State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T:

That same weather blew through here this afternoon. New leaves, twigs, and small branches both front and back yards. Still expecting more rain tonight.

The trial video was stuck in buffering mode all day. I have ATT Fast Acess, but that finally went out also. All fixed now.

Hope you, gracielee, and everyone in your area stay safe in the morning!

Thank you! I can only imagine how frustrating it was if you were trying to watch the trial. Glad you didn't have any major damage. We were just outside putting up the lawn furniture as they say winds may be up to 40 mph....and then there are those tornado conditions to think about.
If my live trial coverage or ISP goes out, then I will have to get something accomplished....tasks that I've put off for a month.

What evidence is there that someone else did this? (Serious question.)

I know everyone here loves JA but I've been poking holes in her story the past few days. If the painting plans were made up (I believe it's highly possible) that was the foundation for this entire case. IF they were made up, JA knows something and I believe she was covering for NC, at least initially.

Okay all you tech savy peeps..I found a q&A on Cisco IP phone (which Brad had)...heres' some that may apply to how he manipulated that call from Nancy's phone or home phone to his phone...
I have to say..all this is way above me..but given Brad's expertise..I happen to think he attempted to create some sort of alibi by using his IP Phone and computer at home..JMO of course...:crazy:

This phone won't work on the standard analog home line.
But, there's no need for a fancy phone or VOIP skills to automate a call.
If your computer has a modem, it's easy to write program to make the computer dial the phone at a certain time, stay connected for a certain time, and hang up.

~snipped for space~

I'm not saying that Brad was a saint. But I don't think he was the abusive monster he's being made out to be. Krista even called him "sheepish" in her testimony today (after he confessed to the affair) and arrogant pricks are not commonly sheepish.

I'm not a "Brad supporter." I really want to get at the truth. I hope that they have the right guy, but if they don't I hope the wrong guy isn't convicted based on exaggerations, stories, and theories that haven't been proved. The state, IMO, needs to have SOME proof.

I think all of us agree with your last sentence--the Brad supporters, the anti-Brad folks, and the fence sitters. I have said previously that I don't want to see him to go prison forever if he didn't do it, regardless of my feelings toward him as a man, a husband, or as a father.

I know everyone here loves JA but I've been poking holes in her story the past few days. If the painting plans were made up (I believe it's highly possible) that was the foundation for this entire case. IF they were made up, JA knows something and I believe she was covering for NC, at least initially.

If Nancy was going to JA's house she would have driven her car.

If Nancy was meeting up with ANYONE she would have driven her car.

That is not evidence that someone else killed her. Why take all her clothes except the sports bra? Why leave the earrings? Why roll the sports bra under? Why dump her body so close to her house? Why not take the time to dump the body away from everyday traffic and people?

Those are a few of the many questions I have for the SODDI theories.

I'm really amazed that the attitude that came out of today's testimony is that the defense negated the testimony of the entomologist. He gave a time of 11 a.m. on Saturday which was either the laying of initial eggs or the laying of ANY eggs. (The defense did a poor job of defining that particular question.) But the first possible time is around midnight to 6 a.m. That was what the evidence showed. So possible (if that's even what he was answering since Trenkle confused that issue) negates the midnight to 6 a.m. probable?

Keep in mind that the defense does not need to negate the testimony... only cast doubt on it. This was the strongest piece of actual evidence so far. Yet the defense had no trouble getting him to admit that there was at least some uncertainty in his findings. Whether that ends up making a difference or not is up to the jury.

The most hinky things for me are:

- Brad's missing shoes from 7/12/08
- 2 missing shoes of the same foot from 2 pairs of NC running shoes.
- Brad pretending NC's dress was 'blue,' then 'black,' and in his depo he included 'orange.' :rolleyes:
- Brad not knowing where NC dress is, then he produces it the next day, after claiming he washed it.
- NC diamond necklace in Brad's dresser.
- The supposed 6 hrs of cleaning Brad said he did on 7/12
- Nancy's body found without shoes, socks, shorts, hat, hairband, in an area she did not run to. She was not dressed to run. She was not dressed at all.
- Brad knowing exactly which jog bra NC was wearing and offering that up.
- Brad's lies (numerous)
- Brad doing multiple loads of laundry the morning of 7/12 after his wife goes missing.
- Brad's two trips to HT within 19 min of each other.
- Brad's sparkling clean trunk and claim of 'gas spill'
- Brad claiming a 15 min crying K at 4am on 7/12 did not wake up B. And that he & Nancy let her cry for that long.
- Brad wearing cold weather gear in hot/humid July.
- Brad's multiple phone calls between 6:05am and 6:45am on a Sat morning, with 3 calls to VM within 10 min
- One of Brad's cell phone calls pinging to the cell tower closest to his wife's body ON THE MORNING she is missing, around 6:35am.
- Brad offering up that he was 'bouncing around on the Internet and doing Google searches' on the computer in his home office the morning of NC's disappearance (no one asked him if he was doing Google searches).
- Nancy's car keys and cell phone in the house (and then in a drawer). Nancy protected her car keys from Brad and they were in the house with Brad?

I'm sure there will be more to come that I can add to my hinky list.

