State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to level set a little more on the perception issue and BC's memory issues, lies, etc.

BC showed up in good faith believing he was giving a deposition for a child custody hearing. What he encountered was a 6 hour murder investigation interrogation.

I look at it as being similar to preparing for your high school math final exam and being handed the SAT. Sure in theory you should know all the answers but it is not what you prepared for, it is not where your mind was set when you entered. How much will you really be able to answer on the fly without being confused, irritated, worried about how to answer, not remembering details, etc.

I disagree, Brad was accompanied by *all*of his attorney's. His custody lawyer, his criminal attorney's. He was well represented. I'm certain they advised their client ahead of time, prepped him. Numerous breaks were taken through-out to proceedings. This certainly wasn't an ambush. Brad didn't have cheap, court appointed counsel for this event. I've given a deposition. Your lawyer explains everything to you ahead of time. Right down to the 'you'll hear me object to some questions, for the record, but after I object you will still go ahead an answer the questiono.... etc. Brad was no country-bumpkin. He agreed to the deposition, unlike Jason Young. Because he considers himself *smarter* than anyone else.

Apologise..but just how does this person fit into this cas?..I have been so side tracked today..I missed most of it..just a synopsys would be helpful for me TYIA :waitasec::waitasec:

it was depos all day no testimony

I disagree, Brad was accompanied by *all*of his attorney's. His custody lawyer, his criminal attorney's. He was well represented. I'm certain they advised their client ahead of time, prepped him. Numerous breaks were taken through-out to proceedings. This certainly wasn't an ambush. Brad didn't have cheap, court appointed counsel for this event. I've given a deposition. Your lawyer explains everything to you ahead of time. Right down to the 'you'll hear me object to some questions, for the record, but after I object you will still go ahead an answer the questiono.... etc. Brad was no country-bumpkin. He agreed to the deposition, unlike Jason Young. Because he considers himself *smarter* than anyone else.

He agreed to the deposition because he wanted to keep his kids.

LYLO--Google How to Read PDF Files and you will find an Adobe Reader X that is free to download. Simple, and then you will be able to read them.

I suppose they had the same gruesome questions. I really feel for people that have to undergo that experience.

They did it for the safety, well-being, love of their grandchildren. If they hadn't, it would have been up to Brad who got the girls. We saw how that went with Jason Young while Mrs. Fisher and Michelle's sister proceeded with their custody suit. Simply listening to and watching Nancy's family, it appears as a family unit they were strong, loving, concerned with the welfare of each other, and kept close contact with their family of origin. I haven't been able to see the same with Brad's famiy. Brad didn't know his mothers middle name, his nephew's name. Had never even seen his nephew. It was nancy's parents who came to see Brad graduate, bought him an expensive gift. Brad's family didn't even show up for his wedding. I know if those were my girls, I wouldn't have any doubt where I'd want them to live.

The Duke Lacrosse case?
Pleeeez

This is a hella competitive area for Attorneys. That case (as well as this one and a few other notables) was a clear example of the levels folks go to to "find the truth".

Is there corruption here? Heck yeah. Is it a part of the Brad Cooper case? No.

I think the conspiracy isn't really a conspiracy as much of a "Series of unfortunate events".

And I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone (beyond the voicemails, etc being odd) in particular, but the group as a whole. That's why I think this case ended up this way.

And as for those affidavits in the custody case, it was still wrong to submit opposing affidavits from one person that conflicted that badly and it was VERY wrong to turn a custody deposition into a murder interrogation using a former Wake County judge as a pit bull.

My theory is he did it more for appearances.
If he just moved on with a new honey and waved bye to the girls, how would that look?
He thought he was far smarter than any cop and had his story scripted in his superior brain. We'll see how it all turns out.

You may be right but with his past history of being so distanced, emotionally, from his children, and almost absent in their lives, I really wonder if he wanted to keep the children or if he wanted to make a good impression. A lot of people were watching his every move. Granted, he began spending more time with them after the separation agreement was presented but that's when the expense of the separation and divorce hit him hard. I'm just basing my feelings about him and the custody on his past behavior as a parent, which was sorely lacking. I think he would have eventually come to resent them had he won custody and not been arrested. However, I may be very wrong about that.

I have Vista and I can read PDF files. There may be some little program you have to install to enable it. I'll check on that.
The MM affidavits are somewhat contradictory--both given on the same date, one was for Nancy's family in the child custody case, the other given on Brad's behalf for the same reason.

I have tried all that stuff..and nadda..Maybe cause its Canadian setup..I dont know but its a pain in the yu know where:banghead:..I can down load all these files..then read..But trying to avoid total downloading to memory..for obvious reasons...

I guess I should go ahead and download so can compare these two affidavits..I get the feeling the answers may differ because two different mindset questions were asked..with some twist to them...Cant say until I go download and read them...Before I dive in..is MM a Brad fan or Nancy fan???

I have tried all that stuff..and nadda..Maybe cause its Canadian setup..I dont know but its a pain in the yu know where:banghead:..I can down load all these files..then read..But trying to avoid total downloading to memory..for obvious reasons...

I guess I should go ahead and download so can compare these two affidavits..I get the feeling the answers may differ because two different mindset questions were asked..with some twist to them...Cant say until I go download and read them...Before I dive in..is MM a Brad fan or Nancy fan???

Both to your last question. That's what's so strange.

So what's up with the deputy being subpoenaed?
If there was suspected juror misconduct, that would be immediately addressed before any further testimony.

Do we know which deputy it is? Is it one with the jury or one with Brad?

Do we know which deputy it is? Is it one with the jury or one with Brad?

I think Judge G. called the deputy by name. Don't know if there will be links for today's trial since most of it was by taped. But it happened just after the second break before they stopped for the day at 1:15. Maybe a little after noon.

Here's a twist, the lead investigator on the Michelle Young case was Richard Spivey.
He received a promotion last summer to sergeant....in charge of the courthouse security, including the bailiff staff. Not sure who this other sergeant is?

Here's a twist, the lead investigator on the Michelle Young case was Richard Spivey.
He received a promotion last summer to sergeant....in charge of the courthouse security, including the bailiff staff. Not sure who this other sergeant is?

When is the Jason Young trial supposed to begin?

I happen to agree with this.

right now, while I think he did it (too many coincidences, motive, means, opportunity and a few other theories) I think that the BDI (Brad Did it) folks lose credibility when they take the same action (exercise) and call it okay for Nancy and narcissistic or evil for Brad. .

JMO

I snipped a whole bunch cause I was only addressing the *exercise* part right now. Unable to multi-task today. :sick:

I can't recall where I read or heard this, but accordiing to Brad, must have been somewhere in this depostion... 'he went to work in the morning, straight to school after work, and then to the gym for a two hour work-out, bringing him home around midnight each night. And then spent 12 to 13 hours a day on the week-ends, training. I wouldn't like that if it was my husband. It's one thing to have a hobby, but a schedule like this belongs with a single man IMO. Not a family man with two young children. MOO

Yes gracielee, and at the same time he was having the affair.
Obviously, he was not happy being a husband and father.
Then, with the overwhelming financial issues underlying the super aggressive divorce demands, he snapped. Brad, who his mother said always bottled up his emotions, finally exploded and did the unthinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnp625