State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
coroner said the body was too decomposed to tell if any sexual assault had occurred.

get the facts straight please :)

HOWEVER, BUG activity (colonization) in that area was NOT evident, which would lead forensics to conclude there was no trauma (broken skin or entrance levels) to that area of her body..Just a thought. DNA was not available due to decomp, no more no less :seeya:

Outside of keeping up with the OJ trial from a very high level this case is the first one that has obtained my attention. Is this Motion for Stay a common practice by any defense team?

Wow, same here. I watched a lot of the OJ trial. But haven't done that again until this one. I do love 48 hours mystery and dateline shows, but this just grabbed my attention back in 2008.

^ i wont even be brought down to your level on that...why does anyone KILL anyone anyways??? much less need an explanation for why they are naked or anything. innocent until proven guilty.

sorry Maja, i dont...i would say either re-watch it yourself or be there in person to get the true account.

Harumph. I have been watching virtually every buffer-choppy day. Impossible to watch the most of today as it was not available for viewing :(

So, no smoking gun today. The State used the computer expert to document, once again, what a lousy husband Brad Cooper was. Here are a few highlights:

1. We saw a photo from his computer files of a woman in a bikini (gasp!) from 2002. (Kurtz had objected vehemently beforehand, because of the prejudicial nature, so I was expecting something much more juicy.)
2. We saw from old resumes that Brad is really good with computers and telephony.
3. We saw emails between BC and HM from 2004. Most of the flirty stuff was from her end at that point.
4. We saw emails between Brad and CB that indicated fondness for one another. We saw the same photos of CB and some video from the France trip.
5. We saw emails between BC and NC surrounding everything from the state of the house, to the real estate stuff, to plans for the daughter's BDay party, etc. Some were repeats of what we'd seen before.
6. Appears that Brad began intercepting (by auto-forwarding them to his account) NC's incoming (not outgoing) emails April 7 of 2008. Twitter covers the high points there.
7. Email activity around date NC went missing as follows--7/09 DD invite to cookout, 7/11 BC sent email at 3:35 pm, BC received email at 5:00 pm, BC reads his email at 9:32 pm (didn't note to/from so not significant?)
7/14 BC emailed NC. Did not read email FROM United emiles, Did read Email FROM DD. My notes say DID read email about Triathalon event.

Detective <modsnip> seems like a nice young man and he smells nice.

That's all I got. I think I may have to go back tomorrow!! :)

So the email reading Friday night turned out to be a big pile of nothing (like much of this case)? They didn't even indicate what the email was, just that he read it at 9:32? But that was going to be the smoking gun because it was the email that put him in a murderous rage. So did we actually learn anything today other than Brad was a bad husband and had affairs and read her emails?

I think today was a good day for the State. Brad intercepting emails from Nancy, her friends and lawyer is a window into his frame of mind leading up to her death. Plain and simple. A stable person would not do that EVER! If anyone thinks that is not scary...well it just is..He was obsessed with her even though he had rejected her on all accounts. JMO

it's amazing that Nancy was found naked but not sexually assaulted...and since when did abductors start taking victims shoes???

We do not know if she was sexually assaulted. We just know that there was no presence of semen.

Wow, same here. I watched a lot of the OJ trial. But haven't done that again until this one. I do love 48 hours mystery and dateline shows, but this just grabbed my attention back in 2008.

I was on vacation in July 2008, Outer Banks, during the week of NC going missing and therefore no access to the RTP local news. I was amazed to hear about this story on satellite radio, FOX news. I recall Geraldo speaking about this case. I found it a bit odd at the time to hear about a missing Cary woman being covered by national news. I don't know what about this case stirred such interest from a national perspective?

you know what the saddest part of these forums are...that right near the end of each trial ....people come on board and try to get others going
I should be used to it by now but.....

Something that occurred to me after reading about NC's e-mails that BC snooped is why in the world would Alice Stubbs (presumably an experienced family law attorney) be sending that kind of thing in e-mail in the first place? I thought that it was fairly standard practice, particularly in the case that the spouse has computer skills, to tell the client that they should assume that their electronic communications are not safe.

In fact in the Family Law Primer on her firm's website says:
It is important that you discuss the issues of document security and control of cash, investment and credit accounts with us at your initial consultation. Early decisions about your case can have an impact on the ultimate result.
I would expect that the document security discussion, in addition to telling the client to store any printed documents in a safe place, would include a no e-mail recommendation.

There is a whole cottage industry out there of ways to e-snoop on a spouse (key loggers, e-mail snoopers, etc).

Here's another good blog entry from an AZ divorce attorney about how common it is for a spouse involved in a divorce snooping on the other spouse. He says:
I tell all potential clients to assume that their emails are being monitored by the other party.
That is pretty much word for word what a friend of mine's attorney told her when she was going through a divorce. It's just very surprising that Mrs Stubbs would not have said the same thing, particularly given that NC already thought that BC was eavesdropping on her phone calls.

So the email reading Friday night turned out to be a big pile of nothing (like much of this case)? They didn't even indicate what the email was, just that he read it at 9:32? But that was going to be the smoking gun because it was the email that put him in a murderous rage. So did we actually learn anything today other than Brad was a bad husband and had affairs and read her emails?

So far it shows us that Brad is GUILTY of being an *advertiser censored**hole. But I think we already knew that.

I was on vacation in July 2008, Outer Banks, during the week of NC going missing and therefore no access to the RTP local news. I was amazed to hear about this story on satellite radio, FOX news. I recall Geraldo speaking about this case. I found it a bit odd at the time to hear about a missing Cary woman being covered by national news. I don't know what about this case stirred such interest from a national perspective?

maybe because she was a Canadian Citizen

He was emailing her while missing/dead...On the day she was found - an unopened/forwarded? email about Iron Man sheesh? I think that beyond weird.

I can't wait to here about the one after 10 pm.

Is BC so aloof he forgot NC was dead? Good grief.

coroner said the body was too decomposed to tell if any sexual assault had occurred.

get the facts straight please :)
Just link to that and it will be settled.

We have not heard the end of the e-mail story.
He read 2 emails the night of 7-11 and we only heard about one.

I have said all along, I think his internet history will be the "gotcha" moment.

Something that occurred to me after reading about NC's e-mails that BC snooped is why in the world would Alice Stubbs (presumably an experienced family law attorney) be sending that kind of thing in e-mail in the first place? I thought that it was fairly standard practice, particularly in the case that the spouse has computer skills, to tell the client that they should assume that their electronic communications are not safe.

In fact in the Family Law Primer on her firm's website says:

I would expect that the document security discussion, in addition to telling the client to store any printed documents in a safe place, would include a no e-mail recommendation.

There is a whole cottage industry out there of ways to e-snoop on a spouse (key loggers, e-mail snoopers, etc).

Here's another good blog entry from an AZ divorce attorney about how common it is for a spouse involved in a divorce snooping on the other spouse. He says:

That is pretty much word for word what a friend of mine's attorney told her when she was going through a divorce. It's just very surprising that Mrs Stubbs would not have said the same thing, particularly given that NC already thought that BC was eavesdropping on her phone calls.

I agree. I know people who are, by all accounts, sane and reasonable who have intercepted their spouse's emails in a separation/divorce situation. It is VERY common.

Because it shouldn't happen .........a young, beautiful family. Behind closed doors was a sad, scary life. Everyone's nightmare.

I think today was a good day for the State. Brad intercepting emails from Nancy, her friends and lawyer is a window into his frame of mind leading up to her divorce. Plain and simple. A stable person would not do that EVER! If anyone thinks that is not scary...well it just is..He was obsessed with her even though he had rejected her on all accounts. JMO

I totally hear what you're saying. And not defending BC or NC in any way, but a divorce de-stabilizes everyone involved. No one acts normal in those circumstances...I don't think obsession about certain things is that unusual. It can just get nasty...sometimes real fast and without warning...

IMO

So, no smoking gun today. The State used the computer expert to document, once again, what a lousy husband Brad Cooper was. Here are a few highlights:
Did you offer to demonstrate your sports bra test for them? :fireworks:

(I'm pretty sure you were the one who did the test last week.)

<modsnip>, what is your theory on him making the work calls during and after the 2nd trip to HT. Again, he never mentioned them to police or anyone else, so I don't believe they were to establish an additional alibi. So what was the purpose of these calls?

I believe these calls were quick and easy and his way of attempting to make the morning look 'normal'. i.e. foloe through with typical work tasks he normally would. Besides, work was important to him...definitely more important than NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member