Was anybody else even remotely intrigued by the bug guy's comments regarding the presence of bugs and that he initially would have thought there to have been head trauma as well as possible sexual assault but that it did not match the ME findings?

I do think this stems from the understanding that these blow flys tend to enter orifices or trauma sites to lay their eggs....as that is what attracts them..they leave alone closed or intact skin area's//Sorry folks of the faint of heart..Bug evidence is really good stuff from my perspective :great:

Didn't CC testify that Nancy told her on Friday she had plans to paint on Saturday?

I do think this stems from the understanding that these blow flys tend to enter orifices or trauma sites to lay their eggs....as that is what attracts them..they leave alone closed or intact skin area's//Sorry folks of the faint of heart..Bug evidence is really good stuff from my perspective :great:

Would someone yanking a person's hair hard enough to cause bleeding be enough? That certainly wouldn't show up in the ME examination as the minor damage would be eliminated by the infestation.

Didn't CC testify that Nancy told her on Friday she had plans to paint on Saturday?

You are absolutely correct. And Brad himself stated that he made a special trip to Lowe's on Friday morning in order to pick up a drop cloth to help Nancy with her painting project.

I'm so tired of all the talk of Nancy and her spending.....it frankly makes me sick as if the defense is saying she was a spoiled diva! I don't even care if she did spend a lot of money....does that makes if understandable for Brad to kill her then???? He cut her off of their accounts and dished out money to her.....in a foreign country....when she could not get a job...but people want to slam her cuz she wanted a manicure!!!!! Women should be furious for Nancy as a woman being treated like this.... It is just BS to me, they both spent money! And the only money that has anything to do with Nancy's murder is the alimony and child support Brad was going to have to pay. All the other money talk is only to degrade the victim JMO

B wasn't doing good. Potty accidents, and having probs at preschool.

I encourage you to go back and read the affidavits of B's preschool teachers, because they describe her as a happy, well adjusted child who was having no problems at preschool.

I'm tired of people bashing the victim in the case AND also trying to insinuate (or outright claim) that JA is somehow lying or involved in the murder. Give me a break!

Multiple people have testified and verified that NC had painting plans on the morning of 7/12. Even the defendant claims this. The plans were there, they were solid, they were known. JA was a truthful and good witness, a very good friend to be concerned, and, frankly, quite brave, given the crap that's been spewed on her for the last 2+ yrs for doing exactly the right thing--the very thing we would want any of our friends to do if one of us were missing. :banghead:

The problem I see here is PROOF...so far in this trial I haven't seen any that indicates WHO Nancy's killer was.. ?,,,I'm talking about EVIDENCE....not gossip and circumstance, Brad very well could have, But I haven't seen any REAL evidence to indicate he did it. ?
Maybe I am nieve or not as good a sluther as you guys, but at this point I really need some solid evidence.Also how do you explain all the in-approiate actions by the Cary P.D. ?,If he did do it...they arent helping by destroying evidence(NC's,BB), and fabricating the straw on the rug?...I am not taking sides,and am truly in the middle,as if I am a juror who has no prior knowledge of the case( WHICH IS THE TRUTH) vaguely remember reading it when it first happened back in 2008

I remember during the Scott Peterson trial feeling like the defense just tore the prosecution apart during the states presentation. Then the defense put on their case and the prosecution ripped them apart. It seems that people are more impressed with the minutea that diminishes a point than they are with everything else that makes the point legitimate.

I am personally looking forward to the prosecution finishing with the strongest of their evidence and then on to the defense presentation.

I remember during the Scott Peterson trial feeling like the defense just tore the prosecution apart during the states presentation. Then the defense put on their case and the prosecution ripped them apart. It seems that people are more impressed with the minutea that diminishes a point than they are with everything else that makes the point legitimate.

I am personally looking forward to the prosecution finishing with the strongest of their evidence and then on to the defense presentation.

Excellent point...and it is far more easy to cross a witness.

Would someone yanking a person's hair hard enough to cause bleeding be enough? That certainly wouldn't show up in the ME examination as the minor damage would be eliminated by the infestation.

Yes of course Cheyenne..They are attracted to all soft tissue and fluids..including blood or sites traumatized that enable the BREAK of integrety of skin or tissue.. Its not just the fluids..but the composition of those fluids..as we all know it does not take long for decomp to start and Blow flys will NOT enter or lay egss in LIVING tissues..:seeya:

The problem I see here is PROOF...so far in this trial I haven't seen any that indicates WHO Nancy's killer was.. ?,,,I'm talking about EVIDENCE....not gossip and circumstance, Brad very well could have, But I haven't seen any REAL evidence to indicate he did it. ?
Maybe I am nieve or not as good a sluther as you guys, but at this point I really need some solid evidence.Also how do you explain all the in-approiate actions by the Cary P.D. ?,If he did do it...they arent helping by destroying evidence(NC's,BB), and fabricating the straw on the rug?...I am not taking sides,and am truly in the middle,as if I am a juror who has no prior knowledge of the case( WHICH IS THE TRUTH) vaguely remember reading it when it first happened back in 2008

If a man kills his wife in his own house and then disposes of her body and cleans, cleans, cleans afterwards, what EVIDENCE do you expect them to find? (Serious question.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14