State v Bradley Cooper 04/01/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on SG, this was not necessary. I have made my feelings about both of them clear from the beginning. They both behaved poorly. Those feelings are not related to her murder.

They ARE related to her murder because had Nancy not been murdered, you (and we) never would have heard of her, or known anything about her life (and her death). Her very murder and news of the case was the impetus for you (and all of us) knowing all that we now know and is the basis for the feelings you have about her.

How many times does it need to be stated that Nancy spent a lot of $$$? 10? 20? 100? 1,000? To what end? That it's some rationale for her being dead? and then what? At what point does it no longer matter what Nancy spent, how Nancy felt, or whether her house was neat enough?

SleuthyGal - There are certainly different opinions on this forum. Some believe BC is guilty, some innocent, some aren't sure, and some of us simply believe the prosecution has not proved their case.

However, I think everyone on this forum agrees this crime is a tragedy. NC did not deserve to die, we feel for her, her family and her children.

While NC's less-than-perfect behavior is often pointed out, I don't think it's meant to blame the victim in this case. It's pointing out a rush to judgement, and the hypocrisy of many people crucifying BC for his errors, yet ignoring similair behaviors from NC. Just my two cents...

True. But the picture they used was taken on the 12th and there is no straw in that picture.

Excellent point! And I find it very interesting that the prosecution would use a photo with NO straw, taken after Nancy was missing/murdered to make their point.:waitasec:

I voluntarily produce videos in a series utilized by Triangle Family Services, CHANGE, DOSE and Interact in the Triangle area.

I have also volunteered for in more than one capacity with the above groups.

Gotta love Verizon iPad

Special thanks to K and B for making their wifi password so easy.

Ooooh!!! You guessed it?!!

That's right, kinda blows the air out of my sail.

Brittaby Court was a taped crime scene for some period of time after the body was found (a day? 2 days?). No friend or acquaintance would have been able/allowed to get to the spot where NC's body was found before the police released the crime scene.

Her body was found in the afternoon/evening of 7/14. Police tape was up for at least a day.

While NC's less-than-perfect behavior is often pointed out, I don't think it's meant to blame the victim in this case. It's pointing out a rush to judgement, and the hypocrisy of many people crucifying BC for his errors, yet ignoring similair behaviors from NC. Just my two cents...

So who is NC's less than perfect behavior being pointed out supposed to reflect on, if not NC herself? No one has testified that NC was perfect, or a saint, yet many point to that as justification of needing to bring Nancy's memory down to a more proper level. How many times does Nancy's behavior need to be referenced? She didn't kill herself, so again, what's the point?

I have asked this several times and no one has provided an answer: it took 3+ months for Brad Cooper to be arrested for this crime. How long is 'enough' before it's NOT a 'rush to judgment?' 4 months? 6 months? a year? I'm serious. Please provide the right amount of time.

So who is NC's less than perfect behavior being pointed out supposed to reflect on, if not NC?

I have asked this several times and no one has provided an answer: it took 3+ months for Brad Cooper to be arrested for this crime. How long is 'enough' before it's NOT a 'rush to judgment?' 4 months? 6 months? a year? I'm serious. Please provide the right amount of time.

I'll answer this in my opinion only. I believe there should not be an arrest until there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the suspect is guilty.

Maybe it takes 12 hours, or 12 weeks, or 12 years. The time matters less than the evidence.

See?

Nancy's friends DID try to help her. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about and should be treated as such.

BTW, Nancy's friends formed a 501c nonprofit in Nancy's name (Nancy's Butterfly Fund) to raise funds for domestic violence programs, partnering with Interact of Wake County in 2009-2010, and since 2010, with the statewide organization NC Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCCADV).

And did you know that this fund (in both Canada & North Carolina) has raised over $100K to benefit domestic violence programs since it was formed in April 2009?

Now...what have you (the royal 'you') done to make a difference?

Interact is an amazing -- and effective -- organization> An Interact rep came to the bank where I worked @ 25 yrs ago, and I have been contributing to them (1st thru monthly payroll deduction, now by check) for 20+ years. Dignity, privacy, confidentiality, all kinds of support, advocacy, sanctuary for women & their children, etc., etc. If you can somehow get to them (and they can help w/that), they take care of the rest. A very fine org.

I'll answer this in my opinion only. I believe there should not be an arrest until there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the suspect is guilty.

Maybe it takes 12 hours, or 12 weeks, or 12 years. The time matters less than the evidence.

BBM. Whose reasonable doubt? Mine? Yours? A committee of random neighbors from across the state?

The Wake County DA made the call as to when *he* felt enough evidence existed to take this case. We haven't seen all the evidence, but he has.

Don't like the DA? Don't like how he determines probable cause and whether there's enough evidence beyond reasonable doubt? Vote him out of office!

True. But the picture they used was taken on the 12th and there is no straw in that picture.

Could it be possible there was a return trip to the dump site? Just trying to think through all this "straw" testimony.

BBM. Whose reasonable doubt? Mine? Yours? A committee of random neighbors from across the state?

The Wake County DA made the call as to when *he* felt enough evidence existed to take this case. We haven't seen all the evidence, but he has.

Don't like the DA? Don't like how he determines probable cause and whether there's enough evidence beyond reasonable doubt? Vote him out of office!

Calm down, SG. I've voted for and supported this DA for well over a decade. He is reknown for not bowing to public pressure or being hasty in making arrests, even in high profile cases (Ann Miller, Jason Young, etc).

Due to this case, I may change my vote when he's up for reelection.

I realize they are not done presenting the prosecution's case, and I am really hoping they have much better evidence than what has been presented thus far. Right now I'm not convinced of his guilt or innocence either way. So to ME, thus far, this case has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The control of Brad's house was under Brad's control until there was a search warrant served on that residence. 7/15? 7/16?

This detective saw the inner entrance way of Brad's house before ever stepping inside the house and saw the hay/straw. This is before the search warrant.

So who is NC's less than perfect behavior being pointed out supposed to reflect on, if not NC herself? No one has testified that NC was perfect, or a saint, yet many point to that as justification of needing to bring Nancy's memory down to a more proper level. How many times does Nancy's behavior need to be referenced? She didn't kill herself, so again, what's the point?

Until enough evidence is presented that 100% proves he did it. How was it not a rush to judgement to point at the guy and say he was guilty on day one, if for nothing else because a) he's the spouse and b) he didn't look right? Do you think if by some miracle they find something down the road that proves his innocence that all those people are going to say 'I'm sorry, I thought you killed her"? I don't think so

Could it be possible there was a return trip to the dump site? Just trying to think through all this "straw" testimony.

Not by Brad. He had an officer or officers following him and/or parked outside whatever residence where he was staying 24 hours a day.

I asked this in another thread and never got an answer, but do you honestly believe that every person currently in jail is guilty of the crime they were convicted of?

I'm not saying BC is innocent, but the DA doesn't always get it right.

I realize they are not done presenting the prosecution's case, and I am really hoping they have much better evidence than what has been presented thus far. Right now I'm not convinced of his guilt or evidence either way. So to ME, thus far, this case has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Right. No one could determine legal guilt at this point because the state's case is not over. I love how people claim a 'rush to judgment' but all the evidence has not been disclosed. I'd say there's a 'rush to claim a rush to judgment!' :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli