State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the case of "alienation of affection" would BC be responsible for child support and alimony? I am assuming alienation of affection can occur if one side of the marriage decides it will become a sex-less marriage.

No, alienation of affection is a lawsuit one spouse files against the girlfriend/boyfriend of the other spouse. Mr. & Mrs. Less are married. Mr. Less begins an affair with Miss Hot Pants and Miss Hot Pants knows that Mr. Less is a happily married man (probably with children, but doesn't have to be) and Mr. Less decides to separate from Mrs. Less. Mrs. Less has proof of the affair and she sues Little Miss Hot Pants for alienating the affection of Mr. Less for her. Mr. Less isn't sued. Little Miss Hot Pants is. Little Miss Hot Pants, if she loses the lawsuit - and most of the time she does - would have a judgement entered against her for whatever the damages are. There was a $500,000 settlement in Alamance County, NC a few years back. Mrs. Less then sits back and waits to collect on her judgement against Little Miss Hot Pants - who a lot of times has then become the 2nd Mrs. Less. Ex-Mrs. Less can then still be awarded alimony/child support from Mr. Less.

P.S. - And then, of course, is also the division of community property - where Mr. Less has to give up half of his house, cars, boats, money accounts, retirement, furniture, any and all assets that were gained during the marriage. All because Little Miss Hot Pants couldn't go out and find a single man - she'd rather take a married man away from his wife and family, cuz it's just so much fun!

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Nancy emails Brett: I'm scared about the future, but also excited. I think of you often feeling really bad about everything. #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Nancy emails Brett: Things are not as well here. Brad & I are divorcing. Girls & I are moving to Toronto. #coopertrial
18 seconds ago

WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
April 2008, Brett & Nancy email eachother. FBI agent: Brad was reading all of these emails, including ones from Nancy's attny.

Brad is a creepy creepy guy...

I didn't say it was right. I do not see it as a justification for getting it somewhere else either. May be a basic need, but you will not die without it.

MOO

Fair comment; understood - and thanks for posting this!

Uh oh... BC reading e-mails between NC and her ex, BW...getting juicy right before quitting for the day....

maybe her lawyer told her to go...I doubt Nancy could keep an affair a secret..I think she strayed once..before she had children

So that would be before BCs known affair, right? I'm sure he has had more than what has come out in this trial.

And it's just as strong a possibility that after finding out 12/31/07, - perhaps four months later she had something that might be a symptom - a discharge, an itch, an odor (sorry to be graphic), or maybe she got over her embarrassment enough to go in and tell her doctor that BC had had an affair and she felt she needed testing, or maybe BC wouldn't cough up the co-pay $$ for her to go to the doctor before then. There are lots of possibilities. No evidence she was having an affair has been presented. I'll wait to see if the defense has any evidence on that one, which I highly doubt.

I tend to believe after HM told her, and Brad denied, vowed to sue etc..that she couldnt be sure of it...HOWEVER..It was confirmed by Brad during their Family Councilling..and it was then she had the STD done..not until that point..and along with that she saught legal council to start separation and divorce proceedings......So Nancy did NOT have any affair..that is only a rumor started by defence ..no testimony about any ongoing affair with anybody..How the heck did she ever have the time for that anyway??.. She got a few hours here and there to see her female buds without kids, when Brad was there..but I cannot see a ragging affair with someone you cant see?? JMO But suggesting it is just that..not based on UTD facts..only recalling a friendship with some guy back in 2001 or sumptin..before children..

:crazy::waitasec:

'There is no justification for a wife to cut her husband off sexually'? < slaps my ears > Am I hearing this in 2011??? I feel like I somehow fell into a time machine taking me back 40 some years. Hello? In a marriage, two people talk. And sex is mutual. It has nothing to do with 'cutting off'. It has to do with mutual love for each other. Desire. If one or the other doesn't have any desire anymore, due to indifference, lack of time, lack of emotional input into a marriage, then that isn't CUTTING OFF. That is 'lack of desire'. Females are no longer pieces of property. Just because you got a marriage license, doesn't mean you bought the rights to SEX, regardless of feelings/emotions/love/consideration, etc. MOO MOO MOO MOO

BRAVO Gracielee! So glad you are here.

Not to mention her numerous miscarriages, the ones Brad couldn't remember too well, nor did he remember if he went with her to the doctor/hospital. But he did remember having to sit for hours in a waiting room once or twice...... and that made him hoppin' mad!:maddening:

Yea, I think at least once, NC had to call a taxi to come fetch her so she could go to the hospital because she was miscarrying! Pretty sure that I also read that Brad was too busy at work to take her himself. Now that takes the cake!!:mad:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Brett emails Nancy: I would love to have taken you to dinner in Toronto. FBI agent: Brad also intercepted this email. #coopertrial
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Nancy emails Brad: "The fact that I have to ask you to gas my car, buy food and buy paint is very degrading." #coopertrial
44 seconds ago

Yes it is mutual. And sometimes in a marriage, people do things they don't really want to simply because they love their partner. These were 2 people in their early 30s.

I was 19 when I got married, hubby 23. Many MANY moons ago. I say that because you mentioned 'early 30's'. And we never did anything we didn't want to do. When ever we 'did it', we really REALLY wanted to, and where ever we 'did it', well, it was FUN. Whether it was outside under the stars, or in the kitchen. We had a blast. But you know what, if I didn't want to 'do it', he didn't either, and vice versa. Because if I wasn't happy/in the mood for love, neither was he. It kinda works that way with many couples. It's hard to be HAPPY when your lover isn't HAPPY. Reading what you wrote reminded me of something from the 1950's. Long before 'The Joy of Sex' and Gloria Steinham, well before I burned my bra.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
FBI agent: Brad also intercepted emails from Nancy's friend Diana Duncan, her lawyer Alice Stubbs, real estate agent, etc. #coopertrial

Not to mention her numerous miscarriages, the ones Brad couldn't remember too well, nor did he remember if he went with her to the doctor/hospital. But he did remember having to sit for hours in a waiting room once or twice...... and that made him hoppin' mad!:maddening:

He definitely has one of those selective memories.

He can remember every single little bitty, teeny-tiny thing he did for Nancy, to make her happy on the 12th. RiighT!

I was 19 when I got married, hubby 23. Many MANY moons ago. I say that because you mentioned 'early 30's'. And we never did anything we didn't want to do. When ever we 'did it', we really REALLY wanted to, and where ever we 'did it', well, it was FUN. Whether it was outside under the stars, or in the kitchen. We had a blast. But you know what, if I didn't want to 'do it', he didn't either, and vice versa. Because if I wasn't happy/in the mood for love, neither was he. It kinda works that way with many couples. It's hard to be HAPPY when your lover isn't HAPPY. Reading what you wrote reminded me of something from the 1950's. Long before 'The Joy of Sex' and Gloria Steinham, well before I burned my bra.

Great common sense her gracielee.....much appreciated!

That's different from what I'm talking about. My wife and I have gone weeks without sex many times. And I definitely wanted to during that time. And no, I never thought about going elsewhere. But that is completely different from saying I'm done having sex with you forever. If that was the case, why would she care that he was sleeping with other people? Really, why would that upset her? It was a control issue with her much like money was a control issue with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC