object at the same time, lol! She drives me nuts with her writing, objecting, and approaching. Last night was a long haul and I honestly thought she was going to lose it on Dr. Hays!

I think Wilmott and Nurmi will divide up their closing argument. They are allowed to do that in Arizona, aren't they?

O/T: I used to tell my 2 daughters as they were in the 10 to 17 year old range that they should both become defense lawyers because every time I would get onto them about anything they had an opening argument, CIC, and a closing argument! The only thing they forgot was that I was THE JUDGE and meted out the punishment!

Here's to a great day for our Juan! :rockon:

For Travis' family: :please: stay strong. GB all of you! There WILL be justice for Travis!

True. She's either taking notes or yacking with her defendant. How distracting!

After Closing Arguments and the Jury gets the case, will they go directly into deliberations?
How long will they go?
Can the Jury decide that they don't want the weekend off, and deliberate until they are done?
I'm hoping that if they can, they will say, we want to start now, until we are finished.

Oh and Good Morning!!

The jury cannot deliberate on weekends or at night because there is no security at the courthouse. And probably no money to pay for the guards to stay. Last night it was arranged for security to keep the courtrooms open late to finish the testimony.

Hi. Good morning! Yep, Grammies and I are both going to be great grandmothers. How cool is that?

How exciting!!!! My kids are only 14 and 10 but I'm already looking forward to grandkids. (no time soon though, please!)

Congratulations!!

.....whew!....
Woke up a tad groggy, so I just consumed my first ever Red Bull....
....now I am so hyper I don't know what to do with myself! Just did more housework and baking in the past two hours than I have in the past two months combined.....:hot:

Woke up feeling really positive that the jury will bring forth the right verdict!

.....also keep reminiscing about all the Juanderful moments in this trial...the "six foot two inch tall prosecutor" and gopher rocked :rockon:

Feeling anxious for TAs family...excited and sad too.... justice will be soon-but the ultimate outcome- Travis should still be alive- is not attainable....

Also extremely furious at the scheming, lying murderer...I abhor her....:stormingmad:

Just a hyper, mixed bag of raw emotions.....so glad I have this forum to share how I feel...
what time there same as east coast?

The trajectory that Willmott was desperately trying to get someone...anyone....to agree with doesn't even match the "he lunged at me like a linebacker" story told by her client. To get that particular trajectory would require someone standing to the side and above.

Yes!

Like when Jodi was standing while Travis was sitting in the shower!

It's first degree premeditated murder regardless of the sequence of the wounds.

Morning y'all!!

You all rested up after our long night together?

I want to say though...the jury should be bright eyed and bushy tailed. I mean, they were home by say, at the latest 9:30. IF they wanted to be - and IMO should have been. Could have easily been in bed by say 11pm. Getting up at 7am to be at court by 9:15 is 8 hours.

It's really no different than going out to dinner on any given night. They just didn't get the nice dinner...LOL!!

So I am not worried about them being tired. THEY ARE TRULY READY FOR THIS!

In fact, I wonder how many of them wish the WHOLE TRIAL could have been conducted this way?!?!? I would rather it happen like it did yesterday, than the way the previous 4 months have gone!

Really? I thought the juror implied that the M.E. conducts autopsies and therefore doesn't deal with those who have not been significantly injured by gun shot wounds.

I really don't know. That was just my impression of the question. Could have been a snark question referrring to Wilmot's idiot questions of witnesses or who knows what. It was such a ridiculous question that it's hard to know what the heck that one was all about.

I hope they can start deliberations in the morning and reach a verdict. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they have to wait until Monday because of lack of funding to hire guards to stay.jmo

From what we are hearing they can decide how long they deliberate each day but no weekends. They will not be sequestered and will be back on Monday if they get the case tomorrow and have not made a decision.

Thank You so very much~

:seeya: GM, all!

<respecfully snipped for space>
A long time ago I noticed how Wilmott is constantly, feverishly taking notes. That is one of her downfalls and source of confusion. She is so busy writing that she misses hearing some important points and also confuses herself when she attempts to question a witness from her notes. Then at times she just flips out like she did when she told the judge she was lost! She can take notes and object at the same time, lol! She drives me nuts with her writing, objecting, and approaching. Last night was a long haul and I honestly thought she was going to lose it on Dr. Hays!

ITA--Willmott is in a personal battle with Juan Martinez instead of fighting for her client's life IMO. She scribbles frantically every single thing Juan says or argues--then she gets up there and goes through every. single. point. Juan. made. She illicits no new information, she's trying for a "gotcha" on Juan, but it never works!

And when Dr. Horn noticed that typo, I thought Willmott's head was going to explode! It was my favorite moment of the day!:floorlaugh: She had just had Dr. Quack on the stand opine about since the dura mater was NOT PUNCTURED & WAS INTACT--the bullet did NOT hit the brain. She kept emphasizing the fact that this info was from the ME. When he then said OOPS! she was FURIOUS!!:floorlaugh:

Did anyone notice Jodi feeling up her own cleavage at one point late in the day yesterday? It was disturbing.

Yes I did, in fact, see that and I was uncomfortable. I usually don't give much credence to her moves, etc in court, but I do remember this particular event and it was during some disturbing testimony I believe. It truly creeped me out. It was not just a "reach in and scratch an itch" movement.

Good Morning! I am so glad I shut down the computer before jw made a fool of herself cross examining Dr. Horn. I have not doubt my fingers would have over rode my better judgement and I would be watching today from the sidelines. When she jumped up I and asked Dr. Horn if he was aware this was a capital case I was actually embarrassed for her. I just can't see that going over well with the jury either. I wish there hadn't been that typo on Dr. Horn's report, but I don't see it as, and hope it isn't, a big deal with the jury. Especially after all the omissions re ALV and Samuals. I am re-listening to Dr. Hayes and jw.....she isn't as snarky with Dr. Hayes but she still has the snark in her voice.

Sunny, did you see JW get mad and throw down her little blue folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom