State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do recall it was uneventful.
The 14th e-mails were something about a flyer for an iron-man race (don't think he opened) and DD had sent an e-mail to Brad that day about organizing the search efforts, ect.

Wral said this...

wral FBI agent: Brad e-mailed Nancy on July 14, 2008, two days after she went missing. (Text of email not disclosed in court). #coopertrial

Is it a fact that only 1000 pages were turned over to the defense or is this just a statement by the defense? Is the defense at risk of perjury or some other offense due to statements made in this motion?

We hear so much about corruption in police departments, DA offices and within the judicial branch. Yes, these issues do occur. But in this case is this being presented as a defensive tactic?

Does Kurtz have any experience with 1st degree murder cases? Is he in over his head and possibly looking to paint the whole investigation and prosecution as a railroad job? Is there any precedence for a 4 year old testifying in court? Are the comments of a 4 year old admissible in court?

Obviously, some of what Kurtz is requesting in the emergency motion has been turned over because we've heard it in trial testimony. Unless I'm just so terribly confused.....
It really get nasty at around AP 35 or so when the actual people involved are mentioned, paragraph by paragraph. It was upsetting to read to a degree.
The entire motion is filled with little tidbits of information that we have not seen nor heard before, IIRC.

it's amazing that Nancy was found naked but not sexually assaulted...and since when did abductors start taking victims shoes???

So, no smoking gun today. The State used the computer expert to document, once again, what a lousy husband Brad Cooper was. Here are a few highlights:

1. We saw a photo from his computer files of a woman in a bikini (gasp!) from 2002. (Kurtz had objected vehemently beforehand, because of the prejudicial nature, so I was expecting something much more juicy.)
2. We saw from old resumes that Brad is really good with computers and telephony.
3. We saw emails between BC and HM from 2004. Most of the flirty stuff was from her end at that point.
4. We saw emails between Brad and CB that indicated fondness for one another. We saw the same photos of CB and some video from the France trip.
5. We saw emails between BC and NC surrounding everything from the state of the house, to the real estate stuff, to plans for the daughter's BDay party, etc. Some were repeats of what we'd seen before.
6. Appears that Brad began intercepting (by auto-forwarding them to his account) NC's incoming (not outgoing) emails April 7 of 2008. Twitter covers the high points there.
7. Email activity around date NC went missing as follows--7/09 DD invite to cookout, 7/11 BC sent email at 3:35 pm, BC received email at 5:00 pm, BC reads his email at 9:32 pm (didn't note to/from so not significant?)
7/14 BC emailed NC. Did not read email FROM United emiles, Did read Email FROM DD.

Detective McDreamy seems like a nice young man and he smells nice.

That's all I got. I think I may have to go back tomorrow!! :)

Thank you so much :)

Thought BC was asleep @ 8:30PM on 7.11.2008. Appears he is reading e-mail at 9:32PM. Guess he just took a nap.

Wral said this...

wral FBI agent: Brad e-mailed Nancy on July 14, 2008, two days after she went missing. (Text of email not disclosed in court). #coopertrial

I didn't take away anything at all about the e-mails on the 14th.
Like i said above, they seemed routine. Now there is at least 1 more he read after 10PM on the 11th we haven't heard about yet.

i dont trust @wral tweeting.

they have tweeted the wrong thing on more than one occasion or left out parts of the defenses cross and what not.

they are NOT the tweet to read if you want an unbiased explanation of the court proceedings.

The fact that the 4 year old MADE comments is admissable.

They(the pros) wont even acknowledge that an interview occured...and if it didnt occur, WHY didnt CPD interview her after their neighbor told them the daugther commented on seeing her mother that morning she disappeared.

Either they have the interview and are holding out...violation of due process...or the interview never happened which is also a violation which stems from United States vs. Bagley.

and the judge is terrible because he is clearly allowing here-say in this case as facts and testimony.

thats the #1 reason.

There has been conflicting testimony--by Brad--that the child was not even awake at 7am when NC left the house to go jogging. So that's an area we have not focused on because it's gray. Brad himself has told so many variations of this and that he tripped himself up on many issues beginning on July 11 and continuing through the child custody depositions 3 months later.
The judge is admonishing the jury that the hearsay testimony goes only to the mindset or state of mind. Some he has allowed, some he has not allowed.

Is it a fact that only 1000 pages were turned over to the defense or is this just a statement by the defense? Is the defense at risk of perjury or some other offense due to statements made in this motion?

We hear so much about corruption in police departments, DA offices and within the judicial branch. Yes, these issues do occur. But in this case is this being presented as a defensive tactic?

Does Kurtz have any experience with 1st degree murder cases? Is he in over his head and possibly looking to paint the whole investigation and prosecution as a railroad job? Is there any precedence for a 4 year old testifying in court? Are the comments of a 4 year old admissible in court?

Based on the ruling for the writ I would say that it is true since there was a huge amount of evidence turned over subsequent to this petition. If it were not true it would be spelled out in the prosecution answer to the petition I would think.

it's amazing that Nancy was found naked but not sexually assaulted...and since when did abductors start taking victims shoes???

coroner said the body was too decomposed to tell if any sexual assault had occurred.

<modsnip> :)

So, no smoking gun today. The State used the computer expert to document, once again, what a lousy husband Brad Cooper was. Here are a few highlights:

1. We saw a photo from his computer files of a woman in a bikini (gasp!) from 2002. (Kurtz had objected vehemently beforehand, because of the prejudicial nature, so I was expecting something much more juicy.)
2. We saw from old resumes that Brad is really good with computers and telephony.
3. We saw emails between BC and HM from 2004. Most of the flirty stuff was from her end at that point.
4. We saw emails between Brad and CB that indicated fondness for one another. We saw the same photos of CB and some video from the France trip.
5. We saw emails between BC and NC surrounding everything from the state of the house, to the real estate stuff, to plans for the daughter's BDay party, etc. Some were repeats of what we'd seen before.
6. Appears that Brad began intercepting (by auto-forwarding them to his account) NC's incoming (not outgoing) emails April 7 of 2008. Twitter covers the high points there.
7. Email activity around date NC went missing as follows--7/09 DD invite to cookout, 7/11 BC sent email at 3:35 pm, BC received email at 5:00 pm, BC reads his email at 9:32 pm (didn't note to/from so not significant?)
7/14 BC emailed NC. Did not read email FROM United emiles, Did read Email FROM DD. My notes say DID read email about Triathalon event.

Detective McDreamy seems like a nice young man and he smells nice.

That's all I got. I think I may have to go back tomorrow!! :)

Good job FD, while I was dozing off, you took good notes. :D

I watched the jury carefully, and I will say I am amazed they can stay attentive during some of this very boring testimony.

i dont trust @wral tweeting.

they have tweeted the wrong thing on more than one occasion or left out parts of the defenses cross and what not.

they are NOT the tweet to read if you want an unbiased explanation of the court proceedings.

Do you have a recommendation for someone to follow who does?

For the life of me, I do not understand such hostility from so many of you over a very simple statement. And I do not need to look up Crohn's Disease. I know personally what it is like so you can forget the long lecture. When it is not active, you feel much better and it normally doesn't impede your sex life whatsoever. Again I know personally it does not normally mean you can not have sex unless you have extreme flare ups. Now I personally think the rest of your discussion is purely your opinion and has nothing to do with my response reference health issues and sex so I refuse to reply to that portion.

I apologise IF you took my response as hostile..It was not meant to be..only addressing the points you mentioned regarding with-holding sex. and the fact she did have good reason to with hold, tho she didnt until after 2nd child born..Anyway..Sorry if my bolding of certain words appear to be hostility..no, it was soley for the purpose to make sure Not was not confused with something else. Brad was simply not good husband material and I will leave it at that..ok? :seeya:

:blushing:

I dont care if the girl was asleep or not as stated by Brad.

IF THE DAUGHTER SAID TO A NEIGHBOR THAT SHE SAW HER MOM WHY WASNT SHE INTERVIEWED?
US v. Bagley
and if she was interviewed WHERE is the transcript of that? did the pros with hold it?
brady v. maryland

dont overlook the constitutional rights here.

coroner said the body was too decomposed to tell if any sexual assault had occurred.

get the facts straight please :)

they have found sperm on evidence that has been found years later... I doubt Nancy was abducted, or assaulted and why would she be found with no clothes on if there was NO sexual assault...
it just means Brad dumped her...he should have just put her in her jogging outfit
it would have been a better alibi

I really hate to burst your bubble diphi, In circumstantial cases there is NO "Smoking Gun" IF there was then I have assume it would be direct evidence and likely would have been a plea deal...These intimate murder cases rarely have direct evidence that Go to trial..DNA and prints dont mean much when both parties live together..So it comes down to an accumilations of evidence pointing to only one person..So we shall have to see..
This is not meant to be sarcstic at all..only pointing out how it is in cases such as this...

In the end it will be first the defense who trys to poke holes in pros. witnesses, then in closing arguments Pros has to put all the facts testified to together to create the picture..and of course the defense does the same to remove pieces of that picture..

It all comes down to the jurors in the end and how they feel about the credibility of the witnesses :seeya:

No problem...not taken as sarcastic. I know it's circumstantial, and heavily circumstantial against BC. My post just reflected my wish that there was something concrete to convict. In my own mind, with the information and details I have, I'm convinced he did it. If I were sitting on the jury with the information they have, could I convict? Right now I'm shaking my head "No, probably not." I think I'll take JTF's advice and just wait a bit, though. It's true, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

IMO

get the facts straight please :)

Not to mention the entomologist said the insect infestation in the area would make him think there was something going on. They were also careful to say inconclusive for sexual assault but no mention of potential consensual sex.

I didn't take away anything at all about the e-mails on the 14th.
Like i said above, they seemed routine. Now there is at least 1 more he read after 10PM on the 11th we haven't heard about yet.

He was emailing her while missing/dead...On the day she was found - an unopened/forwarded? email about Iron Man sheesh? I think that beyond weird.

I can't wait to here about the one after 10 pm.

why would brad email nancy...he knew at that time..she didn't have her phone...He had it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC